Reality Is Setting In Here At CAP

Decker

Do you work Decker or just stay on this site and complain ?

Line Worker

1 of 40,000

I`ll try to answer your question as best a Nut can dooo... dadooo... dadooooooo. opp`s sorry.

For the second part of your question, you can call it what you like, complaining thats good with me. Me I find a board like this to be a mutiple type of resource.

First, I do admit to using this site to vent, rant or complain. Good for the soul,,, get it out and take a deep breath.

Then second, I do find the site educational. No, really... take this post, it is a very good example.

Then third, there is the "Entertainment"!!!! There have been many a late night when I get a chance to read that darn General, he would bring a smile to this old face. With his quick witted posts and the way he can draw members in to some of the silliest posts by just being the General. I have to admit... yes a little giggle snuck out at times.... Speaking of the General where has he been????

As for the first part of your question.... Never a day in my life!!!!

Well maybe a few years of it??.., a long time ago. When Mom and Dad told me not to sign up for that government run summer camp. Who knew they would make you do some of those things at camp? (hanging out of a chopper was COOL at that point) Then that government paid vacation, way far away where the peolpe spoke a funny language. But their food was GREAT!!! Yep, that was work, about 3 years of it. (but, not one day more of that work stuff)

But, then FORD and everybody knows that`s not real work. Hell, just ask some of them southern Republiccccan Congressman they`ll tell you we don`t do anything..... Hey Armstrong!!! now there are the real assholes!!!

So, your LADYSHIP as you can see I`m exsackellllly what you susspecttted .... and on the nutty side tooo.

Decker

1 of the 1788 <---- like that don`t ya dear :shades:

Edited by Decker

I think the trades at DTP still got all the other plants beat,its getting closer though.At Ford World Headquarters there is an index card thumbtacked to a bulletin board that reads "CHEAPER THAN ANYONE" call The Rouge!

• Like 1

Just a little up date:

It seems the C crew was really short of members Sunday. Salary memebers were maning the phone banks like the Memorial Day Tele-Thon.... "Would you like to pledge 10 - 11 or 12 hours... please" Calling B crew members, funny thing not many answering their phones or jumping in their cars. Hmmm

Some members of the C crew will exprience something they haven`t seen in few years... "SWW Benefit" The radio`s were all a buzz with a term we haven`t heard in a long time "got the number?.. send`em home!!!!"

I think they caught a few new hires trying to sneek out one of the Training Center doors after the center was closed... just a few hours after their first shift started..... Seems possibly, we will be starting the new hire training orientation sessions again.... One of the most used phraes said in Chassis and Trim is "You got to be F`in BS`in me" then... MIA.

Everyone is really getting ready to start our SUPER DAYS!!!!

Fatso, I think CAP is in the running for the "Cheaper than Anyone" title....

How`s it work on holidays at DTP? We have been told maybe, just maybe the C crew could come in at 6am on Memorial Day so they could get home for the BBQ....at 4:30pm, they would pull a double from Sunday to Monday? Or four days of dayshift?

I know, I know.... armstrong, I can`t help it... I`m just a sorry example of a person who just dosen`t know how blessed he is :blink: Oh, La..Ja.. the Doc said you were right... completely "Nutso" :kuko:

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker

Just a little up date:

It seems the C crew was really short of members Sunday. Salary memebers were maning the phone banks like the Memorial Day Tele-Thon.... "Would you like to pledge 10 - 11 or 12 hours... please" Calling B crew members, funny thing not many answering their phones or jumping in their cars. Hmmm

Some members of the C crew will exprience something they haven`t seen in few years... "SWW Benefit" The radio`s were all a buzz with a term we haven`t heard in a long time "got the number?.. send`em home!!!!"

I think they caught a few new hires trying to sneek out one of the Training Center doors after the center was closed... just a few hours after their first shift started..... Seems possibly, we will be starting the new hire training orientation sessions again.... One of the most used phraes said in Chassis and Trim is "You got to be F`in BS`in me" then... MIA.

Everyone is really getting ready to start our SUPER DAYS!!!!

Fatso, I think CAP is in the running for the "Cheaper than Anyone" title....

How`s it work on holidays at DTP? We have been told maybe, just maybe the C crew could come in at 6am on Memorial Day so they could get home for the BBQ....at 4:30pm, they would pull a double from Sunday to Monday? Or four days of dayshift?

