ARBITRATION

Here is what we wait for:

1) The attorneys on both sides are done with examination and cross examination of the witnesses and agree that all evidence has been presented and hearings officially end.

2) Once the hearings are done the union and company attorneys produce the closing arguments (briefs) within 30 days

3) The arbitrator has 30 to 90 days to render a decision

So in essence I want to know when all hearings are done (1). Then I know that the attorneys have 30 days for briefs (2). Then I wait for the final and binding decision 30 to 90 days from the arbitrator (3).

Those are the updates that matter.

Great post. Most of the posters here dont understand the arbitration process and how lengthy it can be. The timing on hearings and testimony falls upon the direction of the arbitrator. Ford nor the UAW lawyers can speed this up or slow it down. Its the arbitrator that runs the show.

• Like 1

Word is every name on that grievance will get over 10K.. they don't want to settle it, they keep dragging it on and telling us this and that because the longer the money sits in the account the more Ford can make on it in interest. Ford should have just made it right with it's workers, they look bad over this more then they would have if they took bailout money. They favored themselves and their pockets over what would have been the "Right Thing".