Local 228 Election

Stugots

Hello to all my fellow brothers and sisters-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It has been a while since we last talked, but now with elections ahead of us in the near future I felt it was time.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Flat out, without a doubt, Paul Torrente is the person best suited for this job of VP.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And make no mistake this office of VP is a job. And shouldn't be just a way off the assembly line.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I for one would rather walk alone than walk in the Darko. I don't need you to hold my hand. I'm good where I'm at.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------As always debate is welcome. More to follow.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank you---

How do you like one local on the eastside, no more 400,228,2280 just one power house???????

---Thanks, but no thanks to 1 eastside local. We're good where we're at on that front as well.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank you---

---Thanks, but no thanks to 1 eastside local. We're good where we're at on that front as well.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank you---

If this is true then why do you say "SOLIDARITY" at the end of your post ?

No offense intended to you or your thoughts, but in my humble opinion solidarity does not mean consolidation.----------------------------------------------------------------I believe the merger of multiple locals would negatively affect the membership.------------------------------------------------------------------ Thank you----

• Like 1

Hello to all my fellow brothers and sisters-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It has been a while since we last talked, but now with elections ahead of us in the near future I felt it was time.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Flat out, without a doubt, Paul Torrente is the person best suited for this job of VP.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And make no mistake this office of VP is a job. And shouldn't be just a way off the assembly line.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I for one would rather walk alone than walk in the Darko. I don't need you to hold my hand. I'm good where I'm at.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------As always debate is welcome. More to follow.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank you---

I gotta agree with ya stugots , Paul really helped me when I first came to Sterling,and DARKO wtf ? NOT gonna be walking in the DARKO alone ! From the way he looks in the picture he needs a SKIN DOCTOR LOL !

I gotta agree with ya stugots , Paul really helped me when I first came to Sterling,and DARKO wtf ? NOT gonna be walking in the DARKO alone ! From the way he looks in the picture he needs a SKIN DOCTOR LOL !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- While I agree with your overall statement I just want to point out we shouldn't comment on a persons physical appearance-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you---

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Paul is the person we need in office. The other guy isn't even close. Maybe he could run for an alternate next time , and he could get some consideration possibly. How about the Plant Committee spot? I feel that Kenn Gafa stands head and shoulders above john combs. I don't understand why combs, who was a district committe person years ago has been hand picked and given special treatment by the chairman Wailyn. He was appointed to FPS coordinator and in my opinion failed. So then he gets appointed as ESSP rep and again in my opinion failed. So what happened guy? You run out of appointed spots to be placed in? Neither Wailyn nor jesus can help you get elected now. People on the floor are sick of all the appointees and secret appointees from this chairman. We want to see you earn it on your own. Which is unlikely considering when you lose, your pal the chairman will find some gravy job for you john combs. Its a damn joke and we are all tired of it..

you must not have very much time,the point of having one local is POWER . ask someone with 30 years or more. look how big local 600 is no one bldg get more than another!!!!

Bad example, local 600 is to big, i was there for a short time, ask anyone in the steel plant how they like 600. Perfect example why a local to big can over look multiple buildings.

You're seriously "leaning" towards combs over Gafa? How long have you been at Sterling? Have you been here long enough to realize combs is just an extension of neil? You might as well vote for the plant manager Broggi! Let me ask you partner, did you attend the last state of the plant meeting? Did you see the company men firmly plant their lips on neils ass? They are happy with neil because he had to "convince the membership to undergo drastic change". Changes that have made all our jobs harder. This chairman and his pals are hurting the membership. Combs is neils puppet. He has been appointed and shuffled around to protect him from actually having to work on the floor. I cannot and will not support a man who hides behind the chairman. On the other hand Gafa isn't afraid of hard work. He puts the membership first. Not politics. He doesn't need the chairman to write his campaign fliers. If you don't see the writing on the wall maybe you need to get your eyes checked. Combs is a part of the secretive, underhanded, company ass kissing administration that defines our chairman. A vote for combs is a vote for neil. A vote for Gafa is a vote for the members of our great local 228.

You're seriously "leaning" towards combs over Gafa? How long have you been at Sterling? Have you been here long enough to realize combs is just an extension of neil? You might as well vote for the plant manager Broggi! Let me ask you partner, did you attend the last state of the plant meeting? Did you see the company men firmly plant their lips on neils ass? They are happy with neil because he had to "convince the membership to undergo drastic change". Changes that have made all our jobs harder. This chairman and his pals are hurting the membership. Combs is neils puppet. He has been appointed and shuffled around to protect him from actually having to work on the floor. I cannot and will not support a man who hides behind the chairman. On the other hand Gafa isn't afraid of hard work. He puts the membership first. Not politics. He doesn't need the chairman to write his campaign fliers. If you don't see the writing on the wall maybe you need to get your eyes checked. Combs is a part of the secretive, underhanded, company ass kissing administration that defines our chairman. A vote for combs is a vote for neil. A vote for Gafa is a vote for the members of our great local 228.

A VOTE FOR GAFA IS A VOTE FOR MEMBERSHIP?

