Leather Seat

Tom D

Hi All, My wife has a 2005 Mustang convertable V6 with leather upholstry we have tried to keep the leather clean and treated so it would stay nice for a long time. But the backs of the drived seat and pax seat are cracking and it looks like thin leather glued on fabric. Is there anything I can do or do I need to bite the bullet and have them recovered. I could buy seat covers but who wants to buy leather seats then cover them.

When he says backs I would think he means the back rest where you actually lean back on the seat. This would be leather. Basically all forward facing surfaces on the front seats.

What did you use to clean and treat them?

I've seen sprays and stuff that are designed to repair but in the end its not likely to be a good result. Katzkin makes some amazing leather that's quite a bit nicer than the factory.

When he says backs I would think he means the back rest where you actually lean back on the seat. This would be leather. Basically all forward facing surfaces on the front seats.

What did you use to clean and treat them?

I've seen sprays and stuff that are designed to repair but in the end its not likely to be a good result. Katzkin makes some amazing leather that's quite a bit nicer than the factory.

I used Mothers Leather cleaner and treatment

Automotive leather in domestics is coated with a clear coat type material. No fancy soaps or conditioners are needed. Steam is the best option. An all purpose cleaner that is ph balanced and diluted well will work. Dampen a sponge with the cleaner and dry it after with a micro fiber.