Appendix J

snatchblock

What are the Team leaders capabilities? They seem to only be good at one thing. And I don’t think you can suck a car threw the shop.• Introduction to the Program

• Safety Overview

• Measurement

• Sketching

• Hand Tool & Shop Safety

• Power Tool & Shop Safety

• Fasteners

• Troubleshooting & Repair

• Safe Shop Practices

• Belts & Chains

• Power Transmission & Lubrication

• Metal Identification

• Basic Hydraulic Principles • Fluids

• Pipe Materials

• Pumps

• Actuators

• Directional Valves

• Pressure Control Valves

• Flow Control Valves

• Hydraulic Circuits

• Pneumatics S • Lubrication Systems

• Electrical Safety

This is the list for up skill. And you are going to teach this to some rod doctor that could not pass the trades test. Good luck. Sounds like trades got sold down the river. I guess should go give a bathroom break. his light has been on for about an hour.

So the company is going to send these leaders through a "fake apprenticeship" with over 400 hours of school as per the list?

I find that humorous :blah:

All it will take is one of these Faux Apprentices to get electrocuted, maimed, amputated or killed and this program will come to a screeching halt.

Imagine the loss of production when robots crash, conveyors pile up and building units of scrap.

WOW, We have over 400 of our union brother and sister tradesmen off their tools and and this is what we have to show for it. Perfectly competent trained people that can perform these task safely. Where is the outrage about this. If they put one leader into a training program to do traditional trades work and all laid off trades are not on their tools I will personally lead the class action lawsuit. Tradesmen, WAKE UP THIS WILL BE THE END OF US!

So the company is going to send these leaders through a "fake apprenticeship" with over 400 hours of school as per the list?

All it will take is one of these Faux Apprentices to get electrocuted, maimed, amputated or killed and this program will come to a screeching halt.

Imagine the loss of production when robots crash, conveyors pile up and building units of scrap.

What happens to a lot of "Tradesmen" when they go through the apprenticeship? Do they put everyones head in a parts washer to "fix" their brains? Why is it that when Trades talk about production people, it is as if they were referring to a bunch of powder monkey's f*cking a cannon ball?

Many of us "Production" people came to the plants with college degree's and trades from the outside. We have journeymans cards, diploma's and certificates as long as my arm. And a good dose of common sense; which by the way...they CAN'T teach in "tool school" Do you actually think that the listed skills required are above us? Did they convince you of that during apprentice training? Don't you realize how much we have performed in the plants already? Maybe I'm wrong...is it just my perception?

Damn man...I can turn a wrench! Lefty tighty...righty loosy... Right??? LOL!

Edited by Pulse

I have noticed that one or two from each trade is a super star . All the rest you just roll your eyes at . You know what I'm talking about " Hey Pat your in charge of holding Earls tools while he fixes everything ". Unless your the Pat of the bunch don't worry buddy.

apprenticeship traning consists of

"here hold this nut while I tighten the bolt".

"make sure you don't let anyone see you go in there, they may file a safety concern on you"

"lunch is at 9am, 11am, 12:30pm, 2pm, 3pm, those lights we will hang tomorrow time to go home"

"hold my cart for me please and watch what I do here"

"make sure you pull down the big red lever to cut the power"

"make sure you have you're lock out tags on you at all time".

lol