2012 Mustangs

dhanulec

Humm,,,My dealer provided the VIN over a week ago but the site here says that VIN is not in the system. Wonder how long that takes ?

Geeze...this has been and is a long and painful process !

Your dealer should also be able to provide you with your build week, which is the week your build date will fall on. The window sticker won't show up until about 6 or 7 days BEFORE your build date. For example, I got my VIN on 5/26 with a build week of 6/13. My window sticker didn't show up until 6/7, 12 days after I received my VIN, and from that I was able to see that my build date was actually 6/13.

I'm glad that some of you that have had orders in for awhile finally got your vehicles. As an employee, I'm sorry it took so long and I hope you don't hold a grudge the next time you are in the market for a new car.

And thanks for the pictures. :)

Pioneer,

I would have been extremely frustrated by this whole thing if not for excellent Ford employees and the whole social media segment of Ford customer service. Getting updates on my status here from cyberdman, from FCS on twitter, and from Deysha (a Ford customer service social media rep) on one of the Mustang forums I'm on has been a pleasant surprise. The only disappointment has been my dealership (no surprises there). I placed my order on 4/11 and I'm in the final stretch. I saw you were able to look up the priority # for someone else's order. Could you look up to see what mine was set to in the system? Here's my VIN: 1ZVBP8AM2C5231359 I'm only curious because it took nearly 7 weeks to receive my VIN after placing my order (dealer told me my Mustang would probably be delivered 6-8 weeks after ordering, HAH!). Either they gave me a crappy priority # or they didn't have much allocation. The only thing I'm truly hoping will happen now is to take delivery of my Mustang before the 4th of July weekend. Last ETA I received was for the 29th, which is cutting it a little too close for my liking. I'm hoping I get it sooner than that!

Edited by PoitNarf

Pioneer,

I would have been extremely frustrated by this whole thing if not for excellent Ford employees and the whole social media segment of Ford customer service. Getting updates on my status here from cyberdman, from FCS on twitter, and from Deysha (a Ford customer service social media rep) on one of the Mustang forums I'm on has been a pleasant surprise. The only disappointment has been my dealership (no surprises there). I placed my order on 4/11 and I'm in the final stretch. I saw you were able to look up the priority # for someone else's order. Could you look up to see what mine was set to in the system? Here's my VIN: 1ZVBP8AM2C5231359 I'm only curious because it took nearly 7 weeks to receive my VIN after placing my order (dealer told me my Mustang would probably be delivered 6-8 weeks after ordering, HAH!). Either they gave me a crappy priority # or they didn't have much allocation. The only thing I'm truly hoping will happen now is to take delivery of my Mustang before the 4th of July weekend. Last ETA I received was for the 29th, which is cutting it a little too close for my liking. I'm hoping I get it sooner than that!

Your priority was 13. And as you said, your ETA is the 29th, but it is off the rail now so you might get it before that,

In Transit Received - 135519 (Csx Transportation )Ramp 5R, Twin Oaks, PAJun-20-2011, 19:19 ETA Jun-29-2011

Your priority was 13. And as you said, your ETA is the 29th, but it is off the rail now so you might get it before that,

In Transit Received - 135519 (Csx Transportation )Ramp 5R, Twin Oaks, PAJun-20-2011, 19:19 ETA Jun-29-2011

Priority wasn't as high as I thought it would be. I know there were other retail Mustang orders ahead of mine at my dealership, so I guess I was just too far back in the line to get a more speedy turnaround. Thanks for checking that for me! The waiting game continues!

Humm,,,My dealer provided the VIN over a week ago but the site here says that VIN is not in the system. Wonder how long that takes ?

Geeze...this has been and is a long and painful process !

Post or PM me your VIN and I will tell you your build date and then we can figure out when your sticker will appear.

Great ! My VIN 1ZVBP8CF1C5239144 Thanks for the help, like others here placed my order mid March. It does seem a long time to wait !

I don't think your going to like this date.

Scheduled to Day (Jul-20-2011) Autoalliance International Inc, MI ETA Aug-04-2011

Just out of my own curiosity and possibly ignorance.... ;)

Why is it that I can order a $20 piece of merchandise from just about anywhere and have the ability to track the shipping progress down to every stop/exchange/etc. and know a delivery date with about 99% accuracy, but if I order a $36,000 piece of merchandise it seems that information is essentially hidden from me or cumbersome to gather?

My ETA (gathered from various sources) has changed from June 20th>>June 29th>>June 28th>>July 3rd. These are changes after my car was built and put on a rail car. Those dates are 3 completely different weeks. I could understand the shift in ETA dates if it were before and/or during manufacturing, but having those swings after it has been "shipped" seems crazy to me.

Again I'm not trying to be a jerk, the people that I have been in contact with have been outstanding. From the dealer up to Ford Customer Service, just trying to settle my own curiosity.

Just out of my own curiosity and possibly ignorance.... ;)

Why is it that I can order a $20 piece of merchandise from just about anywhere and have the ability to track the shipping progress down to every stop/exchange/etc. and know a delivery date with about 99% accuracy, but if I order a $36,000 piece of merchandise it seems that information is essentially hidden from me or cumbersome to gather?

My ETA (gathered from various sources) has changed from June 20th>>June 29th>>June 28th>>July 3rd. These are changes after my car was built and put on a rail car. Those dates are 3 completely different weeks. I could understand the shift in ETA dates if it were before and/or during manufacturing, but having those swings after it has been "shipped" seems crazy to me.

Again I'm not trying to be a jerk, the people that I have been in contact with have been outstanding. From the dealer up to Ford Customer Service, just trying to settle my own curiosity.

I could not agree with you more. The Ford people and dealer have been great. The information on the build date has been poor. I have a car on order since 12/15 with a third qtr build date all I get is 3rd qtr on material hold. As a Contractor to Ford we must give reports on every aspect of our progress boy this is a one way street..

• 2 weeks later...

Well now my dealer says the delivery date is 15 AUG. Let's see....ordered in mid MAR, that's only 5 months to delivery.....geeze...

Two years ago I ordered a new MBZ for my wife, 45 days later she was driving it ! Some difference !

Now I will try to find the window sticker information online, should be fun..

The window sticker will be available about a week before your build date. Use the same link as the one posted, delete that VIN and put your own in.

My window sticker finally showed up ! http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8CF1C5239144 assuming the build date is 6 days away, that still leaves 27 days for them to make the given delivery date. Ample time I hope ! At least it's finally on the way....