Please Kenn Gafa............Lets go back shall we???

Gafa runs for VP and loses :spiteful:

Gafa runs for Committeeman Wins with almost no opponents :grouphug:

Gafa Runs for Chairman with 6 months to go in his first term and wins with the help of the current administration! (other than Neil)

Gafa gets elected and it goes straight to his head :fool: and he accomplished nothing while he was there other than sitting at the picnic table for 4 hours a day with Larry Brdak drinking coffee in our area. :reading:

Gafa LOSES his election not even 6 months after narrowly winning (wonder why that is?)

Kenn Gafa is running so his daddy will get his friends to get Kenny boy downtown...we have seen this one before!!!

Remember Kenn was hired in in 1989..when nobody and i mean nobody could get hired...people who had return to work right were not even called but somehow daddy made sure sonny boy got hired..

Then 1 year after being hired Kenny Boy got on the trades list Daddy hook up again!so Kenny Boy wouldn't have to work production, he was way too good for that. :surrender:

Then before he finished his apprenticeship he was appointed the JAC job..one more hook up from daddy just like his cousin at Vandyke plant..wow how surprising..family inside hook up...then above is the rest of his story :elefant: ..so lets not throw stones at Combs he has my vote!

JOhn Combs for Plant Committee.

Loo,400now228 or should I call you neil? Cllever username but you're not fooling me. Having family in the business is part of the business. It's not a bad thing either. It instilss an even greater sense of pride for our company and our union. Kenn has earned his own way to where he is. Kenn narrowly lost the last election to you, but you did run a smear campaign didn't ya 400now228 I mean neil. What has john combs earned besides appointments? Vote Gafa!!

I gotta agree with DR, how can you even compare Gafa to Combs. Pick anything out of the contract, and ask them both a question about it, Combs will get back with you after he talks to Neil, Ken, will either give you an answer, or open the book and read it himself and show you how its written.

Your background about Ken is not entirely true, but i am not gonna get into a dispute about it cause its not relavent, what is, is how each of them will perform in that position. The only compition in the plant you can truely put up against Gafa for a union position, is Lets Make a Deal Neil, which if everyone knew how Neil operates, Ken would have not loss the plant chairmen position.

Edited by 228electrician

Loo,400now228 or should I call you neil? Cllever username but you're not fooling me. Having family in the business is part of the business. It's not a bad thing either. It instilss an even greater sense of pride for our company and our union. Kenn has earned his own way to where he is. Kenn narrowly lost the last election to you, but you did run a smear campaign didn't ya 400now228 I mean neil. What has john combs earned besides appointments? Vote Gafa!!

Neil :hysterical:

John Combs was my committeeman in Dept 16 nice try thou :fan:

I gotta agree with DR, how can you even compare Gafa to Combs. Pick anything out of the contract, and ask them both a question about it, Combs will get back with you after he talks to Neil, Ken, will either give you an answer, or open the book and read it himself and show you how its written.

Your background about Ken is not entirely true, but i am not gonna get into a dispute about it cause its not relavent, what is, is how each of them will perform in that position. The only compition in the plant you can truely put up against Gafa for a union position, is Lets Make a Deal Neil, which if everyone knew how Neil operates, Ken would have not loss the plant chairmen position.

Its very slime chance for a plant chairmen to go downdown, usually its the president or someone in the local, thats why Torenta gave up plant committee and is running for a position in the local, anyone that has ever worked with him when he first hired in, can tell you that all he talked about was how he was not gonna work on the floor much longer, and sooner or later he will be down town. I say let him lose, so he can take that position at Van Dyke, since everyone has noticed certain non-trade people (some former union kids) have, and are jumping ship, since all production in this plant is clasified as SURPLUSS in this last contract.

Tim The electrician,

YOU PERSONALLY BENIFIT directly from Kenn Gafa winning and Todd Harris because overtime would go thru the roof in Electrician/PYRO cribs, your another self serving person who will do whatever it takes get advantage yourself. Paul is not going to Vandyke nor is any of the current elected officials. But a scumbag such as yourself who is self interested would have people believe otherwise.

The truth is the truth that why you dont want to argue about history pal! :ohsnap:

Tim The electrician,

YOU PERSONALLY BENIFIT directly from Kenn Gafa winning and Todd Harris because overtime would go thru the roof in Electrician/PYRO cribs, your another self serving person who will do whatever it takes get advantage yourself. Paul is not going to Vandyke nor is any of the current elected officials. But a scumbag such as yourself who is self interested would have people believe otherwise.

The truth is the truth that why you dont want to argue about history pal! :ohsnap:

Yeah, overtime would go up just because one or both gets elected, what world do you live in, we are spread so thin as electrcians, and only recently started replacing some with ot, not as much as other trades. Wanna argue about the other part, come see me and stop hiding behind a keyboard.

Yeah, overtime would go up just because one or both gets elected, what world do you live in, we are spread so thin as electrcians, and only recently started replacing some with ot, not as much as other trades. Wanna argue about the other part, come see me and stop hiding behind a keyboard.

No I dont need to see ya. I can read a timesheet.

Just telling the truth pal! :camera: