"Scheduling" Trucks

RKSteel

Ordered my truck 3/12, dealer emailed me today that "they are scheduling some trucks tomorrow, will let me know if mine is one of them."

Does anyone know if this is scheduled for production, or a bunch of dealer orders are submitted and some are accepted ( the dealer allocation?).

Thanks.

Ordered my truck 3/12, dealer emailed me today that "they are scheduling some trucks tomorrow, will let me know if mine is one of them."

Does anyone know if this is scheduled for production, or a bunch of dealer orders are submitted and some are accepted ( the dealer allocation?).

Thanks.

get 6 more posts and ask in the

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

form and you will get the most up to date info.

It is not that hard to get 10 posts.

Thanks. Unfortunately just got an email saying there are "commodity issue" no trucks built this week.

Really? How did you hear that? I just got my VIN yesterday and when I called Ford they told me my truck was in production!

Maybe just rumors, but can anyone shed any light on any current material holds in place at this time for Ford trucks? I ordered a Raptor SuperCrew on 01 MAR 2011 and just read a post on another site where someone got an email from their dealer stating that all vehicles requiring Tuxedo Black exterior were on material hold due to a shortage caused by the earthquake/tsunami in Japan. I had been hoping to get a VIN by the end of March, but wondering if any current supply shortages might potentially affect that.

Update: To clarify, I can't confirm this personally as my order is still showing "Order Processing" status.

Edited by Vash

Really? How did you hear that? I just got my VIN yesterday and when I called Ford they told me my truck was in production!

My dealer spoke to his Ford rep and the rep said my dealer won't have trucks built this week. May call Ford anyway.

well :censored: I received received my vin# monday window sticker this morning build date of 3.30.2011 log in to find this little bit of info.

of course i ordered tuxedo black :waiting:

You'll have to let us know whether your build goes on time. I'm undecided as to whether the whole paint-based material hold is legit or just dealer BS. I just hope I still get a VIN by the end of the month.

Edited by Vash

You'll have to let us know whether your build goes on time. I'm undecided as to whether the hold paint-based material hold is legit or just dealer BS. I just hope I still get a VIN by the end of the month.

I ordered tuxedo black as well and mine is supposedly in production...be interested to see if this is true or not.

An update was posted on FordRaptorForum.com:

Yep it's true..............

Urgent Scheduling News for Wednesday (3/23), Thursday (3/24) & Friday (3/25)

Due to a paint supplier availability issue out of Japan, orders with Tuxedo Black Paint for the following vehicle lines will NOT be selected for scheduling until further notice:

Expedition

Navigator

Super Duty

This freaking sucks. As if there weren't enough delays. Hopefully there's some sort of contingency plan to get production back on track quickly.

F-150 (Restricting Dearborn Truck ONLY)

Edited by Vash

An update was posted on FordRaptorForum.com:

Originally Posted by BIRDMAN

Yep it's true..............

Urgent Scheduling News for Wednesday (3/23), Thursday (3/24) & Friday (3/25)

Due to a paint supplier availability issue out of Japan, orders with Tuxedo Black Paint for the following vehicle lines will NOT be selected for scheduling until further notice:

Expedition

Navigator

Super Duty

This freaking sucks. As if there weren't enough delays. Hopefully there's some sort of comtingency plan to get production back on track quickly.

F-150 (Restricting Dearborn Truck ONLY)

You think the paint supplier would be an American company. I never considered paint would hold up the process, maybe computer parts from Japan. Unbelievable.