To those who said "let them fail"

Hard Driver

The "bail outs" helped many Americans across the country.

Story at:

My link

Possibly helped as much by the election of a Republican Governor. That's just as vague a statement and equally likely.

BTAIM, the severe economic impact on MI could also be responsible for driving property values down which makes moving into the state more cost effective vs. other areas of the country. Tax incentives play a significant part as well. MI certainly would be more motivated to offer inducements for commercial investments.

When you've been hardest hit, the pendulum is more likely to swing much further when you recover.

• Like 2

Possibly helped as much by the election of a Republican Governor. That's just as vague a statement and equally likely.

BTAIM, the severe economic impact on MI could also be responsible for driving property values down which makes moving into the state more cost effective vs. other areas of the country. Tax incentives play a significant part as well. MI certainly would be more motivated to offer inducements for commercial investments.

When you've been hardest hit, the pendulum is more likely to swing much further when you recover.

So are you saying the auto bailouts didn't help Michigan.

• Like 1

So are you saying the auto bailouts didn't help Michigan.

I don't doubt MI enjoyed the infusion of cash. I don't doubt they wanted it. I don't doubt they needed it. I don't doubt it saved the state.

And all the tax payers across this country funded it. Spokane, Miami, San Diego, Topeka, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, New York......got nothin' for the pleasure.

And the state also came in second "thanks in part to the effect of the" citizens electing a republican governor. That speaks volumes to companies who could be lured to the state.

• Like 2