Attaching license plate to 2012

Detroit Mustang

Very nice... now yours also looks almost too good. Not too good though, just on the border between kickass and too good.

Thanks, it really dresses up the back nicely. I believe the border between kick ass and too good is kick ass good.

I must admit, the chrome is a nice touch. I'm installing my plate tomorrow, the frame has been on there since day one.

Thanks for the link.

• 2 months later...

Just an FYI:

I ordered plate frames from this company in Florida a few years ago for my current Focus. They were made in the USA, and they also had Ford's "authorization" sticker saying it was licensed. It's similar to the frames you all posted, but they can put "Focus" at the base. I emailed them a month ago whether they have the new Focus font, and they will have it (soon). Here is how they should look (they sent me these samples):

plateframe-chrome.jpg

plateframe-black.jpg

I'm on the fence which one to get for a Red Candy SE Hatchback. I was thinking the rear can get the chrome treatment. The front I may go with a generic frame and cover (and even then I'm debating whether to get a clear or smoked plastic cover).

Company Link: http://www.autostuff...fordframes.html -- If you want the new font, you need to specify it in the order. Otherwise, you'll get the older (pre 2012) fonts.

Here's how the original fit:

plateframe.jpg

Edited by GapBoyPCS

Just an FYI:

I ordered plate frames from this company in Florida a few years ago for my current Focus. They were made in the USA, and they also had Ford's "authorization" sticker saying it was licensed. It's similar to the frames you all posted, but they can put "Focus" at the base. I emailed them a month ago whether they have the new Focus font, and they will have it (soon). Here is how they should look (they sent me these samples):

plateframe-chrome.jpg

plateframe-black.jpg

I'm on the fence which one to get for a Red Candy SE Hatchback. I was thinking the rear can get the chrome treatment. The front I may go with a generic frame and cover (and even then I'm debating whether to get a clear or smoked plastic cover).

Company Link: http://www.autostuff...fordframes.html -- If you want the new font, you need to specify it in the order. Otherwise, you'll get the older (pre 2012) fonts.

Plate frames with the 2012 Focus logo have been available in my local Ford dealer's parts department since May when I got my Focus.

Here in Mass, if you have on older "green" colored plate you only need the one (which I have thankfully, the front looks so much better without).

As for the rear plate mount, I too saw that it had only the bumpers. But I also noticed that the middle of the bumpers were hollow. I found a couple of small sheetmetal screws and was able to thread into the center of these bumpers (I have caps that go over the screws for the plate frame, snaps over a plastic cup that is under the screw).

You'd never know it and it's pretty secure.

• 2 months later...

Simple Fix. All you do is pull out bottom bumpers and go to auto parts store and get plastic inserts just like on the top mounting screws. I also replaced all screws with 4 new stainless tamper screws. screws with plastic inserts $4 Advance Auto Parts. Plate frame $10 Target.

post-46897-0-22800700-1320097709_thumb.jpg

post-46897-0-61984400-1320097722_thumb.jpg

post-46897-0-05151900-1320097738_thumb.jpg

post-46897-0-51189300-1320097751_thumb.jpg

Edited by jben1024

• 4 months later...

Anyone else annoyed that the 2012 (at least the hatchback, maybe both) only has 2 screws to attach the license plate?

The bottom 2 license plate holes sit on rubber bumpers.... however, if you use a license plate frame, it wobbles and will probably make a stupid sound when you hit bumps.

Any solutions? Looks like bumper holes are round and screwmate holes are square so I dont think I can just get 2 more screwmates and tighten this baby down.