Big 2012 coming for Livonia trans

Tootoo99

I don't see how. Livonia makes the 4 and 6 speed rear wheel and four wheel drive transmissions, and there hasn't been any new construction other than tear out. also 4r is going away so we have those peeps to place. Sorry bro either your miss informed, or this is like 2 years out.

• Like 1

Livonia Transmission The 6R product lineup continues with a substantial capacity increase, while

the 4R line balances out. Plant investment is $192M.

Copied and pasted from the contract highlights of 2011

This money has long been spent... They have reported it several times as new, but it is gone... You wont see anything new until the next contract.

I am a tradesmen laid off due to lack of work.

• Like 1

Livonia Transmission The 6R product lineup continues with a substantial capacity increase, while

the 4R line balances out. Plant investment is $192M.

Copied and pasted from the contract highlights of 2011

That is already up and running. There is a rumor about a few more case machining operations but nothing that would create enough jobs to keep the people we will lose when 4r goes down, or add any lasting trades jobs.. Then there is an 8 speed rumor that "someones friend who works for so and so, who saw the machine orders... blah blah blah." I'll believe it when i see it.

I heard they wanting you to return cause your not wanted at your current plant.

Does the general have a job because it seems like your always on or are you one of those lazy guys that likes to complain about everything and doesn't work..

• Like 2

I dont see it happening. You could put half of FoMoCo in there however, place is friggin empty.

Cant see why Ford is keeping the place open, I thought they were trying to get plants up to capacity and running on multiple shifts. Livonia only runs two shifts in 6R, 4R is a lame duck and the new 6R3 just makes 600 a day. If I was a betting man Id say the place is two years from closure.

Lets see Livonia has won back to back Harbour Awards for the last 2 years. Supports the "Crown Jewel" of Ford the F-150. Has new product development and powertrain headquartered on its campus. So to all the haters take a long walk off a short pier!!

Man...isn't that so similar to what they said in Atlanta when the Taurus was the best vehicle in the Ford line several years in a row...even the year they closed the place. Careful...Ford does not make decisions based on quality...they make them based on PROFIT margins. If it becomes cheaper to build those tranny's elswhere...Livonia is history

• Like 1

Lets see Livonia has won back to back Harbour Awards for the last 2 years. Supports the "Crown Jewel" of Ford the F-150. Has new product development and powertrain headquartered on its campus. So to all the haters take a long walk off a short pier!!

So tell me why with all that going for it, do they have 550 production workers left in the building. Place employed 2500 ten years ago. North end completely empty. South end will be in two years when 4R goes away. Sharonville is full, Van Dyke had an addition added to get more work, while Livonia shrivels and quietly goes away.

New product center????? In all the time the ATNPC has been open there has been one, ONE, transmission line added to the plant. New product my ass.

Man...isn't that so similar to what they said in Atlanta when the Taurus was the best vehicle in the Ford line several years in a row...even the year they closed the place. Careful...Ford does not make decisions based on quality...they make them based on PROFIT margins. If it becomes cheaper to build those tranny's elswhere...Livonia is history

Exactly. Livonia is dead.

Just for your dumbship quality and productivity travel in pairs well thats all in Mr. Harbour's opinion because thats what he declared, and after all they dont call it the Dumbship Hours

Speak english, I havent a clue what the above means.

Edited by 182

Speak english, I havent a clue what the above means.

Ron Harbour has found that Quality and productivity are found together. Hence travel in pairs. Livonia has been one of the most profitable units in powertrain latley. Getting great numbers off 6R 1 2 and 3 And recently we addressed a vendor problem in a timely manner on good old 4R, all the parts measured within spec that were made in plant on 21 year old and older equipment!!!! So those my friend are undeniable facts.

Ron Harbour has found that Quality and productivity are found together. Hence travel in pairs. Livonia has been one of the most profitable units in powertrain latley. Getting great numbers off 6R 1 2 and 3 And recently we addressed a vendor problem in a timely manner on good old 4R, all the parts measured within spec that were made in plant on 21 year old and older equipment!!!! So those my friend are undeniable facts.

Guess what else is undeniable. Empty north end, empty south end, empty heat treat (not needed anymore since we will no longer machine any gears or shafts), 568-588 area will be dead in two years. Great numbers get us an empty plant and less than 600 production workers. Hell, we have too many people right now.

GMs Hydra matic plant invested in their 6R, had a new line up and running. Two years later GM closed the place. Look for the same to happen to Livonia once the 6R goes away, if not sooner.

Same thing happened at Norfolk.

People just don't get it.

Why Are there so many haters long live Livonia more jobs are coming there adding a 3rd shift in 6r and mr 182 you should be ashamed of yourself being from Livonia and talking bad about it if you are being negative about Livonia leave it because there's alot of people waiting to go back. Sorry Livonia isn't going nowhere and we are taking 6r jobs from van dayke and going to Livonia where it belongs

Why Are there so many haters long live Livonia more jobs are coming there adding a 3rd shift in 6r and mr 182 you should be ashamed of yourself being from Livonia and talking bad about it if you are being negative about Livonia leave it because there's alot of people waiting to go back. Sorry Livonia isn't going nowhere and we are taking 6r jobs from van dayke and going to Livonia where it belongs

Um no. It was either add a 3rd shift in 6R or start up the overflow 6R3 line. Yes, 6R3 is just an overflow line to build what 6R cant. So you can keep dreaming about 6R adding a third shift. Guess what, you have not refuted anything Ive said. Empty space out the ass, a decimated union, and no new work coming. You can talk about new work but until its in the plant and running its all rumor. Two years from now when 4R goes belly up, the place will be left with one line and less than 400 people working on it.

Um no. It was either add a 3rd shift in 6R or start up the overflow 6R3 line. Yes, 6R3 is just an overflow line to build what 6R cant. So you can keep dreaming about 6R adding a third shift. Guess what, you have not refuted anything Ive said. Empty space out the ass, a decimated union, and no new work coming. You can talk about new work but until its in the plant and running its all rumor. Two years from now when 4R goes belly up, the place will be left with one line and less than 400 people working on it.

Heres an idea Mr. 182 why not transfer to another plant since your so down on Livonia. I'm sure someone would just love to have a positive person such as yourself bitchin about their place!! Viva Livonia!!!!

TooToo started this whole topic , acting all happy that

another ford plant could go downhill and close!

general please go get a life do some work. Your always on saying something I don't want anyone to lose there job only you because your probly useless anyway...long live Livonia

The General is related to the person running this forum in some way, because the person running this forum is a company supervisor or manager.

General is a lazy idiot that comes in here along with Longball and runs his upper lip about how people should be glad they have a job and this and that. He is some old idiot that has to use his pump to get it up.

The General is related to the person running this forum in some way, because the person running this forum is a company supervisor or manager.

General is a lazy idiot that comes in here along with Longball and runs his upper lip about how people should be glad they have a job and this and that. He is some old idiot that has to use his pump to get it up.

Lol