In transit

bdk

then what the hell took so long???

GOOD QUESTION! :idea:

It doesn't look like I'm going to win the battle over the passenger side seat either, called the dealer and he said it only comes with the Comfort Package (Option group 402A for us). Checked the 2012 Ford Fusion Order Guide and confirmed this.

Now this feature shows up standard on their website it you run through the "Build & Price" utility. When it asks for you to select an option package (400a, 401a, or 402a) there is a link that says "See the details", and it's under "Standard Features" there. It also shows up if you jump to the end and print the summary, again under "Standard Features". :banghead:

I'm going to discuss this further with my dealer, and probably will call Ford Customer Service to complain too. :rant: However I doubt I'll get anything out of it other than some useless lip service, sorry to sound so pessimistic but Ford hasn't done anything in my situation so far to show they care about their customers. In the end, they'll write it off as another typo like the one on our window stickers about the EPAS, checked my car and I've got the hydraulic steering. See now while I was sooo pissed, still am really. :angry2:

Still absolutely love the car though. Just picked up some supplies from the auto store, going to shine up her tires and wheels today for the weekend. Good times ahead... :shift:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy #$%#; that's great; hope to get mine soon too; it was in Kansas earlier this week.

Hey, Just heard from my dealer this morning:

"Just a quick update, the fusion has reached our Chicagoland holding yard. It usually takes anywhere from 3-14 days from there to get released and shipped to the dealership."

Oh so close, I can smell that new car smell.

"Just a quick update, the fusion has reached our Chicagoland holding yard. It usually takes anywhere from 3-14 days from there to get released and shipped to the dealership."

thats great; maybe ill get the call this weekend but im so busy that i cant get it till mid next week

Oh you're getting close to driving your new ride off the lot... :rockon:

here is what my dealer told me about my car about an hour ago...plot thickens

"I checked to see why your car hasn't arrived yet and the report said conveyance mechanical failure. It was in a railyard here in Illinois."

Your ETA is the 23rd, right? Go off of that date and ignore any of the BS your dealer tells you, unless you like having smoke blown up your butt. :blah: My car arrived on the 18th, took delivery the next day on its ETA date. That ETA is apparently the only date Ford seems interested in keeping, well until they push it back.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, with any luck it's at your dealer on Monday on time. :rockon:

Your ETA is the 23rd, right? Go off of that date and ignore any of the BS your dealer tells you, unless you like having smoke blown up your butt. :blah: My car arrived on the 18th, took delivery the next day on its ETA date. That ETA is apparently the only date Ford seems interested in keeping, well until they push it back.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, with any luck it's at your dealer on Monday on time. :rockon:

hoping for good news tomorrow...on my 30th bday

it appears they are in Chicago Heights; which is about 20 miles from my dealer; my dealer thinks I should get it Wednesday YIPEEEEEEEEE

Nice! I'll have to make sure to check the forums the next few days for a picture of your new ride. :camera:

Oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Mine was last month, see we both have similar tastes in presents to ourselves. :shades:

better news; going tonight!

Oh I knew you couldn't let your new baby sleep on the dealership lot one more day than necessary, neither could I. :shades:

Wait until you get her on the road and open up that 3.5... Then again, the Fusion was based off of the old Mazda6 platform, ZOOM... ZOOM... :shift:

here it is!

Very nice. You got blue, and from the NAV picture, I'd say matching blue inserts. She's a beauty, enjoy. :shades:

Oh yeah one tip, if you go to plug in a USB with MP3 songs on it and it gives you an error message just plug it in again. Mine was giving me an error message about not being able to play protected content, none of my songs are protected, from the device. It took several tries to get it to work, then again Sync is made by Microsucks! :lol:

Edited by geost1

Very nice. You got blue, and from the NAV picture, I'd say matching blue inserts. She's a beauty, enjoy. :shades:

Oh yeah one tip, if you go to plug in a USB with MP3 songs on it and it gives you an error message just plug it in again. Mine was giving me an error message about not being able to play protected content, none of my songs are protected, from the device. It took several tries to get it to work, then again Sync is made by Microsucks! :lol:

yup; sport blue interior; looks bad ass; need to get an ipod

yup; sport blue interior; looks bad ass; need to get an ipod

Nice. Blue was my second choice, looks sharp. The blue accents on the interior look nice too, when you get the blue exterior of course.

Disregard my tip on Sync. My music plays now but voice commands are out. The system either needs reset or there is something wrong. Either way, you shouldn't have the issues I'm having now. Also don't buy the cargo net for the truck, the kit I ordered didn't work because the hook threads were too large. Dealer is looking into an adapter but it's unlikely there is one. Ford isn't exactly wowing me with these quality issues, but thankfully they can be fixed through the dealership in one way or the other.

Just out of curiosity, how many miles did your car have on it upon delivery? Mine already had 26 on the odometer when it reached the dealership... :headscratch:

Edited by geost1