First plans for your 2012 Focus?

Detroit Mustang

I am formulating my dealer pickup plan (to try to keep my impatience at bay)....

USB Stick of 800x378 wallpaper pictures

iPod of my music library to plug into SYNC

Mobile phone to connect right away

Setup of syncmyride.com account (done, but need to "validate" via USB)

Squirt bottle of water to show off the rain sensing wipers

Going to service department to get locking lugnuts if it doesn't already have em

Old garage door opener to help program the universal garage door opener

Gotta look into voice nav and see if it uses a mapquest account or not

Staring at window sticker...

• Scotch-Gard carpeted floor mats - this is a first night, overnight ritual.
  • Already made a list of new detailing products and accessories
  • Already bought new Gorilla lug nut locks - install
  • iPod ready to go
  • Pair BlackBerry
  • Sync My Ride
  • Program all three remotes
  • Need a new windshield sunshade - need measurements
  • Need a cargo liner for hatch - Ford parts doesn't list one for hatch w/subwoofer and full size spare. Weather Tech has nothing for the '12 Focus yet - used the product request form on its web site
  • Need a cargo net - Ford parts #550A66 - $38.00
  • Strip dealer-prep wax job
  • Apply Wheel Wax
  • Apply multiple coats of Zaino Z-2

I'm probably going to take a few days off from work after taking delivery. Being obsessive/compulsive can be such a burden. LOL.

Edited by mrgdr57

I'm planning on putting on some tunes, taking a drive from Minneapolis to Hinkley, MN on the freeway, gradually taking it up to around 80 and back to 55-65, crossing over into Wisconsin and traveling back south on Wisc 35. Nice rural winding road with a couple of places to choose from to stop for lunch. I'll get home early afternoon and install the splash guards I have already purchased. I can't wait.

mrgdr57 you have made a good list. Thanks for the reminder to pick up a can of Scotchguard!

Ford does list a cargo liner,

Cargo Area Protector, Black, 5-Door With Subwoofer

Part Number: CM5Z-6111600-HA

Tell the dealer to not prep your car....avoid the scratches!!! Detail it yourself or bring it to a professional detailer.

I am going to continue to check the Weathertech website for a set of winter floor mats.

* I can't decide whether to get the molded splash guards/mud flaps or not. Will they take away from the look of the car? Just the fronts or both front and back?

** Anyone getting their car tinted, and what grade of tint do you think is best?

One thing on the molded flaps front - the car has a lower ring of black plastic all the way around the bottom, so that won't get chipped/rust. The lessens the need for the flaps a little. I will still probably get them, but thought I would point that out.

EMerrill, your remote start project sounds pretty cool. What will be the communication method? Tweet to your remote?

Other ideas are all great ones. And yes, I ordered a cargo liner with my subwoofer as part of the vehicle order, so I am pretty sure they make one. I am hoping it keeps things from sliding around more than anything.

Gorilla lug nut locks means we definitely do not get them with our wheels?

I am going to get mine tinted, probably 20%. Black hatchback, black Ti trim, black wheels, black tint....

Edited by Detroit Mustang

EMerrill, your remote start project sounds pretty cool. What will be the communication method? Tweet to your remote?

Other ideas are all great ones. And yes, I ordered a cargo liner with my subwoofer as part of the vehicle order, so I am pretty sure they make one. I am hoping it keeps things from sliding around more than anything.

I am going to get mine tinted, probably 20%. Black hatchback, black Ti trim, black wheels, black tint....

It will just be phone call or SMS - data is too expensive...

You call it's number (from an approved number), and it will decline the call (so it takes no minutes), and starts.

mrgdr57 you have made a good list. Thanks for the reminder to pick up a can of Scotchguard!

Tell the dealer to not prep your car....avoid the scratches!!! Detail it yourself or bring it to a professional detailer.

I am going to continue to check the Weathertech website for a set of winter floor mats.

* I can't decide whether to get the molded splash guards/mud flaps or not. Will they take away from the look of the car? Just the fronts or both front and back?

