Dealership Observations.

Well my 2008 Expedition EL finally hit 30K last week and Sat I brought it in for the 30K service at Northside Ford in San Antonio TX.

I always wait on it because it allows me ample time to look around, kick tires, and maybe sit in a few vehicles. I was given an approx wait time of 4 and a half hours. No problem. Here are a few observations of what I saw and heard while chatting with salesman out front.

Not ONE new Fiesta on the lot, just one pre-owned model, an SE hatchback with 1K miles on it.

2 '12 Foci was being prepped for delivery. One a race-red SE sedan, the other also a race-red SE, but a hatchback.

They cant keep the '12 Explorers in stock, 5 stock models had arrived, and within a week they were gone a salesman said. 2 customer order Explorers were in the back waiting to be cleaned & delivered.

As I stood around holding a plate of free BBQ and cold soda, I noticed customers looking at or driving almost every model. I'd estimate around 10-15 vehicles were delivered yesterday while I waited including 3 F-150's.

this is a great sign that ford is only going up. my local dealership is also doing quite well. not nearly as good as yours(somewhat small and just moved location so that doesnt help) but still they had a hard time gettin enough 2012 foci the first few weeks

I can tell you that the two major Ford dealers in the Utica / Rome NY area are busy.....tried to roll in for an oil change, the shop was busy with work, 1 1/2 wait at both locations....being that it was late in the day...I will return tomorrow.....both dealerships had plenty of people in the showrooms looking over cars.....good to see....