Need the skinny on ordering on X plan for lease

spotdog14

Greetings everyone. We are considering getting an F-150 FX4 and I would like to know the specifics on if and what I can do. Due to my fiance's work from home job she will be driving the truck 75% of the time with me the remaining 25%. Anyways we both get X plan through work (though some of the local dealerships have better pricing than I can get on X plan) and I would like to order the vehicle to make sure we get everything we want but don't know if you can do that on X plan if you are planning on leasing it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Greetings everyone. We are considering getting an F-150 FX4 and I would like to know the specifics on if and what I can do. Due to my fiance's work from home job she will be driving the truck 75% of the time with me the remaining 25%. Anyways we both get X plan through work (though some of the local dealerships have better pricing than I can get on X plan) and I would like to order the vehicle to make sure we get everything we want but don't know if you can do that on X plan if you are planning on leasing it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

X plan, leasing, buying.....doesn't matter. That's just the price and how you pay for it. You can order the vehicle you want whether you're leasing it or buying it with or without X plan.

Just tell the dealer you have X plan and what you want to do. If they offer better than X plan make sure you get it in writing with all fees, taxes, rebates, doc fees, add-on options, etc. included for an out the door price and compare it to the same out the door price on X plan. Otherwise you run the risk of getting a worse deal because of hidden fees or other tricks.

Considering the dealer gets an extra $400 or so from Ford for the X plan sale it doesn't make sense that a dealer would turn that down if you're offering to use X plan unless they're planning to make it up somewhere else in the deal (or on the trade-in). Either way just get all the numbers in writing.