State House Comm. passes labor bills Lansing, Mi.

1993Stang

The State House Committee up in Lansing passed labor bills limiting strikes and dues collections. This legislations would add county and municipal employees to the law that prohibits public school teachers from striking and set steep fines for public sector strikes and lockouts. It would make it easier for the employers to get an injunction to stop picketing and to require employers to get annual permission to collect union dues. The pac was approved by the House and Oversight Reform and Ethics Committee by a Republican from Rochester Hills (yeah, like he's a guy that represents working class people from working class neighborhoods, fat chance!) This bill would still have to be passed by both the House and the Senate (majority Republican, awful) and then signed by Gov. Snyder ® who said just last week that no legislation has ended up on his desk yet (how shocking that it will end up on his desk only a week later and he knew nothing about it! ).

Wow, and to think this guy was touting its all about jobs and getting people back to work in Michigan while screwing with the people that have jobs. My question is who would want to ever work in the public sector if this happens?

Do I think this is going to pass? With a majority of Republicans, you better believe it? Do I think they will turn to private, maybe. Do I think the IUAW better start thinking about those who they represent, absolutely! Is this headed toward Right to Work for Less, yes. Do the union members feel that the Company has totally BS them in getting an unfair contract using the old "We are not competitive" Do we feel the IUAW listened to what the company said and forced this total BS contract down the throats of its members, HELL YES! Guess what if this is the language, the IUAW could not even get the strike signs ready because there would be no strike if the bill is made into law. Now what?

If this bill goes to the private sector which if they are competing with states like Indiana who just passed the bill, it will go to the private and the IUAW will have to ask the same people that did not get their raise, cola, xmas, etc back in this latest contract to SIGN HERE FOR UNION DUES (permission only please). Now what? Seriously, now what?

Before a bunch of people slam me, I am not for this, totally and 100% against this. I imagine the future and all those people who were wishful thinkers and thought they were doing the company and IUAW a favor by remaining competitive in their wages only to be screwed over, not once but TWICE!!!!! We can't blame the hard working union members but we can put blame where it should be.

• Like 3

The State House Committee up in Lansing passed labor bills limiting strikes and dues collections. This legislations would add county and municipal employees to the law that prohibits public school teachers from striking and set steep fines for public sector strikes and lockouts. It would make it easier for the employers to get an injunction to stop picketing and to require employers to get annual permission to collect union dues. The pac was approved by the House and Oversight Reform and Ethics Committee by a Republican from Rochester Hills (yeah, like he's a guy that represents working class people from working class neighborhoods, fat chance!) This bill would still have to be passed by both the House and the Senate (majority Republican, awful) and then signed by Gov. Snyder ® who said just last week that no legislation has ended up on his desk yet (how shocking that it will end up on his desk only a week later and he knew nothing about it! ).

Wow, and to think this guy was touting its all about jobs and getting people back to work in Michigan while screwing with the people that have jobs. My question is who would want to ever work in the public sector if this happens?

Do I think this is going to pass? With a majority of Republicans, you better believe it? Do I think they will turn to private, maybe. Do I think the IUAW better start thinking about those who they represent, absolutely! Is this headed toward Right to Work for Less, yes. Do the union members feel that the Company has totally BS them in getting an unfair contract using the old "We are not competitive" Do we feel the IUAW listened to what the company said and forced this total BS contract down the throats of its members, HELL YES! Guess what if this is the language, the IUAW could not even get the strike signs ready because there would be no strike if the bill is made into law. Now what?

If this bill goes to the private sector which if they are competing with states like Indiana who just passed the bill, it will go to the private and the IUAW will have to ask the same people that did not get their raise, cola, xmas, etc back in this latest contract to SIGN HERE FOR UNION DUES (permission only please). Now what? Seriously, now what?

Before a bunch of people slam me, I am not for this, totally and 100% against this. I imagine the future and all those people who were wishful thinkers and thought they were doing the company and IUAW a favor by remaining competitive in their wages only to be screwed over, not once but TWICE!!!!! We can't blame the hard working union members but we can put blame where it should be.

