CONTRACT QUESTION!

dark270

okay, serious question, does anyone know(i dont have a contract book handy) what the contract says about 'scheduled hours' like if i am scheduled 8 hours on monday and work it , also on tues. -can they(boss) come on wed. and say they are forcing 9 hours starting on thurs. ? i thought this was against the contract....??? but maybe i am mistaken?

okay, serious question, does anyone know(i dont have a contract book handy) what the contract says about 'scheduled hours' like if i am scheduled 8 hours on monday and work it , also on tues. -can they(boss) come on wed. and say they are forcing 9 hours starting on thurs. ? i thought this was against the contract....??? but maybe i am mistaken?

They can I believe. 9hrs mandatory but not 10hrs. They can keep you on a day if somethings happens 9hrs, without prior notification. They can schedule 9 hrs, but are supposed to let You Know 1 to 2 hrs before u leave the plant.

They can I believe. 9hrs mandatory but not 10hrs. They can keep you on a day if somethings happens 9hrs, without prior notification. They can schedule 9 hrs, but are supposed to let You Know 1 to 2 hrs before u leave the plant.

It depends also if you work in an assembly or parts. Mandatory hours for parts is 9 but assembly is 10 and the way the making you stay thing works on any given day is if the line is down somewhere around 4 hours straight. I got 12 years between parts and assebly plants and it has only happened once at the parts plant. Your last break actually dictates how long you are required to work. Most of the time they will post a madatory hour and shorten it the closest to 8 hours if possible providing no problems arise.

Most of that stuff about changing the hours during the week is done through the local but tipically 24 hours notice is what they go by at DTP, Wixom, Sterling heights and old DAP.

It depends also if you work in an assembly or parts. Mandatory hours for parts is 9 but assembly is 10 and the way the making you stay thing works on any given day is if the line is down somewhere around 4 hours straight. I got 12 years between parts and assebly plants and it has only happened once at the parts plant. Your last break actually dictates how long you are required to work. Most of the time they will post a madatory hour and shorten it the closest to 8 hours if possible providing no problems arise.

Most of that stuff about changing the hours during the week is done through the local but tipically 24 hours notice is what they go by at DTP, Wixom, Sterling heights and old DAP.

DTPM is correct but 1 other thing the company must post within 72 hours the scheduled work time and if it says 8 hours they cannot mandate you work anything over what is scheduled. In most cases they will leave you on a 10 hour schedule and adjust from there but if they schedule it they eat it point blank. at least at FORD hope this was of some help

DTPM is correct but 1 other thing the company must post within 72 hours the scheduled work time and if it says 8 hours they cannot mandate you work anything over what is scheduled. In most cases they will leave you on a 10 hour schedule and adjust from there but if they schedule it they eat it point blank. at least at FORD hope this was of some help

yes, thank you all for a good answer..... i am in a parts plant..has been posted 8 hours(which is GREAT!) and then he tells me 10 min(stupid boss) before end of shift that starting tommorrow(thurs) that we are forced 9-10 hours...YUCK..... i just wasn't sure...and my union was not available today...to ask!!!..LOL

yes, thank you all for a good answer..... i am in a parts plant..has been posted 8 hours(which is GREAT!) and then he tells me 10 min(stupid boss) before end of shift that starting tommorrow(thurs) that we are forced 9-10 hours...YUCK..... i just wasn't sure...and my union was not available today...to ask!!!..LOL

That's how they did it at sterling and wixom so I hope that helps. Just remember they can't work you over 9 unless there is a major break down. When it happend at sterling they had us stay 12 because production was down over the 4 hour mark. It was mandatory at that time just so you know. That was a long day for us....

That's how they did it at sterling and wixom so I hope that helps. Just remember they can't work you over 9 unless there is a major break down. When it happend at sterling they had us stay 12 because production was down over the 4 hour mark. It was mandatory at that time just so you know. That was a long day for us....

10hrs max. Anything more is optional.

in a parts plant they can only schedule you for 9 hours. that is it ..............it has to be posted...not word of mouth. in other words if you work 8 hours on monday---then you are absent on tuesday. they put up a posting on tuesday for 9 hours on wednesday. you can walk right out the door after 8 hours on wednesday. simply because you were not there when the posting went up on tuesday. it is after the fact. the parts depots are wearing this scheduled 9 hours out at alot of facilities not to mention trying to get a day off for family or what not and them saying it is an operational emergency. when this occurs check to see if any one left at 8 hours or less. this blows operational emergency out of the water....................hope this helps but always check your local too, even though the local will not supersede the national....