Buying 2012 on X plan

Will most x plan dealers let you take a 2012 from their lot when they come on in sept or do they most likely make you order? I know they have the option.

Actually they have a 3rd option - don't accept X plan at all. It's totally voluntary. They can take it on one 2012 Explorer and not take it on another one.

If they won't accept it on an in stock vehicle because they are low and selling them for more than X plan, they'll usually let you order one with X plan pricing but it depends on the dealer.

You can probably find a dealer willing to give you X plan on any Explorer in stock or ordered.

Actually they have a 3rd option - don't accept X plan at all. It's totally voluntary. They can take it on one 2012 Explorer and not take it on another one.

If they won't accept it on an in stock vehicle because they are low and selling them for more than X plan, they'll usually let you order one with X plan pricing but it depends on the dealer.

You can probably find a dealer willing to give you X plan on any Explorer in stock or ordered.

I have an X plan pin but did not mention that when ordering my 2012 explorer as I was told by previous users of X-Plan that the dealer usually invalidates any other discounts they may have once they know you have an X-plan. I was thinking of waiting until the vehicle arrives to disclose that information at which point the dealer can say yes or no and I have the option of taking back my deposit.

Does anybody have any experience with how dealer discounts vary with an X-plan ? Is it possible to obtain atleast a small discount from the dealer on top of an xplan price?

I have an X plan pin but did not mention that when ordering my 2012 explorer as I was told by previous users of X-Plan that the dealer usually invalidates any other discounts they may have once they know you have an X-plan. I was thinking of waiting until the vehicle arrives to disclose that information at which point the dealer can say yes or no and I have the option of taking back my deposit.

Does anybody have any experience with how dealer discounts vary with an X-plan ? Is it possible to obtain atleast a small discount from the dealer on top of an xplan price?

What the heck are you talking about?

First, X plan rules REQUIRE that you notify the dealer immediately when using X plan. You cannot negotiate, order the vehicle then pull out the X plan card at the last minute.

Second - there are no other discounts with X plan. The X plan price is printed by Ford on the invoice. The dealer can only add tax, tag, title and a $100 doc fee. Period. You get all publicly available incentives on top of that and sometimes you get additional X plan only incentives. None of this is negotiable.

If you want to negotiate a better price than X plan you can try that but you have to disclose that to the dealer up front. And be aware that X plan protects you from high doc fees and other add-ons that the dealer may slip in at the last minute.

Just tell them you have a X plan pin and see if they'll beat it but make sure you get out the door prices on both so you don't get ripped off with hidden fees, etc.

What the heck are you talking about?

First, X plan rules REQUIRE that you notify the dealer immediately when using X plan. You cannot negotiate, order the vehicle then pull out the X plan card at the last minute.

Second - there are no other discounts with X plan. The X plan price is printed by Ford on the invoice. The dealer can only add tax, tag, title and a $100 doc fee. Period. You get all publicly available incentives on top of that and sometimes you get additional X plan only incentives. None of this is negotiable.

If you want to negotiate a better price than X plan you can try that but you have to disclose that to the dealer up front. And be aware that X plan protects you from high doc fees and other add-ons that the dealer may slip in at the last minute.

Just tell them you have a X plan pin and see if they'll beat it but make sure you get out the door prices on both so you don't get ripped off with hidden fees, etc.

Thanks for the reply. I actually have an AZ plan pin which offers a much better discount than the X. I called the dealer and told him and he said that's fine. Ordering a vehicle does not change any of the discounts I am eligible for was his message.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply. I actually have an AZ plan pin which offers a much better discount than the X. I called the dealer and told him and he said that's fine. Ordering a vehicle does not change any of the discounts I am eligible for was his message.

Your lucky then. You should disclose that information prior to buying/deposit.

Will most x plan dealers let you take a 2012 from their lot when they come on in sept or do they most likely make you order? I know they have the option.

It depends on if they are having a slow month or not. They don't have to take it if they are moving them fast. However, they do get that money/credit back from Ford.