This is the beginning to the end of unions.

This legislation does nothing but destroy unions

If this anti worker legislation continues to get pushed by Republicans the union will fail.

Once the union fails our contracts are void and we are at the mercy of the company to pay us what they really want ($9.00) no shift bumps or recognition of seniority, no paid holidays, no paid vacation, personal time, jury duty, bereavement pay, sub, tap, profit sharing and NO MORE BENEFITS

A vote for republicans in this election cycle will diminish unions

• Like 3

Labor is a big part of the economic equation and deserves some recognition.Us,the working-class,we are $$$$$$.Money is not some number the Federal Reserve types on a keyboard and sends to the US Treasury to print out on paper. US,the working-class,going out and on our own getting a job and doing something productive everyday is $$$$$.US,the law abiding,working-class who buy product and services then pay taxes to support corrupt crony capitalist and the corrupt politicians.If we dont stick together and fight for our mutual concerns then who will?We need politicians who tell the corporations that if they off-shore jobs they dont get a tax break.We need politicians who tell corporations like Wal-Mart that you MUST provide healthcare to your employees and stop freeloading on the backs of workers who have union negotiated health benefits.Geesh,how much money do these Walton people need to sit on.I mean what is left to buy?Immoral capitalist SOB`s.Buy a politician and negate a few million votes while waving a flag in my face!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

Labor is a big part of the economic equation and deserves some recognition.Us,the working-class,we are $$$$$$.Money is not some number the Federal Reserve types on a keyboard and sends to the US Treasury to print out on paper. US,the working-class,going out and on our own getting a job and doing something productive everyday is $$$$$.US,the law abiding,working-class who buy product and services then pay taxes to support corrupt crony capitalist and the corrupt politicians.If we dont stick together and fight for our mutual concerns then who will?We need politicians who tell the corporations that if they off-shore jobs they dont get a tax break.We need politicians who tell corporations like Wal-Mart that you MUST provide healthcare to your employees and stop freeloading on the backs of workers who have union negotiated health benefits.Geesh,how much money do these Walton people need to sit on.I mean what is left to buy?Immoral capitalist SOB`s.Buy a politician and negate a few million votes while waving a flag in my face!

Good post...

Good post...

Both of you good posts. This election is probably the most important election to keep the working class moving in the right direction. I can't believe there are still those as union members voting for the other side. How can anyone vote for Mitt when he clearly said "NO" to the autos. I get it, tax payer money but a No to the autos is a NO to the working class union members plain and simple. Again, Gov. Snyder in Michigan said, RTW hasn't reached his desk yet. But why would he say that? To me he was asking for it to reach his desk. He said it would be "divisive" but he never said he would not sign it if it reached his desk. I listened to his speech carefully. He is tricky Ricky with his words.

• Like 1

Both of you good posts. This election is probably the most important election to keep the working class moving in the right direction. I can't believe there are still those as union members voting for the other side. How can anyone vote for Mitt when he clearly said "NO" to the autos. I get it, tax payer money but a No to the autos is a NO to the working class union members plain and simple. Again, Gov. Snyder in Michigan said, RTW hasn't reached his desk yet. But why would he say that? To me he was asking for it to reach his desk. He said it would be "divisive" but he never said he would not sign it if it reached his desk. I listened to his speech carefully. He is tricky Ricky with his words.

Snyder has stated in the past, that while he is not asking for it, if RTW legislation comes across his desk, HE WILL SIGN IT!

• Like 1

Snyder has stated in the past, that while he is not asking for it, if RTW legislation comes across his desk, HE WILL SIGN IT!

Fact of the matter is one more cycle of Republican rule our unions will be destroyed and we will have no voice, no seniority, $9.00 pay with no contract, no vacation, no personal,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOTHING !!!

A vote for Republicons is a vote for destroying our union. Look no further than Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin. Republican Houses and Governors and look at the destruction of the middle class and unions.

Vote Republican = No More Union

• Like 1