Summer Shutdowns

superdave42

Does anyone know what weeks Oakville will have for the summer shutdown?

Sorry to disappoint, but that should read "week", as in singular. As of now, OAC will be down for a one week shutdown starting on July 3. What started out as 3 weeks many moons ago was down to 2 and now its 1. Anybody see a pattern here. If the company gets their way, you can all sell your holidays and say bye-bye to utility classifications

At KTP, we was told at the union meeting yesterday that we may be down for 1 week only. The other week we would be able to take on our own later on.

We were told the same thing at DTP. As of right now, the company wants the second week (week of August 8th) as a work week. Of course, gas prices could change all of that, but we will know by April 1st how they have made up their minds.

We were told the same thing at DTP. As of right now, the company wants the second week (week of August 8th) as a work week. Of course, gas prices could change all of that, but we will know by April 1st how they have made up their minds.

Contractually they have to tell us by April 1st which is done with a letter to your Chairman year after year every April 1st.

Any dates before the April 1st letter to your Chairman must be treated as a rumor.

Everyone (UAW) will know in 22 days.

Contractually they have to tell us by April 1st which is done with a letter to your Chairman year after year every April 1st.

Any dates before the April 1st letter to your Chairman must be treated as a rumor.

Everyone (UAW) will know in 22 days.

Contract states by April 1st :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just relaying the message from our BC.

[/quote

In my dept at sterling axle we were told its going my depts and who u supply. we supply ktp and were going to get a 2 week shutdown. because ktc was going on a 2 weeks well april 1st is really the offical date the we tell us. but as now thats what mangament is saying,

I was told yesterday by our Plant Chair at DTP that it is a 99 percent we will be working the second shutdown week. Im guessing September being contract time has a part in this. would we get the canceled shutdown week as vacation days is a good question or will they just pay us for the week and not give us the time off??

Edited by DTP Nick
  • Like 1

I was told yesterday by our Plant Chair at DTP that it is a 99 percent we will be working the second shutdown week. Im guessing September being contract time has a part in this. would we get the canceled shutdown week as vacation days is a good question or will they just pay us for the week and not give us the time off??

Due to whats going on in Japan I was told yesterday KCAP may not have a summer shutdown

• Like 2

They can't take our vacation, we can convert it into personal time. I still want my vacation, if I work, I will schedule at a later date.

Your vacation time that was to be used for a shutdown does not convert to personal time. You have to save 80 hours for shutdown, but if you work one or both of the shutdown weeks, you just reschedule your hours to use when you want. I've done it every year for the past 14 years, except for last year.

Your vacation time that was to be used for a shutdown does not convert to personal time. You have to save 80 hours for shutdown, but if you work one or both of the shutdown weeks, you just reschedule your hours to use when you want. I've done it every year for the past 14 years, except for last year.

The union passed out forms doing the holidays to covert our time when they asked us to work. I thought shutdown works the same way, ok, that's good to know, Thanks.

The union passed out forms doing the holidays to covert our time when they asked us to work. I thought shutdown works the same way, ok, that's good to know, Thanks.

Once they announce the schedule on April first, its set in stone for the most part. They can change it later, however, if they tell you that they are working that second week, and come August they change thier minds...you will recieve lay-off instead of vacation if you desire. If they say only one week...the second is then yuors to schedule as desired.

Once they announce the schedule on April first, its set in stone for the most part. They can change it later, however, if they tell you that they are working that second week, and come August they change thier minds...you will recieve lay-off instead of vacation if you desire. If they say only one week...the second is then yuors to schedule as desired.

:hysterical: you need to read alittle more if your plant goes to critical status or if sales warrant the need to run all bets are off

page 132 and 133 volume 1 international agreement section 25 paragraph d when reading this forget about all of the above paragraph d is what counts unless you want to go into acts of god

From the rumer mill only 2 plants will be affected by no shut down this summer DTP and KCAP on both sides SUV and Trucks

Fact KCAP Truck side is scheduled every other Saturday until November thats subject to change :banghead:

• Like 1