In transit

bdk

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't get built when they first said; its now 10/8; i agree with you guys since the car is sold already it should get a push to the front of the line

My Fusion Hybrid with Nav is also scheduled for this Saturday 10/8. Lets keep our fingers crossed. This waiting from June is killing me. Good Luck!!

my dealer also emailed me today about an hour ago saying that it was built; hmmm

My dealer told me the same thing a week before my car was actually finished, said that's what Ford told him. I think, don't know for sure just a guess, that our cars get sent to have the accessories and/or special body parts attached after they're built. So in our cases, our cars would have been built and then had the SPORT body trim pieces attached and any accessories installed. Again this is just a guess, but I know that my car was "released" from the factory twice. I also read another post from someone that had SPORT trim on a Escape that had his vehicle sent to a different facility to have that trim installed. :do what:

The good new is the car is being worked on and now it's just a matter of time. Soon they'll be shipping it, that's when things really get exciting! :rockon:

Ford's Customer Service on Twitter said my car's ETA is 10/23; hoping for no delays....

Well thanks to cyberdman, I was able to confirm that my dealer had been lying to me the last couple of weeks. :busted: Apparently rather then tell me the truth, he thought a nice story about railcar troubles and dealer reps would placate me. Instead it only pissed me off even more. :angry2: What part, if any, my dealer played in this delay is up in the air. Yet a MONTH from the time my car was finished until I'm due to take delivery absolute BS!!! :beatdeadhorse:

Dude I sincerely hope you get your car on the 23rd, but the biggest thing I've learned from all of this is how these ETA's keep getting pushed back. Hopefully I'm just the exception to the rule, one of the rare horror stories of outrageous order delays. Just try to contain your excitement until the day your car actually arrives, otherwise this process turns into a living hell. :tequila:

Oh and when your car does come in don't forget to post a photo, I plan to.

Well thanks to cyberdman, I was able to confirm that my dealer had been lying to me the last couple of weeks. :busted: Apparently rather then tell me the truth, he thought a nice story about railcar troubles and dealer reps would placate me. Instead it only pissed me off even more. :angry2: What part, if any, my dealer played in this delay is up in the air. Yet a MONTH from the time my car was finished until I'm due to take delivery absolute BS!!! :beatdeadhorse:

Dude I sincerely hope you get your car on the 23rd, but the biggest thing I've learned from all of this is how these ETA's keep getting pushed back. Hopefully I'm just the exception to the rule, one of the rare horror stories of outrageous order delays. Just try to contain your excitement until the day your car actually arrives, otherwise this process turns into a living hell. :tequila:

Oh and when your car does come in don't forget to post a photo, I plan to.

I have been following your tracking thread; not fun; if you are on twitter shoot FordCustService a direct message with your VIN and ask for an update.

I have been following your tracking thread; not fun; if you are on twitter shoot FordCustService a direct message with your VIN and ask for an update.

Thanks for the tip but I've never got into Twitter. This experience has been a bit of a nightmare :( , but I should have my car this week. :happy feet:

Still rather disgusted with Ford, and now my salesman. I'm sure I'll love this car, heavily researched, but will remember this experience when buying my next new vehicle. Suppose Ford could do something to make this right, like throw in an extended warranty, but would really be surprised if they care enough to go that far. :stop:

Hang in there dude, hopefully we'll both be able to enjoy our cars a little before the snow gets here. :peelout:

Edited by geost1

Thanks guys. It was a long wait but worth it in the end. :happy feet:

Make sure you both post pics when yours come in. :camera:

Hey guys one other thing. Also make sure you go over you cars carefully once you get them home, or at the dealership. After getting my car home, I went to adjust the passenger side front seat and found everything to be manual. That didn't seem right to me so I went back to the Ford website and found for the SPORT model the following are listed as "Standard Features":

- 10-way power drivers seat and 4-way power passengers seat

- Power driver lumbar/passenger recline

So after my long wait the factory managed to screw up my order. I'm going to address this with my dealer tomorrow and Ford should make this right. Absolutely love the car, hate the buying experience despite getting a killer deal.

Edited by geost1

Post a picture of it with the NAV. I wont believe it until I see it, a 2012 Fusion with Nav. :shades:

Sorry I didn't get NAV with mine. You'll just have to wait until yours comes in, then you can see it, touch it, and smell it. New car smell makes everything nice. :shades: