Need Your Opinion

mtplifer

I have been offered rehire opportunity at four plants. I am being asked to rank the four plants 1-4. With 1 being most desirable. The plants are:

1. Chicago Stamping

2. Chicago Assembly

3. Louisville Assembly

4. Kentucky Truck

I have never been to Chicago but after some research I have found the areas around the two Chicago Plants not very desirable. Also I am assuming Kentucky is a cheaper place to live and I am leaning towards LAP.

Any of your opinions would help, like where do you Chicago workers live and am I assuming correctly that my earnings will go further in KY. Remember, I will be coming back as a new employee with a starting wage of $15.78/hour.

Right now I am ranking 1. Chicago Stamping, 2. LAP, 3. KTP, 4. CAP

I have been offered rehire opportunity at four plants. I am being asked to rank the four plants 1-4. With 1 being most desirable. The plants are:

1. Chicago Stamping

2. Chicago Assembly

3. Louisville Assembly

4. Kentucky Truck

I have never been to Chicago but after some research I have found the areas around the two Chicago Plants not very desirable. Also I am assuming Kentucky is a cheaper place to live and I am leaning towards LAP.

Any of your opinions would help, like where do you Chicago workers live and am I assuming correctly that my earnings will go further in KY. Remember, I will be coming back as a new employee with a starting wage of $15.78/hour.

KTP-"Oh please Brer Fox, whatever you do, please don't throw me into the briar patch."

Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby

Chicago assembly has a whole shift of temps and if they add

A 3rd shift like they say, it will be a whole other shift of temps , you might get a better job there.

You know how it is working the line.

Chicago stamping is a good pick plus lots of OT from what I hear.

In the end it's up to you!

Not sure why they gave you Chicago Stamping as an option. As of now, there are no plans to hire any new workers. Have 50 LTS waiting to get hired that were told they have no plans to hire them.

Not sure why they gave you Chicago Stamping as an option. As of now, there are no plans to hire any new workers. Have 50 LTS waiting to get hired that were told they have no plans to hire them.

Received paperwork Friday, it lists CSP (28 openings), CAP (190 openings), LAP (250 openings), KTP (100 openings). It states "the job opportunities will be filled strictly by seniority". I am hoping my '94 senority might get me into my first selection.

1. Chicago Stamping

2. Chicago Assembly

3. Louisville Assembly

4. Kentucky Truck

I too received this rehire opportunity.

I have no interest in moving to Chicago. I plan on declining the Chicago opportunities and ranking (1) LAP and (2) KTP. By doing so, I’m almost assured that I will get my first choice of LAP. The relocation timing for KTP is November ’11. The paperwork has to be returned by COB on the 23rd. So the likelihood of being contacted for a position at KTP is slim.

I think your seniority will get you your first choice. I can’t imagine that there are too many people on the PRC list. There’d have to be 28 people with more seniority than you on the list wanting that specific location for you to get passed over... Just be sure you’re able to relocate so quickly – the timeframe for CSP is December. At least the opportunity for LAP offers time to get one’s affairs in order.

Good luck!

Edited by Whereof

Received paperwork Friday, it lists CSP (28 openings), CAP (190 openings), LAP (250 openings), KTP (100 openings). It states "the job opportunities will be filled strictly by seniority". I am hoping my '94 senority might get me into my first selection.

I dont get it? Rehire with 94 senority? what did you do? if ur rehired you would be 2011?

I dont get it? Rehire with 94 senority? what did you do? if ur rehired you would be 2011?

Seniority is only being used to get back in the door. First day back will be my new seniority. I took the 4/yr Ed buyout in 2007. Once I get back in I am hoping to apply for salaried positions that fit within my Degree.