Woodhaven/DTP going to 5 day 8 hour shifts?

DTP Nick

I have been told by two seperate people who are very much in positions to know that DTP will be on a 5 day eight hour workday for all shifts by the end of the year. Was wondering if folks at Woodhaven have been told this? Dont KILL THE MESSENGER !!! lol but ive been told by two good sources

woodhaven already is, and the memo stating all plants by the end of the year came out like six months ago

Never got that memo at DTP in fact about a month ago we were told by our plant manager there were NO PLANS for this....When are you hearing it will happen?

Woodhaven went back to a 5/8 schedule on August 18th. However, we also have a 3/12 shift that works Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights, 11pm-11:30am. This shift right now is only a mainenance shift.

I wonder how the schedule would work? What time does Day shift start etc?

I have been told by two seperate people who are very much in positions to know that DTP will be on a 5 day eight hour workday for all shifts by the end of the year. Was wondering if folks at Woodhaven have been told this? Dont KILL THE MESSENGER !!! lol but ive been told by two good sources

I have heard if it were to happen At DTP or DSP/BODy it would be after christmas shutdown

Production schedule:

1st shift - 11pm - 7am

2nd shift - 7am - 3pm

3rd shit - 3pm - 11pm

Trades schedule:

1st shift - 11pm - 7:30am

2nd shift - 7am - 3:30pm

3rd shift - 3pm - 11:30pm

When does production eat lunch........... I see there is no unpaid lunch (8.5)

you eat your lunch on the way out the door..but if you want to you can stop by the break room on your way out and eat your lunch and then go home if it makes you feel better.

hahahahaq you can stop and but one of the 9 dollar lunches they serve in DTPs cafetetria on the way out

Production schedule:

1st shift - 11pm - 7am

2nd shift - 7am - 3pm

3rd shit - 3pm - 11pm

Trades schedule:

1st shift - 11pm - 7:30am

2nd shift - 7am - 3:30pm

3rd shift - 3pm - 11:30pm

I have been told that 1st shift will be preferred over 3rd by seniority workers . :shrug: Most A crew workers will stay on days but a lot of higher seniority workers on 3rd (B crew right now) will eventually bump to 1st shift (midnights).

Edited by sez

dtp has many issues to include parking... hilo's... they do not have a battery changing area they are all plug in and there is no way they can do 5- 8's without a battery area to change they when they go down.

We don't change hilo batteries anymore. About 3 years ago, they installed quick charging stations throughout the plant, full charge in about 10 minutes or so.

I have been told that 1st shift will be preferred over 3rd by seniority workers . :shrug: Most A crew workers will stay on days but a lot of higher seniority workers on 3rd (B crew right now) will eventually bump to 1st shift (midnights).

I kind of agree - most people, especially parents, would love to have the 10% premium added for a shorter day, especially here at DTP. Work from 11p-7a, get home, see the kids off to school, be home with them in the afternoon, take a nap and repeat the cycle. Why wouldn't any parent want that schedule?

Afternoons is not as bad as it is cracked up to be. The only problem is that employees with kids wouldn't really get to see them as much as is possible on days or midnights. Most people who will eventually end up on afternoons will be single folk or those with low seniority (my guess anyway).

We don't change hilo batteries anymore. About 3 years ago, they installed quick charging stations throughout the plant, full charge in about 10 minutes or so.

Well most of the hilo's at dtp have very week batteries and right now it takes an hour on a large machine to get around a 20% boost. I keep hearing abut new equiptment coming but nothing yet. I do know that the hilo repair guys are keeping busy with all of the breakdowns and over heated units. Quite often the batteries will not charge when they get to low ( the unit produces an error code) because of their high battery temps and faulty battery fans. If the 3 shift thing is going to happen Ford is going to have to make a large investment in this area.

Lunch on a straight 8 is 20 minutes, paid. Along with 2 20-minute paid breaks, there is 60 minutes of paid relief per shift.

I found the paperwork that states "when working a straight 8 schedule, there will be two 20 minute breaks, 5 minutes of paid relief per hour, per the 2007 CBA". 40 minutes in total.

Well most of the hilo's at dtp have very week batteries and right now it takes an hour on a large machine to get around a 20% boost. I keep hearing abut new equiptment coming but nothing yet. I do know that the hilo repair guys are keeping busy with all of the breakdowns and over heated units. Quite often the batteries will not charge when they get to low ( the unit produces an error code) because of their high battery temps and faulty battery fans. If the 3 shift thing is going to happen Ford is going to have to make a large investment in this area.

All of our hilos are leased. They get changed out every 2 or 3 years. We just got new hilos at shutdown. The chargers look new also.

I found the paperwork that states "when working a straight 8 schedule, there will be two 20 minute breaks, 5 minutes of paid relief per hour, per the 2007 CBA". 40 minutes in total.

Exactly. There is 40 minutes of "relief" per straight-8-hour shift - this is per contract (technically 44, but the mods in 2009 reduced it to 40)... I was adding lunch into the relief time as well. I guess I consider lunch "relief" because it is relief from the crappy ass overloaded jobs at DTP.

Edited by qwertyuiop

Exactly. There is 40 minutes of "relief" per straight-8-hour shift - this is per contract (technically 44, but the mods in 2009 reduced it to 40)... I was adding lunch into the relief time as well. I guess I consider lunch "relief" because it is relief from the crappy ass overloaded jobs at DTP.

There is no lunch on a straight 8 shift.

Nick is a big fat dick rumor starter, this guy can't even do his job all night and he walks around pissing people off.

This idiot wouldn't anything, they don't keep guys like this in the loop and the sad part about this is that after rumor's start the company see's and hears it then takes advantage of it. They consider the membership being notified so they then again make changes to benefit themselves and their bottom line.

Stop believing everything this buttercup writes about.

and listen to chucky, the man of a thousand login names instead!

Nick is a big fat dick rumor starter, this guy can't even do his job all night and he walks around pissing people off.

This idiot wouldn't anything, they don't keep guys like this in the loop and the sad part about this is that after rumor's start the company see's and hears it then takes advantage of it. They consider the membership being notified so they then again make changes to benefit themselves and their bottom line.

Stop believing everything this buttercup writes about.

Hey kitten camaro 995 chuckster chuckie995 sanduskyman... How are we supposed to believe any feces that come out of your mouth when you lie everytime you post. You make a pfile saying you're from CAP this time then start flaming DTP and Nick AGAIN. your antics are old and boring. You are a waste of a zygote.