rear glass scratching

rbmount

I have a '12 focus hatchback with 10k miles on it. I just noticed the rear window is getting scratched in the wiper footprint. The wiper blade is smooth and not dry rotting. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, does anyone have a cure? At the rate it's scratching, I'll have to get it replaced very soon.

One of the first things I noticed was the alarming amount of heavy grit that rapidly accumulates above the rear wiper blade. I lift and dust under it daily as part of my cleaning routine. The windshield wiper blades are nearly as bad and need the same care.

• Like 1

One of the first things I noticed was the alarming amount of heavy grit that rapidly accumulates above the rear wiper blade. I lift and dust under it daily as part of my cleaning routine. The windshield wiper blades are nearly as bad and need the same care.

+1

Very smart, mrgdr57. :yup: Do you use a rubbing alcohol based solution on a regular basis to clean the wiper blades?

rbmount - in addition to a simple daily cleaning routine like mrgdr57 described, for surface prep use a clay bar to remove embedded contamination from the glass, and follow up with an application of Klasse All-in-One. I've done this on all non-porous surfaces on my family's cars, including glass, with much success.

+1

Very smart, mrgdr57. :yup: Do you use a rubbing alcohol based solution on a regular basis to clean the wiper blades?

rbmount - in addition to a simple daily cleaning routine like mrgdr57 described, for surface prep use a clay bar to remove embedded contamination from the glass, and follow up with an application of Klasse All-in-One. I've done this on all non-porous surfaces on my family's cars, including glass, with much success.

Actually, I have a bottle of Prestone wiper blade cleaner and conditioner with a slotted sponge that I've been using for years.

That must be why we've always gotten along so well. <grin>

You have a 2000 LS V8 Sport. I had a 2000 LS V8 Sport.

You have a 2012 Focus 5 door. I bought my daughter a 2012 Focus 5 door (2 actually).

You're in California..............2 out of 3 ain't bad!