Ford Workers at Sandusky ACH plant

buckize

Ok..I need help understanding this one...

Even though the SALE of the Sandusky ACH Plant to Flex-n-gate from Ford is NOT final, a tentative agreement between the union and FNG is being voted on April 20th by the ACH workers and Ford workers wanting to stay with the new buyer...

We are being told that if the vote passes (which it will), ALL the Ford non-skilled workers upon ratification are "surplus" and can be forced to OHAP or Walton hills. Both plants have immediate openings which need to be filled..

Many of us (Ford workers) want to continue to work here as long as possible, and don't understand how we can be forced to leave considering the sale could never even happen!?!

Anyone able to shed some light on this topic?

You can thank your bargaining team for busting their asses to make you have to relocate.

Too bad they didn't work that hard to make the sale not happen.

When questions at the big meeting come, get ready for : " We're working on that "....." That hasn't been decided yet "....."I'll get back to you "....." We'll call good old whats-his-name up north, and announce it at the next meeting" .

Lotsa fat hogs gonna get butchered.

It's been "ACH" for a few years now and no one has been forced out before, only offered.. Which hundreds have already opted to do so, but theres still approx 200 of us left.... (There had been several openings in zone this whole time, in response to your reply.)

I perfectly understand if a sale is completed having to leave, especially when openings are avail in zone.

but that leads to my original post.... its not technically sold yet..and wanted to know if what is happening is "legit" or a "pseudo scare tactic"

Let me add this so no one gets ticked or thinks I whining about leaving..I love working for Ford..I look forward to working in a "Blue Oval" plant again no matter where it is. It's just I don't wanna leave a plant I've worked at a long time and enjoyed before I really have to!

Now I got your attention Dfisher! Exactly! To quote one of the bullets from the "Tentative Agreement" handout everyone was given about upcoming info meetings, choices, etc... "The Corporate end of the sale seems to be moving forward as well, with a sale appearing imminent."

Isn't this ass backwards????? Shouldn't that be done first with a vote and deal AFTER all the corporate ends are tied up????

• Like 2

Even though the SALE of the Sandusky ACH Plant to Flex-n-gate from Ford is NOT final, a tentative agreement between the union and FNG is being voted on April 20th by the ACH workers and Ford workers wanting to stay with the new buyer...

We are being told that if the vote passes (which it will), ALL the Ford non-skilled workers upon ratification are "surplus" and can be forced to OHAP or Walton hills. Both plants have immediate openings which need to be filled..

Many of us (Ford workers) want to continue to work here as long as possible, and don't understand how we can be forced to leave considering the sale could never even happen!?!

You did not fully read your letter. You will not be considered surpluss when and if the vote passes with ach workers. You will be considered surpluss when the sale date is announced. That could be one week, month or year. The union vote is irrevelant to ford workers. The business end can not announce a sale without having workers there to do the job.

Ford workers are getting boned by the union, forced to make a major choice without all of the information. To not have an informitive meeting before mondays job postings come down is just wrong. Apparently international and local were to busy. What could be more important than sending 200 workers all over the country.

The end is near.

Sandusky, Saline and Sheldon are being sold just like Chesterfield, Utica, Indy, Milan etc

The Union is not to blame for the sale, nor do they know the future. Postings are coming down and there will be no jobs left to go to once the postings come down. Minimal retirements for the next few years because of the retirement incentives.

I am thankful for the UAW negotiating buyouts so I can return to skilled.

Bail out now while ther are jobs posted.

Only a fool would stay at any ACH at this time

• Like 1

no details given til meetings held in 2 weeks! But as of end of shift thurs plant postings are only good til 4pm monday! Nice huh?

THIS !! While unlikely I'd take the reload it would really be nice to get the details. Hard to believe that the available posting can't be pushed back a week!

THIS !! While unlikely I'd take the reload it would really be nice to get the details. Hard to believe that the available posting can't be pushed back a week!

Reload??? You mean you are retirement eligible and you didnt take the $50,000 or $100,000 then reload with the new company!!! Oh crap was that stupid

If you are not retirement eligible its not worth the gamble...........

Get the hell out now and sign the postings

Reload??? You mean you are retirement eligible and you didnt take the $50,000 or $100,000 then reload with the new company!!! Oh crap was that stupid

If you are not retirement eligible its not worth the gamble...........

