Eco-boost finally in my Driveway!

nemosdad

Ok. Pictures worked in test thread. Fingers crossed. Heesman13, I just switched over to the english units to check mpg. I'm getting about 17 in town. Haven't been able to check hiway miles yet. I also don't know if that's american or canadian gallons. The little bit of hiway miles I did manage was not promising. However, it's nearly impossible not to speed in this thing. You think your doing around the limit but when you check your speed, your flying! I'll post fuel economy again after a couple of tanks, and when I settle down on the throttle.

Truck is XTR (Gussied up XLT). Supercrew, max tow (which in Canada includes the max payload package), grey cloth interior (two big thumbs up for the quality by the way. Seems very durable) Sync, power pedals and heated mirrors.

Gotta tell you that the max payload package is a little stiff unloaded. Not unpleasant, buy you know your in a truck when you go over a rough bump.

Everything else seems fantastic! I have nothing bad to say about the thing. Tranny is great, truck is quiet, power is actually a little unnerving at first. When your on it a little bit and the tranny upshifts, there is a frightening amount of torque there. Rather than that feeling of building power up through the rpm band, you start out the shift at full power. It took a little getting used to.

post-43444-0-44426200-1298157033_thumb.jpg

post-43444-0-87241200-1298157068_thumb.jpg

post-43444-0-16367600-1298157140_thumb.jpg

post-43444-0-29094700-1298157218_thumb.jpg

Umm.. anyone else getting these photo's? I just clicked on the attachment, and the picture is HUGE! Wasn't this big in the test. I'll see if I can shrink the size down.

Nice truck! The pictures are large but that is ok - I got to see more details! I will post pictures of mine when it gets in.

I just returned from a 400 mile road trip in our Ecoboost powered Flex - at 75 mph it gets an honest 21.5 mpg burning non-oxy 91 octane. Burning oxy fuel this time of year kills the mileage big time - I would imagine our trucks will be the same.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Eric

Edited by Heesman13

Half the reason I ordered the max tow package was the mirrors :P the other half of the reason was the integrated brake controller.

Looks like for the Canadian F-150, it's a $360 option. They can be added later though if you really want them you know - looks like $200 for each mirror plus installation

Did a 600k run in the truck today on the nastiest, twistiest hi-way in probably the world. It had 10% grades both up and down and switched back and forth 20 times in seconds. My steering wheel was a damn blur. I averaged 13.3l/100k (17.7 mpg) based on the lie-o-meter! I was rallying that road like no tomorrow! Super hard accelerations essentially non stop. So two observations about the run. One, the fuel economy was excellent for how I was driving. Two, this damn truck felt like a high end sports car. Not once did I ever feel loose, lose brake feel or think I was in over my head. I've done this same trip in my younger years in various vehicles including a Monte Carlo SS, and never had as much fun, or got through it as fast as I did in my 2011. The heavy payload package may be a little stiff, but it excelled on the twisties.

Put some 94 chevron in the tank in the last half hour, played it easy on the 4 lane home and got 11.5l/100k (20.5 mpg) and got 14 (17 mpg) in town. I'll track my fuel by hand now that I've filled er up.

Two more things: it may have been because everything was still hot, but that 94 made the truck behave a little stronger. Not much but certainly noticeable. The exhaust sound was MUCH different. There were times in the rally that the exhaust note sounded like a powerful diesel. The 94 brought that sound in a lot earlier.

Ps. with the 3.73 gears the truck was at 2000 rpm on the nose at 120 kliks (75 mph)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey gang! I've been a little busy and haven't had time to report. Quick update: in town fuel economy is about 16l/100km, Hi-way is about the same. Have been towing a lot so I can't give a hand calc. I did switch over to US gallons and I got around 11mpg towing a 7000# trailer. Couple of things, I live on Vancouver Island, and there is NO flat ground here. If your not going up, your going down, and I'm not talking moderate grades, I'm talking balls to the walls inclines and declines.

Truck has been flawless! Just got my remote start in as part of my accessory package and it comes with an updated four button key, not a fob

Interesting piece of news for those that tow, the literature states a class IV hitch receiver. It is in fact a class V hitch receiver. I'll post back on Sat. with the fuel conversions for the above posted fuel economy. Ps, another bonus for those that tow, the trailer brake controller works like an electronic version of a hydraulic unit. You don't have to wait for gain to build, the computer relates instantaneous gain based on pedal pressure! Massive bonus that took me by surprise.

Hey gang! I've been a little busy and haven't had time to report. Quick update: in town fuel economy is about 16l/100km, Hi-way is about the same. Have been towing a lot so I can't give a hand calc. I did switch over to US gallons and I got around 11mpg towing a 7000# trailer. Couple of things, I live on Vancouver Island, and there is NO flat ground here. If your not going up, your going down, and I'm not talking moderate grades, I'm talking balls to the walls inclines and declines.

Truck has been flawless! Just got my remote start in as part of my accessory package and it comes with an updated four button key, not a fob

Interesting piece of news for those that tow, the literature states a class IV hitch receiver. It is in fact a class V hitch receiver. I'll post back on Sat. with the fuel conversions for the above posted fuel economy. Ps, another bonus for those that tow, the trailer brake controller works like an electronic version of a hydraulic unit. You don't have to wait for gain to build, the computer relates instantaneous gain based on pedal pressure! Massive bonus that took me by surprise.

[/quot]

Sounds good keep us still waiting guys updatedhappy%20feet.gif

That towing gas mileage sounds great! I'm looking at getting an F150 with the ecoboost specifically to tow our camping trailer and this is the exact info I was looking for(:

Hi, fuel economy has been around 14 to 16 mpg in town. Towing is still around 11 mpg in tow haul mode. I expect that to get a bit better after I air up the tires on the trailer. All four seem to be getting quite low. Keep in mind I'm in a very hilly place. Depending on where I am in town, I'll use the tow/haul function unloaded just for the engine breaking bonus. Ps the tone of the exhaust note, especially on downgrades with tow/haul activated is sounding more and more like a diesel. Much more quiet mind you. Couldn't be happier!

Pss, the remote start I had installed does show up in the display, does climate control the interior, and the truck does not shut off when you open the door, or switch the ignition to on.

Still waiting for mine and cyberman said it is scheduled to start production 3-21. It is good to see people are getting their trucks and the fuel numbers are looking good. I drive a dealer demo for a weekend but could not stay out of the accelerator long enough to get a reading on the gas mileage.

Ok. Pictures worked in test thread. Fingers crossed. Heesman13, I just switched over to the english units to check mpg. I'm getting about 17 in town. Haven't been able to check hiway miles yet. I also don't know if that's american or canadian gallons. The little bit of hiway miles I did manage was not promising. However, it's nearly impossible not to speed in this thing. You think your doing around the limit but when you check your speed, your flying! I'll post fuel economy again after a couple of tanks, and when I settle down on the throttle.

Truck is XTR (Gussied up XLT). Supercrew, max tow (which in Canada includes the max payload package), grey cloth interior (two big thumbs up for the quality by the way. Seems very durable) Sync, power pedals and heated mirrors.

Gotta tell you that the max payload package is a little stiff unloaded. Not unpleasant, buy you know your in a truck when you go over a rough bump.

Everything else seems fantastic! I have nothing bad to say about the thing. Tranny is great, truck is quiet, power is actually a little unnerving at first. When your on it a little bit and the tranny upshifts, there is a frightening amount of torque there. Rather than that feeling of building power up through the rpm band, you start out the shift at full power. It took a little getting used to.

Nice truck, I didn't know they had a XTR package.