Ordered F150 XLT Ecoboost

p38fln

Went to the dealer today and got the order but no date on it but will call Ford on monday.

Make sure that you call the Ford customer service line and ask for the F-150 brochure (it's different than the brochures in the dealership). That's where the $750 "Private Cash" coupon is. It took about ten days to get to me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called the customer service line today to see where in the process my truck is. I figured if it hasn't been started then I might be able to change a major part of the order. I was told by customer service that my order number does not come up with an F-150. It does come up with three other vehicles, but no trucks. I was told that the dealership might have used the order number simply as a general number. This tells me that one of three things has happened. The dealer only gave me part of the number (or an incorrect number), the order was missed (I don't see how that could happen), or the order was placed using the original number and the number switched when it was actually moved to being able to be built.

Make sure that you call the Ford customer service line and ask for the F-150 brochure (it's different than the brochures in the dealership). That's where the $750 "Private Cash" coupon is. It took about ten days to get to me.

Called Ford today and got right through and they had my VIN.....I have the 750 coupon and good until 5/3 hope its here before it expires....if not have the EB test drive and don't think you can use both anyways...Thanks

After reading all these horror stories about how long everyone is waiting was very surprised to find my window sticker up this morning with a build date of 3/20 1FTFX1CT1BFB27812....maybe the dealer will be right with the 6 to 8 weeks. :yahoo:

Called Ford today and got right through and they had my VIN.....I have the 750 coupon and good until 5/3 hope its here before it expires....if not have the EB test drive and don't think you can use both anyways...Thanks

Is that one in the brochure from Ford?

Is that one in the brochure from Ford?

Yes....Got it from the Ford site...requested it be mailed and took about a week it is good for 60 days.....it also had a pre approved 40,000 credit offer wish I would have waited to get it as Ford said it can't be extended maybe try to order a new one in a week or so and see what happens would hate to lose it.

I actually got a $750 private cash coupon in my E-mail yesterday - Good for any Ford vehicle except the high-end stuff like the Raptor.

It's got my name and address on it when I click the link.

I'm not really sure how I got the coupon - it's not the email I gave Ford when I ordered the F-150.

I actually got a $750 private cash coupon in my E-mail yesterday - Good for any Ford vehicle except the high-end stuff like the Raptor.

It's got my name and address on it when I click the link.

I'm not really sure how I got the coupon - it's not the email I gave Ford when I ordered the F-150.

Hummm sometimes it seems like they know to much about you....but just in time as your truck should be here soon unless they lose it shipping it to the dealer.lol

Well, the Ecoboost is sitting down at the local Ford dealer right now - and I'm going to pick it up as soon as they finish their PDI. Hopefully I'll have it sitting out front by Wednesday evening :)

Sorry for bad picture quality, it was starting to snow when I took them

2011-03-22_17-53-20_449.jpg

2011-03-22_17-51-58_792.jpg

Well, I ordered a F150 XLT SuperCab with 3.73 locking diffierential, 6.5' bed, offroad package, max tow package, and ECOBOOST ENGINE

From the photos, I see that you did not get the chrome package so you have 17" wheels. What tires did your truck ship with? Looks like they might be Michelin LTX A/T2. Are they P or LT tires?

p38fln,

I just realized by looking at your picture you ordered your truck from the same dealer I did - I live across the bridge in MN. My truck was built on 09 march but it is still sitting on ramp 59. FWIW my serial number is BFB10648 and yours is BFB10649 - small world!

My ETA is 04 April now.

Eric

So, two weeks ago, I called my sales guy for a status update on my order, which was placed on Feb. 16. He didn't have anything to report, and suggested that he would provide me with a status update every Friday (Obviously, to keep me from bugging him).

Well, last Friday came and went without a word from him.

Yesterday, I called the Ford customer service number, and got all that good stuff I wrote about earlier.

Today, I called my sales guy and left a message. When he returned my call, he said there has not been a VIN assigned, yet, and that it would probably be at least a week until a VIN would be assigned. I was given a VIN yesterday, and based on the window sticker, my truck should (hopeful) start production on Monday.

Isn't all the info that I got from the customer service line available to the sales people? If it is, then why would he not be giving me a current update? Is he being lazy?

When I called Ford CS and asked for an update, after getting all my information she put me on hold. When she came back on she told me she had called my dealership and talked to them. She also requested that they call me with updates as soon as they get them. It was definitely a surreal experience.

Wow heesman, that is a small world. Did you order the same XLT with off-road package? I'm having Pomp's tire swap the A/T michelins out for some all-season Firestones - he thinks I might see a 1-2 MPG improvement by having the much less aggressive tread. Around town fuel economy has been awesome, 15-16 MPG for city stuff and around 20 for anything on the backroads, but get out on the interstate and it goes back down to 16-17.