I know, I know.... armstrong, I can`t help it... I`m just a sorry example of a person who just dosen`t know how blessed he is :blink: Oh, La..Ja.. the Doc said you were right... completely "Nutso" :kuko:

Decker

1 of the 1788

Line Worker

1 of 40,000

Decker

1 of the 1788

At DTP, and now at MAP, holidays are still holidays...and no work. On Sunday, "C":crew will work the day shift, in order to give them a little more time with families. Monday will be a day off.

As for Holiday pay...with the 3 crew operation, if you are normally working on that day of the week, then you recieve 10 hours pay...if it is your RDO, you recieve 8 hours pay, So...For Memorial day, "A" & "C" Crews will get paid 10 hours so they get the full 40 for the week, and "B" crew will be paid 8 hours of straight time, giving them 48 hours of straight time pay for the week.

IF You should be asked to work on the Holiday, it is still double time for hours worked,(regardless of RDO) plus the hoiday pay and you can convert the holiday pay to a EAA day if you so desire.

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 1

At DTP, and now at MAP, holidays are still holidays...and no work. On Sunday, "C":crew will work the day shift, in order to give them a little more time with families. Monday will be a day off.

As for Holiday pay...with the 3 crew operation, if you are normally working on that day of the week, then you recieve 10 hours pay...if it is your RDO, you recieve 8 hours pay, So...For Memorial day, "A" & "C" Crews will get paid 10 hours so they get the full 40 for the week, and "B" crew will be paid 8 hours of straight time, giving them 48 hours of straight time pay for the week.

IF You should be asked to work on the Holiday, it is still double time for hours worked,(regardless of RDO) plus the hoiday pay and you can convert the holiday pay to a EAA day if you so desire.

Thanks trailfndr,

They decided the C crew will have the holiday off. As for our Trades.... thank G-D for them!!!! Lets see... two 12 hour shifts with starting times of 7pm and 7am. Soo, 7pm Sunday starts Memorial Day... Who is covering for C crew production Sunday for their 5:30pm start? Planning you just got to love the way management thinks a head...

Oh, they tried the "hey, why dont we bump your starting time back, oh lets say 6:30? Think midnight premium would be a big deal? LRO puts out a flyer stating "If you are schedule to work (RWD) on the holiday, then it is mandatory you`ll have to report"?? Oppp`s they were looking at the wrong "AWS" schedule when they tried that one.....

Then the survey`s started. But, that is a good thing... at least they are asking if people want to work Sunday and/or Monday. Members of salary (the same that tried the bump your start time back and reading the wrong schedule thing) have said this will work until they don`t have enough to run. Then the word "mandatory" will fall into place.

It seems CAP is not what some thought was going to be their answer to employement... a lot of MIA`s

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker

Decker, first off appendix w clearly states double time will be paid for work performed on any AWS work schedule 3rd RDO day, provided that you have met the required 40 hours regular time. Also concerning the AWS, I dont see where you mention how many jobs were gained for going to this type of work schedule. At DTP it added nearly 1000 jobs (including tag relief) and after all isnt that we are all about or should be?

Just saying

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DSP & DTP Body

Edited by ReDemption

Decker, first off appendix w clearly states double time will be paid for work performed on any AWS work schedule 3rd RDO day, provided that you have met the required 40 hours regular time. Also concerning the AWS, I dont see where you mention how many jobs were gained for going to this type of work schedule. At DTP it added nearly 1000 jobs (including tag relief) and after all isnt that we are all about or should be?

Just saying

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DSP & DTP Body

Yes Jeff, we have added close to that number here at CAP. Yes, as you said that is what we (IUAW) are all about.

I feel less upset with myself by misstating the white pages, now that others have shown the same signs of being human, those in our LRO department and some of our Rep`s have made the same mistake. When being asked questions by so many at any point in any given day, the possibilities of mistakes do accure . I have the feeling that you know the situation. (human right?) Talk to our Trades sisters and brothers then within seconds talk with entry level members and things can get stressful. Maybe not for a representitive with the years of dealing with the number of members as you have at the 600.

I have seen the numbers of entry level go up and here lately go down. We do have a revolving door going on here at CAP.

Is the 600 having to deal with improper cycle time on operations and/or with line speed changes? We here seem to have a major problem with cycle times. We have operations all over the plant floor that has our Job Standards Rep fighting on a daily basis. We started the "3 Crew" schedule last week and everyone was wondering by weeks end, what was going on. If you went outside it was unlike most have seen in a long time. Where did all the repairs go? Now there are those in management that are stating how "we" are getting the hang of it... "3" crew is going to be a "good thing", and on and on....

