In transit

bdk

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

how did you get an email from ford? i placed an order 3 weeks ago for a 2012 fusion sport; any help is appreciated.

You can call Ford Customer Service/Marketing Department at 1-800-334-4375 Monday - Friday 9-6 EST to get BASIC updates on your car's progress. They can tell you when it's in production and an ETA to the dealer as time goes by, in my experience. HOWEVER if you want more information they'll tell you to talk to your dealer, they have access to more information.

Incidentally, the Fusion SPORT model wasn't being produced until the last week of July. Also the plant was shut down the first two weeks of August for downtime. Long story short, there have been a lot of delays for this model. I ordered one back at the end of June and am still waiting to take delivery.

Edited by geost1

how did you get an email from ford? i placed an order 3 weeks ago for a 2012 fusion sport; any help is appreciated.

A couple of other tidbits I picked up going through the order process:

• The first major milestone is the Window Sticker, you can download it about a week or so after you get the VIN # from Customer Service

• The date on your Window Sticker I believe is the Blend Date and you car should be build 1-2 weeks after that date

• There is a guy over at the Employee Forums that can track your car for you. However you might want to wait until you've got the Window Sticker to ask him, or not that's up to you. If you use his services make sure you read the rules first, this guy is cool enough to do this in his free time so you should respect his rules.

• The Fusion Sport is only a small % of the Fusion mix. So you should be prepared for a 2-3 month wait.

Congratulations on your new car. Just keep in mind that the cost of getting a BRAND NEW, fresh off the truck, car built to your specifications is the wait. It's hard but try to be patient...

A couple of other tidbits I picked up going through the order process:

• The first major milestone is the Window Sticker, you can download it about a week or so after you get the VIN # from Customer Service

• The date on your Window Sticker I believe is the Blend Date and you car should be build 1-2 weeks after that date

• There is a guy over at the Employee Forums that can track your car for you. However you might want to wait until you've got the Window Sticker to ask him, or not that's up to you. If you use his services make sure you read the rules first, this guy is cool enough to do this in his free time so you should respect his rules.

• The Fusion Sport is only a small % of the Fusion mix. So you should be prepared for a 2-3 month wait.

Congratulations on your new car. Just keep in mind that the cost of getting a BRAND NEW, fresh off the truck, car built to your specifications is the wait. It's hard but try to be patient...

Thanks just got my VIN

Thanks just got my VIN

That great news! :rockon: You can get your window sticker from this site once it becomes available:

http://researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

Keep in mind that you won't be able to download it right away, it'll give you a error message about the file not being a .pdf until you can. So if this happens there is nothing wrong with the site or your car the sticker is just unavailable. Just keep plugging that VIN into the site until the sticker comes up.

That great news! :rockon: You can get your window sticker from this site once it becomes available:

http://researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

Keep in mind that you won't be able to download it right away, it'll give you a error message about the file not being a .pdf until you can. So if this happens there is nothing wrong with the site or your car the sticker is just unavailable. Just keep plugging that VIN into the site until the sticker comes up.

nothing yet; i keep plugging it in and hoping

Edited by RawisTheGameHhH

Due to the aforementioned production delays it took 2 MONTHS for my Window Sticker, again about a week after I got the VIN, to become available. Once it was though that's when things started to happen. :happy feet:

2 months; ouch; my Fusion finally has a build date and estimated delivery date; not too bad; the order went through on 8/3 and the estimated delivery is 10/24; stupid navi delays!

...the order went through on 8/3 and the estimated delivery is 10/24; stupid navi delays!

Just don't get too excited about your ETA, especially a month out, as they tend to change. The first ETA I got for my car was Sept 26, then Oct 3, and now Oct 5. Delays apparently happen all the time in this process, and at every stage.

Hang in there and with any luck you'll be cruising in your new Fusion by November. Personally, I think the SPORT model is well worth the wait. :peelout:

Just don't get too excited about your ETA, especially a month out, as they tend to change. The first ETA I got for my car was Sept 26, then Oct 3, and now Oct 5. Delays apparently happen all the time in this process, and at every stage.

