MKZ sun visors will not stay in mid positions!

alan_hayes

The sun visors in my 2011 MKZ Hybrid will not "stay" in any position other than fully up or all the way down. So when I am driving into the morning or evening sun when the sun is low in the sky, I have to hold the visor to shield my eyes! - I have to assume that this is a common problem as my dealer immediately told me that this was "normal" condition with MKZ & Fusion!!!

This is a very dangerous issue and I have contacted Lincoln but have not yet heard back - I will keep y'all updated.

I complained about this on my 2010 FFH which was built in 09. Sounds like they still have not addressed the issue..

Another extremely annoying item is the dash vents which only tilt up to horizontal so highest they will go is to hit me in the face.

This is fine for heat but not good for getting AC up where the hot air is over my head and in the back seat.

At first I was impressed by the engineering of this car and I guess I still am from a technological standpoint, but it makes me wonder what Ford was thinking when they designed the ergonomics of these basic features.

Did anyone actually spend any time in the car before the design was released to production?

The sun visors in my 2011 MKZ Hybrid will not "stay" in any position other than fully up or all the way down. So when I am driving into the morning or evening sun when the sun is low in the sky, I have to hold the visor to shield my eyes! - I have to assume that this is a common problem as my dealer immediately told me that this was "normal" condition with MKZ & Fusion!!!

This is a very dangerous issue and I have contacted Lincoln but have not yet heard back - I will keep y'all updated.

Edited by joe308

I don't understand. Why wouldn't "all the way down" work? Where are you holding them?

The way I take it is "all the way up" being against the roof and "all the way down" being against the windshield while they have to hold it somewhere in the middle which actually puts the visor in a vertical position and blocks more of the view. If I was told that's how they're supposed to be, I'd get some visors from another vehicle and mount them in my car. Either way, I want to see this foolishness in person.

I heard back from Ford Customers Relations yesterday and after quite a while of the girl repeating my complaint to me (I guess to make sure she had it right?) she put me on hold to discuss it with some one else and then told me that as the dealer service advisor said it was normal then there is nothing they could do!

I used to be in the car service business and usually the factory would be much more interested in what I regard is a serious safety issue. Anyway, I will pursue this with Ford management.

• 2 weeks later...