Ordered F150 XLT Ecoboost

p38fln

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I ordered a F150 XLT SuperCab with 3.73 locking diffierential, 6.5' bed, offroad package, max tow package, and ECOBOOST ENGINE :)

Ordered it about two weeks ago, and I'm going crazy with anticipation - no news yet though :(

Get settled in for the long winter nap. I ordered mine 1/28/11 and it's not in production yet.

Ford customer service said the current wait for Ecoboost trucks is 8-10 weeks, and current incentives are $2,500 off with Ford financing and "Special" finance rates between 2.9% for 36 months and 6.9% for 72 months, or finance it yourself and get $3,500 off.

She also told me that the order is 'in processing' whatever that means with no estimated dates attached to it

Ford customer service said the current wait for Ecoboost trucks is 8-10 weeks, and current incentives are $2,500 off with Ford financing and "Special" finance rates between 2.9% for 36 months and 6.9% for 72 months, or finance it yourself and get $3,500 off.

She also told me that the order is 'in processing' whatever that means with no estimated dates attached to it

That means you have now entered the "black hole' with the rest of us.

Welcome!

Edited -

Called Ford customer service today for an order update, VIN number now assigned! yay! how much longer? Yes, I know that nobody knows.

VIN decoder shows it will be built at Dearborn

Can you respond back with the Ford Customer Service Phone Number that you called. Also what information did you have to give them so that they could look up your order status.

Thanks,

Greg

Sure thing -

I called 1-800-392-FORD

Push option 1 for english, then press option 4 for "New Vehicle Sales, Marketing and Owner Advantage Rewards Program", then option 1 for "Sales Brochures and Other Questions About Buying a New Vehicle".

I have *never* been put on hold - you will be speaking to a live operator.

They ask for this information (usually in this order):

Your full name

Your ZIP code

Your dealer code (You need your Vehicle Order Confirmation sheet for this)

Your order number (Also on the Order Confirmation)

Your Address

Your phone number

Your email address

They won't give you as much information as the dealer could, but they will give you the current status, and can give you the VIN # (Ask for the VIN if you don't have it). The CS rep I talked to told me that dealers get a daily email and have access to a ton more email than they give the CS reps.

Their hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 PM M-F, closed on weekends

Edited by p38fln

Sure thing -

I called 1-800-392-FORD

Push option 1 for english, then press option 4 for "New Vehicle Sales, Marketing and Owner Advantage Rewards Program", then option 1 for "Sales Brochures and Other Questions About Buying a New Vehicle".

Your full name

Your ZIP code

Your Address

Your phone number

Your email address

Thanks,

I will be giving them a call tomorrow, and see what information they can give me. I placed my order for a King Ranch Ecoboost on January 3rd, and as of Feb 14th, the dealer still did not have a VIN# or a build date. I will let you know how I make out.

Greg

They won't give you as much information as the dealer could, but they will give you the current status, and can give you the VIN # (Ask for the VIN if you don't have it). The CS rep I talked to told me that dealers get a daily email and have access to a ton more email than they give the CS reps.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure thing -

I called 1-800-392-FORD

Your full name

Your ZIP code

Your Address

Your phone number

Your email address

Thanks for the information!

I called the Ford customer service number, went through all the questions, and the CSR was able to give me my VIN. Sweet! Build date is 3/14. Plus, he gave me a code for $750 coupon that can be applied towards the truck! Dealer participation may vary, of course.

The guy that I spoke with was extremely pleasant and professional. He provided a very positive customer relations experience, so I took the post-call survey and gave them 5s across the board.

I called the Ford customer service number, went through all the questions, and the CSR was able to give me my VIN. Sweet! Build date is 3/14. Plus, he gave me a code for $750 coupon that can be applied towards the truck! Dealer participation may vary, of course.

The guy that I spoke with was extremely pleasant and professional. He provided a very positive customer relations experience, so I took the post-call survey and gave them 5s across the board.

So, two weeks ago, I called my sales guy for a status update on my order, which was placed on Feb. 16. He didn't have anything to report, and suggested that he would provide me with a status update every Friday (Obviously, to keep me from bugging him).

Well, last Friday came and went without a word from him.

Yesterday, I called the Ford customer service number, and got all that good stuff I wrote about earlier.

Today, I called my sales guy and left a message. When he returned my call, he said there has not been a VIN assigned, yet, and that it would probably be at least a week until a VIN would be assigned. I was given a VIN yesterday, and based on the window sticker, my truck should (hopeful) start production on Monday.

Isn't all the info that I got from the customer service line available to the sales people? If it is, then why would he not be giving me a current update? Is he being lazy?

Yep, he's being lazy. In fact, he has more information at his disposal than Ford's CS.

He may not have a clue who to ask though - I found that at my dealer, only one person actually knows how to submit an order to Ford, and he was also the only one who could track it - your dealer is probably the same way. Find out who it is and ask him :)

So, two weeks ago, I called my sales guy for a status update on my order, which was placed on Feb. 16. He didn't have anything to report, and suggested that he would provide me with a status update every Friday (Obviously, to keep me from bugging him).

Well, last Friday came and went without a word from him.

Yesterday, I called the Ford customer service number, and got all that good stuff I wrote about earlier.

Today, I called my sales guy and left a message. When he returned my call, he said there has not been a VIN assigned, yet, and that it would probably be at least a week until a VIN would be assigned. I was given a VIN yesterday, and based on the window sticker, my truck should (hopeful) start production on Monday.

Isn't all the info that I got from the customer service line available to the sales people? If it is, then why would he not be giving me a current update? Is he being lazy?

First time I have ever ordered a truck and have been following all these post and wondering what I;m in for....on 2/28 walked in with 5000.00 deposit and got a great deal about 4500 under MSRP not including incentives ordered a 2 wheel drive Lariat with Eco boost and all the options except chrome and was told like most here 6 to 8 weeks and should get the VIN within a month......Funny thing I got a call from the dealer on 3/8 looking for a copy of my order.....asked them if they had ordered the truck and why did they need a copy said yes they had just wanted to check to make sure we had the same order........ humm doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling......think after reading some of these post will have to pay them a visit and ask for a copy of the order.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yep, he's being lazy. In fact, he has more information at his disposal than Ford's CS.

He may not have a clue who to ask though - I found that at my dealer, only one person actually knows how to submit an order to Ford, and he was also the only one who could track it - your dealer is probably the same way. Find out who it is and ask him :)

Good point. In fact, when I was ready to place an order, my sales guy said that they only had one guy who ordered, and he had gone home for the day.

Good point. In fact, when I was ready to place an order, my sales guy said that they only had one guy who ordered, and he had gone home for the day.

Went to the dealer today and got the order but no date on it but will call Ford on monday.