I also ordered the BedRug bedliner from Amazon.com

Hi,

How are you liking your truck? Still no word on mine - I am hoping this next week. I didn't order an XLT....I can't wait until my rig arrives.

I too am going with a bed mat and I have the Bakflip bed cover sitting in my garage waiting and waiting and waiting. :)

Eric

Congrate on the new truck :) But yeah... join the rest of us for that longgggg wait for our truck.

Ordered Ecoboost Dec. 30 with max tow package and 8 ft bed XL [We don't need fancy here. All we need is something other than a 250/350 to pull a 9000 lb. travel trailer] . That's 88 days.

3 weeks ago I finally got a VIN number. Last week after the sales rep. said 'I think it will be built week of March 28". and that was all he could get i phoned Ford service .

The first Ford service rep. said she 'thought that the F150 would be made this week, March 28- April 1 ' [takes a week]. The very next day a different Ford service rep. said for sure that the vehicle was built March 21- March 25 and that the ETA was April 11 in Toronto. { It seems April 11 is a popular date!]

When I asked him what wiggle room they had he said I have another piece of software and after checking said it was indeed made and that it would be in Toronto, April 4-April 18.

If that is true 'Halleluliah!" but I will phone again tomorrow and check to see what the 3rd Ford Service rep. says.

Sorry for all the detail and yes summer will arrive. But we are [pulling to Texas, California , Colorado etc... and need this Ecoboost.

Caught in the dilemma of supply and demand.

J.G.

Toronto, Ontario

I ordered my F150 Lariat EB on Tues (3/29) and he just sent me a note saying it has a build date of 4/18. Seems pretty fast! He ordered it as dealer stock rather than a sold order, I wonder if that affects how quickly the order gets pushed? FYI, it's Sterling Gray so, no color issue.

Ordered Ecoboost Dec. 30 with max tow package and 8 ft bed XL [We don't need fancy here. All we need is something other than a 250/350 to pull a 9000 lb. travel trailer] . That's 88 days.

J.G.

Toronto, Ontario

Yikes, that's a long wait! We ordered an XLT screw with 6.5' bed in February. Supposedly got built last week, but I haven't heard boo from the dealer. Just realized that Ford 800# is no good on weekends. Checking with the dealer again....

Looking forward to towing a 7500lb (+gear) travel trailer and in the same boat. Not willing to jump to a 250 to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I returned the Bedrug to Amazon - it showed up ripped, torn, and badly wrinkled and covered with dirt and grass and missing all of the velcro and any instructions. Obviously, used.

The Sportliner available from the Ford Parts department is the same thing, made by the same company but with a Ford logo in the front. I ordered one of those and had it installed by Tousley ford in St Paul, MN - absolutely love it. Also had the BC3Z "RPO" Plug 'n Play remote start installed at the same time. Same as factory with the new IKT keys and everything, I'm very happy now :)

As for how I like it - it's got insane power, as I'm sure everyone else knows, but it does like to drink the gasoline down. I wish Ford would put the larger tank in the things... I had to fill up so many times one day on a longer trip that the bank turned my credit card off thinking someone had stolen it due to the excessive number of $1 transactions.

Maybe I can talk the service guys at Benna into swapping in a 36 gallon tank from a wrecked F-150, if I can find one :)

has your truck arrived yet?

Edited by p38fln

It is nice to hear you like your truck - I am still waiting so I must live vicariously through others!

Benna (wonderful dealer) called a higher up at Ford last Thursday and supposedly he got the ball rolling. I will get an update today and see what's up.

My parents also ordered and received a EB SCREW. They have been getting around 20mpg at 65 mph and towing their 7,000 RV trailer they get around 10 mpg. In comparison to their 5.4 SCREW, they couldn't be happier with the mileage. I guess everything is relative.

Eric

So not only is your VIN # one number off from mine, you've got the same name - Eric haha

Anyway, I'm actually very happy with the mileage - the Ranger I traded in couldn't touch this. I'm just griping about the 26 gallon fuel tank - which I suppose I will live with :)

Post your whole VIN so we can all drool over your window sticker lol

Edited by p38fln

So not only is your VIN # one number off from mine, you've got the same name - Eric haha

Anyway, I'm actually very happy with the mileage - the Ranger I traded in couldn't touch this. I'm just griping about the 26 gallon fuel tank - which I suppose I will live with :)

Post your whole VIN so we can all drool over your window sticker lol

Now that is getting strange! No news yet on mine...

Window sticker:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FTFW1ET6BFB10648