My first Ford

jgretch44

Hi, everyone! I am about to be the proud owner of my first Ford. I ordered a 2012 Focus SEL and am very anxiously awaiting its arrival. I have driven a Volvo for the past ten years and am ready for better fuel efficiency and lower maintenance costs, plus the exceptional advanced technology that ford provides. Are there any focus owners with words of wisdom for me?

The Powershift transmission may take some getting used to. It doesn't feel like most automatics at times. If you're easy with your right foot, you can get tanks that average 40 mpg without the SFE package. If you can't keep your foot out of it, I can understand. It still gets better mileage than babying a 2011. I've felt it spin a tire in a turn while shifting from 1st to 2nd. It's a fun little car and much better than the outgoing model. Just keep the oil changed with a quality filter and it should last a while. Best of all, there's no timing belt to worry about since it's chain driven!

The Powershift transmission may take some getting used to. It doesn't feel like most automatics at times. If you're easy with your right foot, you can get tanks that average 40 mpg without the SFE package. If you can't keep your foot out of it, I can understand. It still gets better mileage than babying a 2011. I've felt it spin a tire in a turn while shifting from 1st to 2nd. It's a fun little car and much better than the outgoing model. Just keep the oil changed with a quality filter and it should last a while. Best of all, there's no timing belt to worry about since it's chain driven!

Thanks for the advice! I do have a hard time with slow acceleration, but I will work on it. My commute is about 90% freeway driving (20 out of 22 mi) so I think i should still do pretty well!

• 3 weeks later...