Power Code Remote Start Factory or Dealer?

Emil

On a 2012 does anyone know if the Power Code remote Start is installed at the factory or dealer.

Edmunds says dealer installed but sometimes dealers don't do a very clean job installing stuff, not sure if I want that.

While I'm here, does anyone know about the door guards that are supposed to be dealer installed?

Thanks

Remote start is def dealer installed - I got it.

Door guards? Do you mean the sill plates or something else?

First I said Edmunds it was actually KBB.

They show:

76F Door Edge Guards, Stainless Steel (Installed by Dealer)

(Std w/Interior Style Pkg-97S & 97L)

My daughter is getting the 97S option (Red Tuscany Interior) but I'm sure she won't want the guards.

If they are what I've seen in the past they break up the lines of the car and they don't look real good.

Being dealer installed we can tell them to not do them.

http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/ford/focus/2012/price-with-options?id=358531

Thanks!

Looks like we need some one that has that package to chime in and verify....

You think Ford would have put something like that in the package details when building/choosing options. The Mustang has them as an option.....

First I said Edmunds it was actually KBB.

They show:

76F Door Edge Guards, Stainless Steel (Installed by Dealer)

(Std w/Interior Style Pkg-97S & 97L)

My daughter is getting the 97S option (Red Tuscany Interior) but I'm sure she won't want the guards.

If they are what I've seen in the past they break up the lines of the car and they don't look real good.

Being dealer installed we can tell them to not do them.

http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/ford/focus/2012/price-with-options?id=358531

Thanks!

They are not 'door edge guards', 76F is sill scuff plates, see below. They are not visible from outside the car, and they are dealer installed (so if you don't want them, they should be able to not put them on)

5704000323_9ec252905c_b.jpg

Oh, makes sense.

Those are fine and actually very practical.

Thanks a lot.

Hope you're enjoying your car!

The stainless steel door sill plates are dealer installed as well. As far as I know, the options that are dealer installed are the door sill plates, the exterior protection package (which includes the molded splash guards) and the power code remote start.

IF you are looking to get these items, and are ordering your vehicle, DEMAND they are placed with your entire car order. I looked up the price of the those items and if you order all of them with the car, you save a few hundred bucks. The dealer just prefers your buy them directly from them as the dealer gets a larger portion of the commission from add ons purchased on-site.

IF you are looking to get these items, and are ordering your vehicle, DEMAND they are placed with your entire car order.

Thanks for the heads-up, we will definitely insist on it being there.

Thanks for the heads-up, we will definitely insist on it being there.

The dealer tried saying we didn't need to worry about ordering those with the car because I could just buy them through the dealer, until I got the price sheet on what the dealer charged! It took me threatening to go 20 miles to a competing Ford before they would place them on my order. (also got x-plan pricing on those if they're ordered with the car)

The dealer tried saying we didn't need to worry about ordering those with the car because I could just buy them through the dealer, until I got the price sheet on what the dealer charged! It took me threatening to go 20 miles to a competing Ford before they would place them on my order. (also got x-plan pricing on those if they're ordered with the car)

Fortunately for us the salesman we've been dealing with for the last 11 years is an honest guy.

We've bought 5 cars from him without any issues at all :)!

Remote start is def dealer installed - I got it.

Door guards? Do you mean the sill plates or something else?

You do any distance testing with the remote starter? Also, how long does the car stay on when you start it remotely?

You do any distance testing with the remote starter? Also, how long does the car stay on when you start it remotely?

Haven't tinkered with it much yet. I'm making a mod that makes it start by cell phone, so range won't be an issue. I mainly don't like that if you a Titanium, you have to have a second key fob for the remote start.

Fortunately for us the salesman we've been dealing with for the last 11 years is an honest guy.

We've bought 5 cars from him without any issues at all :)!

That's hard to find it seems! Where I live there was one Ford dealership my family dealt with for decades, and always worked with the same guy, but they closed down about 10 years ago. Then a shady Ford dealer started up, they just got bought up after about 8 years of business, and now the only dealer within 100 miles is part of a supersize chain greedy dealership brand, which I loathe! :censored:

That's hard to find it seems! Where I live there was one Ford dealership my family dealt with for decades, and always worked with the same guy, but they closed down about 10 years ago. Then a shady Ford dealer started up, they just got bought up after about 8 years of business, and now the only dealer within 100 miles is part of a supersize chain greedy dealership brand, which I loathe! :censored:

We're lucky,

There is a dealer almost walking distance away and we will never by a car from them because of a previous bad experience.

This guy is 25+ miles away but fortunately close to work.