Tire option

Jas51102

• 4 weeks later...

I agree...I would have like to have chosen a different tire for my truck. I will still use the factory tires until needed to change them but still would be nice to pick from a selection of off-road, or highway tire or AT to suit your needs

me too

even a tire DELETE option - just have TireRack send them direct to the dealer

(yeah, asking too much)

and if dealers had a competitively-priced, in-house wheel boutique . . .

imho should be at least able to have any of a model's available wheels without gouging

me too

even a tire DELETE option - just have TireRack send them direct to the dealer

(yeah, asking too much)

and if dealers had a competitively-priced, in-house wheel boutique . . .

imho should be at least able to have any of a model's available wheels without gouging

Interesting, that's not a bad idea.

This would be especially ideal when buying a bronco type vehicle if Ford ever decided to get into that market again, but this could also be great for sports cars like the mustang.

I don't know how practical it would be though, because all the vehicles will need tires in order to make it to the dealer lot, and I doubt Ford will wan to buy tires that they will end up getting stuck with, but who knows, maybe they could make it work.

Edited by probowler

• 2 weeks later...

At least give me known good tires on my new vehicles. I have been seeing brands of tires even on lincolns on the ford lot that make me wonder.

Generals and Hancook tires in my opinion are bottom of the barrel and if i was to purchase a set of new tires, would not even make it close to making my list.

Beancounters are earning there paychecks, thats for sure.