Radio staying on?

SU-FI

got home from work and got out of my car, hit the door locks started walking and noticed my radio was still playing in the car.. went back unlocked the door and hit the power button to turn it off.. never seen that before, they always turn off when the key is out and the door is opened.

Mine has never done that, but it's been exhibiting all sorts of weird behavior. Do you have MyFord Touch? I do, and it's a mess. It seems to work for everything (although slowly) except for my iPod. That is hit or miss. Regardless of the source (SiriusXM, CD, iPod), it doesn't properly remember whether it was left on or off when I shut the car off. I almost always remember to shut the stereo off, but it usually starts playing when I start the car. Frequently, it will even show "Audio off" while playing music! Lately, using my iPod Classic with it has been a nightmare. I use SYNC to tell it to switch to my iPod ("matts iPod"). It then tells me there are two "matts iPods" connected to the system. ??? No, there aren't. There aren't even two USB devices connected. It then puts up a list on the screen, 1 and 2, and tells me to say the number of the device I want. Both show "USB". Sometimes, no matter which one I choose, it tells me there is no such device hooked up. Other times, it works when I guess one but not the other. So, sometimes, it tells me there are two "matts iPods" connected, but then it tells me that there aren't any, and then goes back to playing a song on that iPod! This is ridiculous. Ford had better release a fix for this soon.

Ford is well aware of the problems, and they have taken very major steps to correct them. From what I hear, they have fired the company that developed MFT, and hired Microsoft to re-write/fix it. And just to be clear, Sync is the Microsoft technology, MFT was written by some small random company, that apparently wrote horrible code. While I assume there will be bug fixes issued in the mean time, I've heard that a very major update is expected in Q4 of this year.

emerrill, thanks for that update. The MFT issues are enough to make me want to spend LESS on this car and get the base model. I'll be following this closely while waiting for the ST's arrival.

I still really like MFT even with the problems. But believe, Ford is in this platform for years, and they want to get it as good as possible. They ran into a problem where a contractor over promised, and Ford used that to set the public timelines. When they failed, Ford decided it was better to put it out as is, instead of a yr plus delay of launch. Not saying if that was the right choice or not...

I also have had major issues, love the car, even love MFT despite the quirks. Was driving to a reception using the NAV and all of a sudden, the radio went silent and I noticed that the Nav screen wasn't changing. I thougth I"d give it a couple of miles... 10 miles down the road, still no radio or Nav change. My wife got the manual out and looked up Sync tech support line. We went to dial the number and the blue tooth on the phone was still linked and wouldn't come through the radio. I shut the phone off, turned it back on and called Tech Support. She told me to pull the fuse. (which will be the 2nd time I've done this. The first time was for a total dead screen). Still lovin' the Foci!

Ford fix the MFT :sos:

I also have had major issues, love the car, even love MFT despite the quirks. Was driving to a reception using the NAV and all of a sudden, the radio went silent and I noticed that the Nav screen wasn't changing. I thougth I"d give it a couple of miles... 10 miles down the road, still no radio or Nav change. My wife got the manual out and looked up Sync tech support line. We went to dial the number and the blue tooth on the phone was still linked and wouldn't come through the radio. I shut the phone off, turned it back on and called Tech Support. She told me to pull the fuse. (which will be the 2nd time I've done this. The first time was for a total dead screen). Still lovin' the Foci!

Ford fix the MFT :sos:

I remember reading something a couple of months ago saying that a conflict between Nav and something else was one of the big issues. So, is that holding true here? Do those of you having problems with MFT have Nav?

got home from work and got out of my car, hit the door locks started walking and noticed my radio was still playing in the car.. went back unlocked the door and hit the power button to turn it off.. never seen that before, they always turn off when the key is out and the door is opened.

Haven't time to do anything with my radio except set a couple of radio stations. When I start the car, the radio jumps to another station, not coming back to the one I was listening to. Looks like a long night with the OG.