Get the hell out now and sign the postings

Nah, my bad. Shouldn't have used reload. There's been "talk" of some sort of buy out for non-retirement eligibles. Again,probably BS,but it could change some minds. Just seems ass-backwards.

Don't listen to a word the "General" says, he can't even show up to work on time and work a full week. The general claims that Ford workers are not supposed to work in ACH plants, well that is wrong, those that didn't sign up to leave can't be forced out.

the guy is a fat baboon and he is a company employee anyway.

:reading:

Edited by morepie

holycow response

The membership is being told that immediately upon ratification we are considered surplus and forced out...regardless of sale being final on corporate side.

But...in all honesty..we could have been forced out along, this is true, its just hasnt happened yet because our plant hadnt had the manpower that were extra to left people forced..right now they re scrambling to get 100 people in to replace the 80 or so ACH temps going to LAP as entry level..

So I guess, at worst, would have at least several more weeks til replacements could be found for us (Ford forcees)

You did not fully read your letter. You will not be considered surpluss when and if the vote passes with ach workers. You will be considered surpluss when the sale date is announced. That could be one week, month or year. The union vote is irrevelant to ford workers. The business end can not announce a sale without having workers there to do the job.

You might be confused with the "transition period" which is 4 to 6 months from actual date of sale..After which is when the "new" contract will take effect.

The timing of the posting deadlines before the " informative " meeting shows a lack of respect towards the membership IMO.

Certainly your committee will request the IUAW to bargain with the company to extend the posting sign up period.

Nah, my bad. Shouldn't have used reload. There's been "talk" of some sort of buy out for non-retirement eligibles. Again,probably BS,but it could change some minds. Just seems ass-backwards.

Make this some what simple. When Ford split off visteon, it was with a contractual obligation to keep the ford workers under the national Ford agreement for 12 years. Your time is up..Now they have the right, to move you to a Ford Facility, and they are doing so. They need to do so, in order to get everyone back under the Ford Umbrella so they can begin to hire 2nd teir workers in the assembly plants.

Yeah, I know...it SUCKS...but it is, what it is, and none of us can change it.

As far as the informational meetings, they are a moot point, as Ford is moving Ford employees regardless of what else may or may not happen in the ACH plants. Sold or not, there is NOTHING contractual that forces ford to have 1st teir employees in those plants any longer.

If I were you, I would make the choice of where to go, before Ford makes it for you. Especially since the 2007 agreement that takes the 50 mile from home plant rulling away from us. They can now move you wherever they want, and if you are low senority in the zone, you are going, or losing your job. If you are not low, all you can do at that time is force out and replace the lowest senority person in zone...and that may be someplace you really do not want to be.

• Like 3

holycow response

The membership is being told that immediately upon ratification we are considered surplus and forced out...regardless of sale being final on corporate side.

But...in all honesty..we could have been forced out along, this is true, its just hasnt happened yet because our plant hadnt had the manpower that were extra to left people forced..right now they re scrambling to get 100 people in to replace the 80 or so ACH temps going to LAP as entry level..

So I guess, at worst, would have at least several more weeks til replacements could be found for us (Ford forcees)

Flex-in-Gate won't sign on the dotted line to make things final unless they get the tentative deal with the UAW. They negotiated to the terms they can live with. That's why the deal must be accepted BEFORE the sale is final. Flex won't buy "what's behind door #3" until they see it. Hope this helps clear it up.

Does anyone know how flex-n-gate employees are treated elsewhere?

In comparision to a UAW-Ford facility not even close....

UAW Ford is the best place to work period.

Staying at Sandusky is a big mistake. Stay with Ford for the benefit of your good wages and benefits. No way will flexingate ever compare to UAW-Ford. Ever

I heard they are treated very well, paid lunch with free lunch, provides a gym,a basketball court,if you work overtime it's no more than an hour, if u need a day off there is no questions asked your granted the day.

Uniforms provided for free. Free season passes for your whole family to Cedar Point every year,

They will give you an extra $50 a week for gas so you can come to work.

They are working on other things to provide but they are still finalizing the details .

How do you know all this do you have Bill,Alan and Mark on speed dial ?????????? you work at Dearborn Truck not Flex-n-gate.