Ecoboost delivery woes....

Heesman13

Hi,

I ordered my Ecoboost Platinum with all of the bells and whistles on 12 February, it was built on 09 March and it is still sitting in Dearborn. Here is the kicker - an identical truck to mine (with the exception of the max tow package) showed up at my dealer today that was built on 24 March. I keep hearing Ford saying that the delay in shipping is because of union issues at the rail head in Dearborn - obviously this isn't the case.

However, it does lend some credence to what my dealer told me. He said it was on hold for shipping because of a wiring harness issue with the back doors. This makes some sense but how long does it take to replace the wiring harness?

I was excited this morning thinking that IT had arrived only to be bummed. Oh well, I know the wait will be worth it but it sure is frustrating.

Eric

It's hard to figure out what is going on with the production issues. There are people saying that they ordered trucks in December and January and still don't have them.

I ordered a F 150 Lariat on March 12th, it was built on the 28th and is supposedly on the way. I hope I'm not still waiting 3 months from now.

Ron

It's hard to figure out what is going on with the production issues. There are people saying that they ordered trucks in December and January and still don't have them.

I ordered a F 150 Lariat on March 12th, it was built on the 28th and is supposedly on the way. I hope I'm not still waiting 3 months from now.

Ron

I think it is the double secret probation that caused the trucks to be recalled back. My dealer also says that he has stock trucks that were built, shipped, called back, re-released and are still sitting on the ramp while my truck was ordered 3/7, built 3/26, and should be at the dealer late Wednesday or early Thursday and I should pick it up on Friday afternoon. That's almost 4 weeks to the day! I know it doesn't help, but my dealer is also incredibly frustrated!

That's funny I ordered my orignal truck 5 Feb and it was delivered 2 Apr. It came from the KC plant.

You ordered a truck on Feb 5th, and you posted on March 27th about wandering through a Ford dealer's lot comparing trucks and ranting about how you want to buy a FX2 but they aren't much less than an XLT or vica versa. What gives?

You ordered a truck on Feb 5th, and you posted on March 27th about wandering through a Ford dealer's lot comparing trucks and ranting about how you want to buy a FX2 but they aren't much less than an XLT or vica versa. What gives?

After I ordered the FX2, it abruptly came to my attention that my son and wife could not get along in a SCAB even for short 2-3 mile trips. I hadn't been advised of a VIN and thought Ford hadn't started working on the truck I ordered. I contacted the dealer and asked if I could switch my order from the SCAB to a SCREW. I was advised by the dealership that I couldn't change anything on the ordered truck, because Ford was building it. The dealership also told me, without me asking, it would not be a problem selling the truck I ordered to someone else and I could change to a SCREW, if I wanted. The truck I ordered sold the same day it arrived. Now there is a Lariat on the way, to the dealership that has all of the options I want (and only one I don't), and it isn't much more (less than $1000) than the FX2 I wanted. I just have to deal with the chrome (I really don't like chrome). Fortunately the truck is white so it washes out the chrome.

Edited by 1depd

Must not have been a long bed??

I ordered a SCAB / long bed / EB on Jan 28, supposed to have been built March 25.in KC.Ford cust Svc said it was picked up by the transport company on March 29 should be at the dealer Apr 9 but the dealer says he called the transport company and it is still sitting in MO. Ford...you're killin' me here.

Wade Chandler

Cumming, GA

• 2 weeks later...

That's really odd indeed!! I have a feeling the trucks built with the ECO very early on had an issues as you are not the only one to have this issue. Meanwhile mine was ordered March 26th and is being built today!! Hang in there...when it comes all will be forgotten!