2 tier wages

gt452

( 1) you thnk ford is going to give us all them bonuses ( 2) ,you think we will get the new work ( 3) ,you think they will cap 2 tier, well heres a pretty picture of what can happen and i believe it will ( 1} ford can come in and take those bonuses away just like they have in the past (2) they can always take the work and move it somewhere else (3) 2 tier will become uncapped and they will never move into 1 tier wages, this is eliminating middle class plus people like us that are 1 tier pays for retiree wages now if 2 tier stays in 2 tier they will have to make their own retirement plus will where our retirement come from? ford eventually wants to get rid of paying retirement wages.once they get the 2 tier uncapped they will bring in more to out vote us then our wages will come down to theirs. ford will ask the union officials to come back to us and take it all away as they have in the past, people this is not greed to want to survive in this economy, we need to send a strong message to both union officials and ford motor co.we need our cola to survive the inflation that will never go away.by voting yes on this contract its showing that we are greedy,because they like to dangle that carrot in front of our face,plus its showing that we are week by accepting their offer again and letting them pocket even more.ford is in the bussiness of making money and union officials will get something for us to ratify this contract. we the people are the union,company and union officials like to sleep together and will get us to agree on anything they put in front of us. for the rest of the plants that have not voted yet we need to stand strong and vote no.

Let's remove all the emotion and try and think rationally. I'm not going to tell you I love this agreement. There are quite a few things I hate about it.

We all hear you, Allen makes a shitload of money. However the uaw has no say, or power, or influence over his pay. Like him or not, with our help, he has done what he set out to do. Return Ford to profitability. That my friends comes at a cost. If he's not paid well he could leave for more money and maybe we get someone like nasser back. No thanks. Now if you go back to when the company losses started, compare what Ford lost to what they have gained since 2009. You will see that we are even at best and more than likely still behind. So what happens if we reject this offer and go back to the table. Even if King got Allen to take 0 dollars in wages and give that money to us. What's he make? Let's say 80 million a year. Divide that by 41000 people and its under 2000 per uaw worker.

Now the 2nd tier myth. They are capped. That's going to be hard to change because even the most ardent yes voter would realize to uncap them would be suicidal for us. There is only 2 ways for that to happen. 1, we vote for it in a future contract. Or 2 Ford goes bankrupt, gets the no strike clause, stands their ground and forces the dispute to an arbitrator and maybe they win. Now I will tell you I voted for this agreement only because if the current economy. If in 4 years they have maintained their current profit rates, paid down their debt, then its time to pay the piper. 2 years is not sustained profits, 6 years is pretty damn close. I will survive this round to go for the win, next round. I feel that s strike at this time is just not in our best interest. But if it fails I will proudly walk the line with each and every one of you. This is how it works. Calling people dumb on either side is counter productive. I can live with this agreement. Maybe you can't or feel this is the time to fight. If the majority decides to fight, I won't be mad at you, I will walk the line with you. Let's disagree in a civil manner and see what happens. This goes for the yes voters as well, no scare tactics, argue the agreement on whatever side you wish. But don't promiss doom and gloom. Truth is none of us know the outcome until it happens. Good luck to all.

Let's remove all the emotion and try and think rationally. I'm not going to tell you I love this agreement. There are quite a few things I hate about it.

We all hear you, Allen makes a shitload of money. However the uaw has no say, or power, or influence over his pay. Like him or not, with our help, he has done what he set out to do. Return Ford to profitability. That my friends comes at a cost. If he's not paid well he could leave for more money and maybe we get someone like nasser back. No thanks. Now if you go back to when the company losses started, compare what Ford lost to what they have gained since 2009. You will see that we are even at best and more than likely still behind. So what happens if we reject this offer and go back to the table. Even if King got Allen to take 0 dollars in wages and give that money to us. What's he make? Let's say 80 million a year. Divide that by 41000 people and its under 2000 per uaw worker.

Now the 2nd tier myth. They are capped. That's going to be hard to change because even the most ardent yes voter would realize to uncap them would be suicidal for us. There is only 2 ways for that to happen. 1, we vote for it in a future contract. Or 2 Ford goes bankrupt, gets the no strike clause, stands their ground and forces the dispute to an arbitrator and maybe they win. Now I will tell you I voted for this agreement only because if the current economy. If in 4 years they have maintained their current profit rates, paid down their debt, then its time to pay the piper. 2 years is not sustained profits, 6 years is pretty damn close. I will survive this round to go for the win, next round. I feel that s strike at this time is just not in our best interest. But if it fails I will proudly walk the line with each and every one of you. This is how it works. Calling people dumb on either side is counter productive. I can live with this agreement. Maybe you can't or feel this is the time to fight. If the majority decides to fight, I won't be mad at you, I will walk the line with you. Let's disagree in a civil manner and see what happens. This goes for the yes voters as well, no scare tactics, argue the agreement on whatever side you wish. But don't promiss doom and gloom. Truth is none of us know the outcome until it happens. Good luck to all.