x-plan on explorer

My wife and I ordered a 2011 explorer on January 31st. When we placed our order we negotiated the best deal for purchase with our local dealership. Since that time it was brought to my attention by a member of our hospital that our organization has x-plan pricing deals set up with Ford (first time buying a Ford, I just didn't even think to ask our administration). I called our dealership to ask them what would the difference be for the purchase price and they said x-plan pricing was not available for the 2011 Explorer. I called Ford Motor Company and the representative told me they were honoring x-plan pricing but dealerships could decide to or not. I was curious if anyone else had a dealership turn down x-plan for an Explorer order?

Thanks,

Daniel

It's true, dealers can opt out of the X, A or Z Plan. Time to look for another dealer!!!

Agree, I ask my dealer on 8/10/10 if they would except X-Plan on the 2011 Explorer before it got so popular for this reason. Ended up I got an additional $500 for early order, $1,500 for still owning a '02 Explorer and $1,000 off cash back for buying in Feb. '11. Sold my '02 Explorer for $2,000 more than the $3,500 the dealer offered for trade-in so I got a killer deal for a FWD Limited 301A with White Plat and trailer tow. This early-bird got the worm with X-Plan this time!

I'd call a few other dealers.. unless you really negotiated well, xplan is the better deal. With xplan, paperwork fees are only $100 (my dealer charges $399 off xplan), Ford also pays a $400-$550 spiff to the dealer for selling on xplan. So factor their 3% holdback they get paid by Ford plus the spiff, dealers are making roughly $2,000 profit on an xplan sale.

My dealer wouldn't sell one from the lot on xplan, but was more then willing to order one in on xplan for me. I preferred to order anyways (gave time to sell our car) so it worked for us. Being you ordered, I'd go to a different dealer

Same thing happened here. Found just the one I wanted, sitting on a dealer's lot but, "Hey, you know these things are hot! Our price is full sticker and NO X-PLAN...but we won't add any dealer markup." That was their attitude, even when I said I'd order and wait. It took me exactly seven minutes to drive down the road and find the next dealer more than happy to help me.

Don't forget to check for other incentives and rebates you may be entitled to, in addition to X-Plan: $1,000 cash, $1,500 Explorer/Mountaineer loyalty bonus, $750 X-plan bonus OR test drive/brochure bonus (one or other, those are not "stackable" as others are). Hey, when an Ex sticker price can top $50k these days, every bit helps!

Same thing happened here. Found just the one I wanted, sitting on a dealer's lot but, "Hey, you know these things are hot! Our price is full sticker and NO X-PLAN...but we won't add any dealer markup." That was their attitude, even when I said I'd order and wait. It took me exactly seven minutes to drive down the road and find the next dealer more than happy to help me.

Don't forget to check for other incentives and rebates you may be entitled to, in addition to X-Plan: $1,000 cash, $1,500 Explorer/Mountaineer loyalty bonus, $750 X-plan bonus OR test drive/brochure bonus (one or other, those are not "stackable" as others are). Hey, when an Ex sticker price can top $50k these days, every bit helps!

Good points but if I had to do it over again, I ask if they take X-Plan first and then ask for a priority 10 order to get their reaction. You may want to walk if they say no and you should tell them to call you if they change their mind. At least get a priority and find out if they have allocations for an order before leaving for the next dealer.

I wanted to give everyone an update. After reading the responses here I called Ford Motor Corp. and they told me x-plan pricing is available, but ultimately the dealership could turn it down. The customer relations person told me on the phone it would make no sense for the dealer to turn it down since it would not affect their bottom line.

i called the dealership and told them exactly what Ford Corp. told me; they then told me they would except it and just bring my PIN in with me once it arrives. I just find it odd they would turn it down initially; I did tell them I would not buy my next Ford vehicle (third all together) from them if they did not offer the x-plan price.

Thanks for all of your responses.

Daniel

Im curious if it has to do with allocation. My dealer came within $375 dollars of the X-Plan Price. However he stated that with ordering under X-Plan the dealership would be able to get a straight order faster than an X-Plan order. he was true to his word and actually got the car in less time then he originally said (7.5 weeks as opposed to 8 to 10)

Im curious if it has to do with allocation. My dealer came within $375 dollars of the X-Plan Price. However he stated that with ordering under X-Plan the dealership would be able to get a straight order faster than an X-Plan order. he was true to his word and actually got the car in less time then he originally said (7.5 weeks as opposed to 8 to 10)

Sound like they are holding back on you. (my 2 cents) from what I have read on the posts and heard from my dealer it all comes done to how the dealer places the order. If they are willing to use some of their allocation for you car or not. My dealer gave me XPlan and included it as part of there allocation.

Sound like they are holding back on you. (my 2 cents) from what I have read on the posts and heard from my dealer it all comes done to how the dealer places the order. If they are willing to use some of their allocation for you car or not. My dealer gave me XPlan and included it as part of there allocation.

Could be. Regardless, its the 9th car we've bought from the dealership is nearly 30 years. Im not going to haggle over the small amount, given the dealership has more than once gone out of their way for us. Plus just over seven weeks on the X is okay in my book after reading what has gone on across the country and written about on Facebook and other forums.

Edited by empesario

Could be. Regardless, its the 9th car we've bought from the dealership is nearly 30 years. Im not going to haggle over the small amount, given the dealership has more than once gone out of their way for us. Plus just over seven weeks on the X is okay in my book after reading what has gone on across the country and written about on Facebook and other forums.

You bring up a good point good customer service is hard to come by and easily worth the extra bucks in the long run.