Hang in there and with any luck you'll be cruising in your new Fusion by November. Personally, I think the SPORT model is well worth the wait. :peelout:

yea I am prepared for a few hiccups; but its great to finally see some dates instead of holds

Heck, Im still waiting for my 2012 Fusion Hybrid with nav that I ordered in June. Right when I was about to cancel my order over a week ago, I talked to head sales manager (not my Sopranos castoff salesman). He had a meeting with the regional manager & my vin# just got issued. Talk about a mood swing I had. That was the 15th, Im still trying everyday to get a window sticker, but nothing yet. Man I cant wait to get that FFH. Hopefully all this waiting pays off. Should I be getting the window sticker soon? I try 3 different sites everyday. They told me the approx build date was first week in October.

Thanks & This Forum Rocks!!!

Heck, Im still waiting for my 2012 Fusion Hybrid with nav that I ordered in June. Right when I was about to cancel my order over a week ago, I talked to head sales manager (not my Sopranos castoff salesman). He had a meeting with the regional manager & my vin# just got issued. Talk about a mood swing I had. That was the 15th, Im still trying everyday to get a window sticker, but nothing yet. Man I cant wait to get that FFH. Hopefully all this waiting pays off. Should I be getting the window sticker soon? I try 3 different sites everyday. They told me the approx build date was first week in October.

Thanks & This Forum Rocks!!!

My build date is also scheduled for 10/3; but no sticker yet. I check the sites a few times a day. You would think they would put the factory orders ahead of the models they make the most. Is there really that many factory orders?

My build date is also scheduled for 10/3; but no sticker yet. I check the sites a few times a day. You would think they would put the factory orders ahead of the models they make the most. Is there really that many factory orders?

Heck, lets keep each other in the loop with whats happening with our Fusion build. It looks like your also in Chicago area & our Fusion might be built close together. I got my Vin over 2 weeks ago & no sticker yet. Even Sales manager didnt respond back to me. Im guessing our build data of next isnt happening. I have to admit Im really getting sick of all this.

Heck, lets keep each other in the loop with whats happening with our Fusion build. It looks like your also in Chicago area & our Fusion might be built close together. I got my Vin over 2 weeks ago & no sticker yet. Even Sales manager didnt respond back to me. Im guessing our build data of next isnt happening. I have to admit Im really getting sick of all this.

Actually I thought there was a production freeze on the HYBRID models until November??? In any event, I seriously doubt your location to RawisTheGameHhH has any effect on the order in which your vehicle is built.

Take it from the guy that has been waiting OVER 3 MONTHS :banghead: now for his car, don't try to read too much into anything. There are a million things that can happen from the time your order is confirmed and it arrives at the dealership. Just be patient and assume it is going to take as long as possible to reach you.

If you can't wait, then I suggest you purchase one off of a dealer's lot. Yes I know there are no 2012 HYBRIDS on the lot yet, there is a production freeze haven't you heard???

Edited by geost1

Actually I thought there was a production freeze on the HYBRID models until November??? In any event, I seriously doubt your location to RawisTheGameHhH has any effect on the order in which your vehicle is built.

Take it from the guy that has been waiting OVER 3 MONTHS :banghead: now for his car, don't try to read too much into anything. There are a million things that can happen from the time your order is confirmed and it arrives at the dealership. Just be patient and assume it is going to take as long as possible to reach you.

If you can't wait, then I suggest you purchase one off of a dealer's lot. Yes I know there are no 2012 HYBRIDS on the lot yet, there is a production freeze haven't you heard???

Im in the same boat waiting since June.

-Hybrids are being built now - Haven't you heard?????

-The Navigation shortage/issue has been lifted - Haven't you heard????

-Regional Sale Rep said it should be built first week of October

-Dealer wont get back to me with any updates. They have spewed alot of BS to me over the months so I pretty much dont believe anything they say anyways. Trust me, I know Waaaayyyy more than the dealers know about their cars & whats happening. You would think with all the time they have staring out the windows looking for their next kill they could do a little research. Oh well, I guess I have always been a strong believer of customer service. I'll wait a little longer & if no news at all, I will pull the plug on it. While I waited all this time I was looking at 2011 4 bangers with Nav, they were impossible to find also. I dealt with 4-5 dealers in the past months & have to say not impressed like years past. They were all stereotypical sales men from the Goodfellas cast, your best friend, spewing major BS until they realize they got your money or not interested. Names like Giovanni, and he fit perfectly what you expect somebody with that name to look & act like (no offense to anybody). Its just the lack of info & followup that drives me nuts.