I do believe, they actually believe that they are really doing a great job of manageing the work force. But truth be told there was this e-mail that went out two weeks ago that stated there would be a "LSR" so as to trend into the "3" crew schedule at a more normal rate. Even with the LSR we have members (thankful for having a job) running to keep up with their task cycle time. I wonder what things are going to look like here at CAP in a week or two when once again our efficiency rates will be pushed "back" to what Ford needs to stay competitive?

Jeff, we have been on opposite sides of the UAW coin on other topics but, this topic is one we discussed at length before.

I take the side that the IUAW has worn out the security in numbers claim years ago. We both have been through down turns in the past and both have agreed on giving up benefits so as to fight another day. Then at some point the IUAW seemed to lean towards helping and keeping Ford competitive over fighting for what we once had. Or to even try to get something equitable in exchange for the labor the IUAW sells to Ford.

I have before and will state now, I too wish the IUAW had 1 million members. Or more. With that said I`m not sure if you were around when we were the biggest and badest union but I was. It wasn`t to much different. We had down turns and we gave up benefits. We got this for that or we recieved something for something we gave up. Yes the numbers were large but, stop and look what was going on. We had leaders that knew they had to bring something to those large numbers of members that had to add up to a fair deal. Now in no way am I saying everything was good and all the contracts benefited everyone but, if your leaning on the numbers game you`ll have to agree that like in a large local compared to a smaller local, numbers can be used by either side. Smaller locals tend to be given that fact (smaller) as a way to get what the leaders need to get done. Larger locals, (not always) tend not be influenced on that level as much.

We have agreed in the past that the numbers can be a helpful asset. The numbers we have now are the numbers that have been around for some years. The IUAW has tried to sell their services to many groups that provide labor to many companies. The IUAW has used many different tactic`s some old school, some not so thought out at all. But all in all, the membership has spent millions to try to sell the services the IUAW is selling without much return on our investment.

My point, numbers? really? the IUAW was yet to sell something that they have been giving away for a few contracts. Now they have started giving it away at a "50% OFF SALE". (ever try to buy a 60k truck with 14 dollars an hour?)

When the Germans have efficiency studies done right here in the states, then take back the data to Deutchland. The Euro Nations move production to the states. Japan has more and more assembly sites than ever before because of it. Honda buys 17000 cases of what the IUAW just can`t seem to sell for a fare amount..... If the IUAW wants to survive..... in my opinion.... they better realize what so many have realized.

The American workforce has proven (most unknowingly at times) that what we have, do and can produce is what so many companies seem to be wanting more and more of.... EFFICIENCY is the numbers of the future. Hell, Carl Ziess the most highly thought of optics manufacturer in Germany, has now open a cost efficiency plant ... drum roll... in the USA. Oh, by the way the labor in Germany is about 90% organized.... but then again the "numbers" in organized labor is higher everywhere in Europe than here.

I find it hard to believe that our leadership can`t see the hand writing on the wall. Give up that old worn out numbers game...BS... sell what you have. Hell, they do it in the Areo Space Industry...Efficiency rates that leave other labor forces PISSED OFF!!!!

Jeff, Second Off, nice to hear from you again brother. Remember same coin just different side. I know, I know... I`m the older crusty side, that has no blind faith in the IUAW.... humans, nothing more. Just saying

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker

Decker, its true that we have had some open debate in the past, but welcome debate. You know that I respect others opinions and I like the fact that most posts offer insite to the goings on at other plants. We dont have much of the line speed issue at DTP Body, but we did just get past a huge struggle with a rebalance and we won our case with the help and support of our members and the IUAW.

Please understand that I dont feel that we should sell the farm to keep the chicken. We need to understand whats at the table and does it fit the needs of our membership at the time. AWS work schedules are hard, tag relief is hard but both increase our membership, we just need to iron out the issues.

Anyways, I wasnt meaning to sound like an ass, I was just trying to be informational. I see that others had already answered the topic question (I was lazy and didnt read all 3 pages) sorry brother.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DSP & DTP Body

• Like 1

Oh forgot,

Line Worker

1 of 40,000

LadyJaguar

We here at CAP can`t seem to get our LRO department to even remotely see the picture. LRO is looking out the window thinking of things they would rather be doing instead of thinking about how the plant could run just a little better or easier or should I say..."business like".

So, nope DTP like other plants do things completely different then here at CAP..... C crew starts at 5:30pm today. As for Trades coverage for the C crew???? we will see.

