Remote Start - 2012 Fusion SEL

fusion815

I purhcased a 2012 Fusion SEL and had a remote starter (Remote Start System - One-Button 100 Series, With Push Button Start) installed at the dealer after it was delivered from the factory. I noticed that the rear defroster does not turn on with the car using the remote. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to turn the rear defroster on automatically? Is there a way to configure the system to do that or does it just turn the car on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

What really ticks me off on my 11 Escape is that as soon as I open the door the engine cuts off....every time. My dad has the SAME remote system from Ford on his 10 MKZ and it doesn't do this (all you do is put the key in, turn two clicks, foot on brake and you're off) ....I keep meaning to call the service dept. to see what they say, and it better not be a "safety change" for 2011's because what the hell is the point of having to restart it every time you use it (not to mention it causes more wear on the starter).

Nick

What really ticks me off on my 11 Escape is that as soon as I open the door the engine cuts off....every time. My dad has the SAME remote system from Ford on his 10 MKZ and it doesn't do this (all you do is put the key in, turn two clicks, foot on brake and you're off) ....I keep meaning to call the service dept. to see what they say, and it better not be a "safety change" for 2011's because what the hell is the point of having to restart it every time you use it (not to mention it causes more wear on the starter).

Nick

Interesting... Mine remains on when I unlock and open door. I put the key in and turn it in the on position and off I go. That must be a setting unless something changed for the 2012 models. I'm just concerned with the rear defroster on mine. Best of luck to ya!

The door shutting the engine off was a workaround for the MyKey feature. It can't tell which key you'll be using with the remote start so it doesn't know whether to enable the mykey restrictions or not. There have been instructions posted either here or on the fordedgeforum.com on how to disable it. Or I think the dealer can disable MyKey and that will also fix it.