Well, lets hope for a miracle soon. Cant sell cars if you dont make them!!!!

I am not getting a Hybrid; I am getting a Sport. My build date is still 10/3 as of today. I will let you know when and I hear more. I am going to bump my thread early next week with cyberdman to get the latest update.

Edited by RawisTheGameHhH

-Hybrids are being built now - Haven't you heard?????

No I hadn't. My bad...

Just found out from Ford yesterday that my delivery date got pushed back another two weeks!!! :angry: If it arrives on the new scheduled date that means my car would have taken about 15 weeks, almost 4 months, to arrive at the dealer.

What really pisses me off is that we're not exactly in the same boat at this point. They finished building my car on or about Sept 20, after almost 3 months of waiting at that time, and the rest of these delays have been with the shipping. It looks like it just sat waiting to be shipped for over a week!!! :angry2:

Talked to my dealer yesterday and expressed my displeasure in these delays. He's going to call Ford on Monday to find out what is going on. Up until this point I've been patient with the delays because they were for good reason, parts shortages and plant downtime. However pre-sold cars, like ours, should be given the highest possible priority in building and shipment. Mine was entered at Priority 10, the highest a dealer can put in, but there is also a higher 1-9 that apparently only Ford can use.

In a nutshell, a 1-2 month wait for an ordered vehicle is reasonable, 3 months is pushing it, and 4 is moving into WTF is taking so long territory! Ford is rapidly turning happy and excited customers into frustrated ones with the unexplained delays and ridiculous wait times! :banghead:

I just got my window sticker also!!!!! Oh Yeah!!! I talked to my Sales Manager yesterday & asked him the status of my Hybrid. H eclaims its still slated for production this week. I said how come I havent seen a window sticker yet on any of the websites he checked. About a hour later he said "here you go", Bam there it was. Then magically the websites I use to check window stickers all of a sudden it showed up. Coincidence?? My question is who actually creates the window sticker? Im guessing the dealer did something & it appeared. Cant Wait!!! Too bad I had to ask. 100% of the communication has been me calling dealer & asking for stuff.

its there

Nice.

Supposedly our cars have the hydraulic power steering instead of electric, but this started to show up on all of the Fusion Window Stickers for 2012 including the SPORT. Customer service told me it's a typo but I'm definitely going to pop the hood when my car gets here to check.

Nice.

Supposedly our cars have the hydraulic power steering instead of electric, but this started to show up on all of the Fusion Window Stickers for 2012 including the SPORT. Customer service told me it's a typo but I'm definitely going to pop the hood when my car gets here to check.

so what do these codes mean on the window sticker; i have heard people talk about the blend date and other things that are on the sticker.

so what do these codes mean on the window sticker; i have heard people talk about the blend date and other things that are on the sticker.

Well according to Cyberdman those terms you have been hearing about, like "blend date", are outdated. From what I've been able to piece together the date on your Window Sticker is the day your car is locked in for production, all the parts are ordered and the factory is committed to building it. Other than that there is no other useful information in regards to build or ship dates on your Window Sticker.

Just keep getting your weekly updates from Cyberdman in the tracking thread and try to be patient. If you want more details, the other thing I've learned is that the Dealer apparently has the most information and clout in this whole process. My dealer told me today that the rail-car shipping my vehicle broke down, hence the reason for the extra 2-week delay. :doh: He talked to Ford, passed on my disgust for all the delays :rant: along with just how long I've been waiting, and they transferred my vehicle to a truck along with several others. So maybe I'll get my car after 3 1/2 months of waiting instead of 4 or more. :banghead:

The waiting really, really sucks but the day will come when you're driving it off the dealer lot. :shift: Something to look forward to, at least that's how I try to look at it.