MFT Software Update?

swhalen17

Apparently the newest software updates just went into production last week, so depending on your production date it may or may not have it. Dealers should be getting it soon though, so either way they should at the very worst have to do the update at the dealer after it arrives.

Apparently the newest software updates just went into production last week, so depending on your production date it may or may not have it. Dealers should be getting it soon though, so either way they should at the very worst have to do the update at the dealer after it arrives.

have you heard what fixes were made with this new software update?

To my knowlage there is no itemized list, but it has significant improvements.

were the issues with the current version a huge issue? i have just started reading into the MFT and I am nervous that it will be a huge issue in my new Focus upon delivery later this month

were the issues with the current version a huge issue? i have just started reading into the MFT and I am nervous that it will be a huge issue in my new Focus upon delivery later this month

For some people they were really bad to the point the system stopped working but that seems to only be a small percentage. Others have issues with performance, responsiveness, bluetooth pairing and frequent reboots. Some people have no problems at all.

By the time you get yours the major problems will hopefully be fixed. They've been working on this since the 2011 Edge debuted last October with the same issues.

Most of the issues were related to freezes and reboots. If the update on the Focus is similar to the one I got on my Edge a couple months ago then the reprogramming should go a long way toward correcting most of the problems.

For some people they were really bad to the point the system stopped working but that seems to only be a small percentage. Others have issues with performance, responsiveness, bluetooth pairing and frequent reboots. Some people have no problems at all.

By the time you get yours the major problems will hopefully be fixed. They've been working on this since the 2011 Edge debuted last October with the same issues.

well that's reassuring...i rather not have to drive 5hrs from college back to the dealership to get the update put on!