So yes the phone banks are running strong.... Its the Sunday Morning/Afternoon, "B" crew Tele - a - Thon!!!! "would you be willing to pledge 10 - 11 or 12 hours... please"

Decker

1 of the many happy campers

Decker, its true that we have had some open debate in the past, but welcome debate. You know that I respect others opinions and I like the fact that most posts offer insite to the goings on at other plants. We dont have much of the line speed issue at DTP Body, but we did just get past a huge struggle with a rebalance and we won our case with the help and support of our members and the IUAW.

Please understand that I dont feel that we should sell the farm to keep the chicken. We need to understand whats at the table and does it fit the needs of our membership at the time. AWS work schedules are hard, tag relief is hard but both increase our membership, we just need to iron out the issues.

Anyways, I wasnt meaning to sound like an ass, I was just trying to be informational. I see that others had already answered the topic question (I was lazy and didnt read all 3 pages) sorry brother.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DSP & DTP Body

Jeff how true, I too welcome open debate and have learned from your points of view in the past.

I agree we don`t need to sell the farm, we should possibly change our approach at marketing the chicken.

Again, great to get the feed back. Hearing what is going on at other plants is a positive advantage for us all.

Decker

1 of the 1788

LadyJaguar

We here at CAP can`t seem to get our LRO department to even remotely see the picture. LRO is looking out the window thinking of things they would rather be doing instead of thinking about how the plant could run just a little better or easier or should I say..."business like".

So, nope DTP like other plants do things completely different then here at CAP..... C crew starts at 5:30pm today. As for Trades coverage for the C crew???? we will see.

So yes the phone banks are running strong.... Its the Sunday Morning/Afternoon, "B" crew Tele - a - Thon!!!! "would you be willing to pledge 10 - 11 or 12 hours... please"

Decker

MR. Decker why do you respond to L.J. this person will be the first one in the Green Room on tuesday. :headspin:

LadyJaguar

Decker

I wonder how many more they will need next week after these new people get a slight taste of the HEAT.

• Like 1

MR. Decker why do you respond to L.J. this person will be the first one in the Green Room on tuesday. :headspin:

I have friends on here that take me seriously cause they know I provided good info!

Go back to your cornor with Bigcountry and just wish you could be as smart as me!

People, will be people....

Well, they called in members off the B crew yesterday. Sunday.

The topic of discussion for most (not all) C crew members was "how come they(B crew) get "all" of the OT?" Then the other questions just kept coming... Will we get sent home early, "again?" Can they (management) call us in for OT on the A or B crews? When does holiday pay start? Why haven`t we got a 10 hour day, yet this week? How will the SWW benefit work with holiday pay? and on and on.....

Then there are the C crew members that are pissed. They are showing their pissed off ness through their emotional exchanges with our Rep.`s. Of course the C crew is upset with their pay, hours and OT...then there are those the jump at the chance to "go home". Yep, the same members complaining about the B crew members getting "all of the" OT... yep, you guess it... went home when asked????

Of course there is the constant statements "fruck this!!!... I am going back to "MY" shift". "When the Hell!!! can I bump back to A or B crew?" Then the "Fair" statements... Its not fair and how can this be fair? and the one that keeps coming up that has a personal point for me... "DDDTMYDK" "Dam it Decker, Don`t Tell Me You Don`t Know".....

Well people, welcome to the world of "perpetual uncertainty" that is our beloved CAP. As for the OT thing? Do you think the C crew was put into place to run OT? or to reduce OT? It is now apart of the managements radio discussions every hour, (no not safety issues) "whats the numbers", "get me the numbers" and "send them home".

As for the "Fair" statements, people, people this is a business. It doesn`t say "Fair Motor Company" on the Blue Oval. Is there a "F" in our Unions title (FUAW or UAWF) no... NOW... knock it off, you that think there should be... that doesn`t count.

All I can say is, its about three years away, "Negotiations"... So hold on, as so many have said its not going to be fair or we most likely won`t enjoy it and yes it is going to be bumpy uncertin ride. A new contract in THREE YEARS...... hope on the horizon?

Ok, its cooled down enough. Back to the bike!!!! Thanks to all those that served and pray for those that gave all. We owe them everything.

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

The topic of discussion for most (not all) C crew members was "how come they(B crew) get "all" of the OT?" Then the other questions just kept coming... Will we get sent home early, "again?" Can they (management) call us in for OT on the A or B crews? When does holiday pay start? Why haven`t we got a 10 hour day, yet this week? How will the SWW benefit work with holiday pay? and on and on.....

All the OT? A shift went between 9.3 and 9.8 all week. It was a SWW for most. I'm sure they can get called for A or B shift. I have been called for both C and B shift. Also like I said before, when the heat starts and the lines get to full speed, non stop, there will be people leaving and open spots on all three shifts.

• Like 1