** Anyone getting their car tinted, and what grade of tint do you think is best?

Tint is a great idea - I haven't done that in years - I would go with darkest legal in CA. Cargo liner - that's the part number I was looking at but none of the four liners listed (specific to model/stereo/spare options) fit a with sub and full size spare - only those without sub or with sub and mini spare; for hatch & sedan.

Lug locks: not that I've seen. Shown as an dealer accessory - the McGard type. I prefer Gorilla and you can get them from Amazon for about $15 a set.

Tint is a great idea - I haven't done that in years - I would go with darkest legal in CA. Cargo liner - that's the part number I was looking at but none of the four liners listed (specific to model/stereo/spare options) fit a with sub and full size spare - only those without sub or with sub and mini spare; for hatch & sedan.

The parts I see are just 4/5 dr and w or w/o subwoofer. From what I've seen, I'm pretty they will fit either mini or full spare.

I'm also going to tint. In MN the law is 50% all around for cars, but I'm going to do the rear doors 35%. I'm not sure about the hatch window, will tint affect the self dimming rear vew mirror? I contacted WeatherTech and Husky and both said they will have floor mats later this year.

When I bought my (black) 2009 RX-8 two years ago, it had swirl marks in the paint everywhere. I was tempted to take it back and yell at them, but I figured they would just screw it up worse. I got my own supplies, including my first use of Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0. After the first application (with clean microfiber towels) the swirl marks were barely noticeable. After the second application, they were gone. I still can't believe the schmucks at the dealer didn't use clean microfiber towels to apply whatever it is they put on the car.

I am hoping to have the money to tint the windows of my 2012 Focus, but only if I can find a local shop that does the good stuff that specifically filters wavelengths that carry the most radiative heat. I know 3M makes some, and I think others do, too. I would go with as light a tint as possible in front, and darker on the rear windows and hatch glass.

In California, tinting is illegal on the front driver and passenger doors. Not sure about the max % tint on the rest of the car.

If I cant get quick resolution on Ford denying my doctors orders by calling for "prior authorization" on the meds perscribed. Not only will I cancel my order for a loaded Titanium and forget about the 10 other cars I sell annually. Catalyst mail order pharmacey claims to ONLY following Ford policy.

If I cant get quick resolution on Ford denying my doctors orders by calling for "prior authorization" on the meds perscribed. Not only will I cancel my order for a loaded Titanium and forget about the 10 other cars I sell annually. Catalyst mail order pharmacey claims to ONLY following Ford policy.

This poster is either off his meds or this is a big can of SPAM.

Transitman: wait until Ford starts denying you medical coverage and see how you like it. They have denyed my wife meds for her Alzhiemers because her brain hasnt deteriorated enough and the damage is irreversable. Now I am dealing with complications from cervical fusion and the alternate medications. causes deafness with prolonged treatment. Yeah Im off my meds and not by choice.

Transitman: wait until Ford starts denying you medical coverage and see how you like it. They have denyed my wife meds for her Alzhiemers because her brain hasnt deteriorated enough and the damage is irreversable. Now I am dealing with complications from cervical fusion and the alternate medications. causes deafness with prolonged treatment. Yeah Im off my meds and not by choice.

Caesar: I don't receive medical coverage from Ford. Why would you post a totally out of context message about medical coverage in a thread for the 2012 Focus? I'm sure I'm not the only person who read your post and thought what the hell is he talking about. If you are an current or retired Ford employee who has an issue with benefits, I'd contact your Union, HR or in the least post it in the employee section for advice or sympathy.

Good idea! "rear valance/exhaust setup from a Euro Titanium" It would be so nice to have the much more attractive straight exhaust with a nice chrome tip.

I have sent out a couple of emails to places in the UK in regards to the Euro LED/Xenon headlamps. It would be a great upgrade!! I still hope that Ford offers them locally, am we can just order them through our local dealerships. I will keep you all informed.