Crackin some heads at Saline

DTP Nick

You are more full of it than everyone else thinks you are. I happen to have WORKED that area...repairing skins...making skins...and foaming skins. Spraypaint is NOT used. the paint used is the same paint we used to make the skin origianlly, from the same batch. The spary machines that make the skins for the tauras, (and now focus) crate tons of scrap...far too much to be profitable. Some of the sprayers simply didn't care as everything was being redone anyway. When I was there, we had 8 or more sprayers doing nothing but touching us skins before they went to foam. Thats far too much re-work With each person doing about 10 parts per hour (boy were some of them milking things) you are not fixing the skins, as fast as the carosel can foam them, causing down time in foam. Foam leaks, become scrap, and while I was there, each part had to be inspected 3-6 times between foam and assembly in order to insure the parts shipped wouldn't come back. TYhat is way too much handling of a part to be cost effective, or meet the production demands of the assembly plant.

(backing up your statement) :rockon:

• Like 3

Have any of you ever seen how they touch up the skins at Saline on the lines when they put the doors together??

I have....

They use a can of spray paint from home depot and these idiots just over spray the door. Don't believe me, just ask the idiots on the Taurus line how they do it. lol it's funny to watch.

2nd, it's not only the paint spray machine that screws up the skins, the molding department has a lot of scrap when they change over colors. Did you know that when they change over colors going from Black to tan, or grey, they have to run about 15 parts (that they scrap) in order to make sure the colors are not bleeding into the part from the last change over? lol that's also funny to watch!.

No these people really don't work a full day, this is why it's a country club!. There is more waiting around then actual work.

As for the company as a whole not making the vehicles, the less they can make a day the more the actual demand is for them. Ford is reporting that they already made 2 billion in profit for the months of DEC-FEB already, and this means for the first quarter they will report about a 4 billion in sales profit. The company just writes off the losses and they also write off the overtime as well. So really the company is not hurting here, if anything they are keeping the demand high on it's most sought after vehicle line, which is a good thing.

GM is also reporting profits again as of today, ask yourself why Ford stock is 1/3 lower then GM stock, and GM took bailout money that they haven't fully paid back yet? You would think Ford would have more market share but it doesn't and it never will for some reason or another. I think someone on Wall Street is manipulating Ford stock. Maybe Ford could be doing it. The question is why would they want to keep it low? so they don't have to pay dividends on their earning maybe? hmmm..

I wish someone could explain why Ford continues to have such a low market share compared to the failing companies.

i have seen the spray paint deal...but it is when there are small scratches on a solid plastic door panel. like the F150 door panel. molding is not really the issue either. yes they kick out some scrap that can be reground, but that area is not running lines out of parts. the problems that the focus line is having are in the foam area. it is equipment problems not hourly workers screwing off.

Edited by ypsiford4605

When you go out of town on Vacation and people ask you where you are from do you say Napoleon? Or Onsted home of the lawnmower races? Or Cement city? People would look at you with a blank face like what the hell.....You most likely say im from Detroit which doesnt mean you LIVE in Detroit..Get it?

Never, I can honestly said I have never claimed to be from Detroit, People from my neck of the woods love their community! Odd that you left Brooklyn out of the list, is that because a 100 and some thousand people come there twice a year from all over the country.

Nick I think you are confusing us "hicks" with people from Dearborn who like to pretend to be from the "D".

Get a life, and please stop trying to insult your Brothers and Sisters, nearly every post you put up is negative or inflammatory.

• Like 2

Never, I can honestly said I have never claimed to be from Detroit, People from my neck of the woods love their community! Odd that you left Brooklyn out of the list, is that because a 100 and some thousand people come there twice a year from all over the country.

Nick I think you are confusing us "hicks" with people from Dearborn who like to pretend to be from the "D".

Get a life, and please stop trying to insult your Brothers and Sisters, nearly every post you put up is negative or inflammatory.

Nice profile name. Says a lot about your intellect. Read the original post I only explained that when people refer to Detroit they dont necessarilly mean the city of Detroit proper they mean the DETROIT AREA...do you have a complex about the area you live in or something? geez sorry...... See you at the lawnmower races in Onsted...yeeeeeeeeeehaaaawwww...(Now cmon who wouldnt admit that a town holding lawnmower races with a bunch of grown men racing around on riding lawnmowers isnt funny??)

Edited by DTP Nick
  • Like 2

Nice profile name. Says a lot about your intellect. Read the original post I only explained that when people refer to Detroit they dont necessarilly mean the city of Detroit proper they mean the DETROIT AREA...do you have a complex about the area you live in or something? geez sorry...... See you at the lawnmower races in Onsted...yeeeeeeeeeehaaaawwww...(Now cmon who wouldnt admit that a town holding lawnmower races with a bunch of grown men racing around on riding lawnmowers isnt funny??)

Once again as posted, you are knocking your brothers & sisters of Ford. Did you work in Saline with all of us hicks? Us country folk can make even lawn mowing fun. Obviously you have not seen these lawn mowers. Some of them are as fast as a quad. don't knock it till you see it. :hysterical:

Once again as posted, you are knocking your brothers & sisters of Ford. Did you work in Saline with all of us hicks? Us country folk can make even lawn mowing fun. Obviously you have not seen these lawn mowers. Some of them are as fast as a quad. don't knock it till you see it. :hysterical:

Yes I worked with in your words "You country people" at Saline for almost Ten years....And I dont think it sounds fun in any way to watch grown men race around on souped up lawn mowers...just my opinion....You say Im making fun of country folks but In listened to you "country folks" make fun of people from Detroit for years....bunch of RACISTS you are

• Like 1

Yes I worked with in your words "You country people" at Saline for almost Ten years....And I dont think it sounds fun in any way to watch grown men race around on souped up lawn mowers...just my opinion....You say Im making fun of country folks but In listened to you "country folks" make fun of people from Detroit for years....bunch of RACISTS you are

racism is all over the place always has been always will be. not only in the country but in the big D also.

• Like 1

you have a PM

Ok all of you Idiots that think that Saline is doing this on purpose must be smoking crack. We want this launch to run as smooth as possible. The process for making the focus IP skin is completely different than the taurus/edge/explorer. The process for the focus ips was given to us by ford europe, we were told how we were going to make the skin, foam, hell everything. trust me we have some of the best foam engineers working on this but their hands are tied becuase this is how for europe does it....mind you with a different skin cast process(hot oil vs hot air) and our part per hour and expected to be about triple what they can do in europe. 2 skins every 5 min in europe 2 skins every min here...little bit of a difference. So before you go running your mouth about something you have no clue about.....Listen to someone who is closely connected to the Taurus and the Focus and knows what they are talking about. Some of you saline people can probably fighure out who i am by me saying that.

Ok all of you Idiots that think that Saline is doing this on purpose must be smoking crack. We want this launch to run as smooth as possible. The process for making the focus IP skin is completely different than the taurus/edge/explorer. The process for the focus ips was given to us by ford europe, we were told how we were going to make the skin, foam, hell everything. trust me we have some of the best foam engineers working on this but their hands are tied becuase this is how for europe does it....mind you with a different skin cast process(hot oil vs hot air) and our part per hour and expected to be about triple what they can do in europe. 2 skins every 5 min in europe 2 skins every min here...little bit of a difference. So before you go running your mouth about something you have no clue about.....Listen to someone who is closely connected to the Taurus and the Focus and knows what they are talking about. Some of you saline people can probably fighure out who i am by me saying that.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!! Great post. Nobody on here can contest your knowledge about this. :shades: