Saline to Faurecia

trm1111

Ford Might Sell Saline Supplier To French Parts-Maker

Supplier Makes Instrument Panels, Floor Consoles And Other Parts For Ford

POSTED: Tuesday, August 2, 2011

UPDATED: 8:04 pm EDT August 2, 2011

EmailPrint

AP

SALINE, Mich. -- Ford Motor Co. says there's a tentative deal to sell a Saline auto parts plant to a French components maker.

Ford spokeswoman Della DiPietro (di-pi-EHT'-roh) said Tuesday a memorandum of understanding was signed for a sale to Faurecia SA. The French automaker PSA Peugeot Citroen SA is Faurecia's majority owner.

The plant is 40 miles west of Detroit. United Auto Workers union Local 892 represents most of its 2,300 employees and says it plans contract talks with Faurecia.

The plant makes instrument panels ,floor consoles and other parts for Ford vehicles.

It's owned by Automotive Components Holdings LLC. Ford created the company in 2005 when Ford took back 17 facilities from Visteon Corp., Ford's former parts-making subsidiary.

A deal to sell the plant to Johnson Controls Inc. collapsed in 2008.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published

And your using multiple usernames... We know who you are.. I have your IP.

hahahaha

You've been reported.

O my! I have been threatened by the burger boy.

Camero Chuckie:

After your idiotic and moronic rant about the retirees of not just this great company but through out our great union, do you think anyone will listen to your insane diatribe?

You are a sorry and sick individual, that could use some phychiatric treatment.

Good Luck and have a meager existence!

• Like 2

EmailPrint

AP

SALINE, Mich. -- Ford Motor Co. says there's a tentative deal to sell a Saline auto parts plant to a French components maker.

Ford spokeswoman Della DiPietro (di-pi-EHT'-roh) said Tuesday a memorandum of understanding was signed for a sale to Faurecia SA. The French automaker PSA Peugeot Citroen SA is Faurecia's majority owner.

The plant is 40 miles west of Detroit. United Auto Workers union Local 892 represents most of its 2,300 employees and says it plans contract talks with Faurecia.

The plant makes instrument panels ,floor consoles and other parts for Ford vehicles.

It's owned by Automotive Components Holdings LLC. Ford created the company in 2005 when Ford took back 17 facilities from Visteon Corp., Ford's former parts-making subsidiary.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published

Thanks For Posting TRM1111 :hyper:

And your using multiple usernames... We know who you are.. I have your IP.

hahahaha

You've been reported.

This is why I tell people dont click on chuckies links etc....he doesnt even work for Ford anymore and was fired for being a pussy basically

EmailPrint

AP

well damn I posted a theory about Faurecia buying Saline 3 days ago.

looks like i am right.

what happens to Saline when Focus IP work is moved to Wayne assemlby?

I'd imagine they would be getting work from the Escape and next Fusion.

Nothing offical about the C346 leaving Saline. Fruecia is the only other supplier in the world to have that product, Do you really think Ford will take work from Saline when they want to sell it?

Oh and we knew months ago that Fruecia was interested in the plant.

Nothing offical about the C346 leaving Saline. Fruecia is the only other supplier in the world to have that product, Do you really think Ford will take work from Saline when they want to sell it?

Oh and we knew months ago that Fruecia was interested in the plant.

You are stealing my thunder.

The other Rumor is ford is adding 400 Tier 2s to MAP to assemble IPs in the old Wayne assembly plant.

If Fauicia won the IP contract for the MKz and Fusion, along with the Escape, MKg, Edge, and MKx it should be a very busy plant. They would not mind building IP at Wayne.

Also it would not be unheard of if Fauracia would actutually run the line inside WAP.

until the UAW contract is sign things will be as clear as mud.

You are stealing my thunder.

The other Rumor is ford is adding 400 Tier 2s to MAP to assemble IPs in the old Wayne assembly plant.

If Fauicia won the IP contract for the MKz and Fusion, along with the Escape, MKg, Edge, and MKx it should be a very busy plant. They would not mind building IP at Wayne.

Also it would not be unheard of if Fauracia would actutually run the line inside WAP.

until the UAW contract is sign things will be as clear as mud.

It’s possible. But I highly doubt Faurecia would “run the line inside WAP.”

The possibility of Focus content going to Wayne is a sign that Ford is willing, per agreement, to in-source a higher percentage of parts.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110714/BUSINESS0102/107140528/Ford-may-hire-400-Wayne-plant