G\CNG Cars When?

It depends.

Do you want to buy it from a Ford dealer with a full Ford warranty ? Then you will have a long wait, because Ford believes that the only demand is in the commercial markets, which does NOT inculde any of those vehicles or the F150 ! In the "commercial market" (E250-450, F250-750, Transit and Transit Connect) Ford is doing the minimum to allow the after market to retrofit a vehicle.

Not worried about a full Ford Warranty ?

I believe the conversion was done by Altech Eco

I think Ford should be ready, because the CNG wave is coming very soon. As fueling centers begin to dot the map more and more people will be willing to use this option. And my take is that if I had a CNG fueling/solar recharging center in my garage and owned a hybrid/cng the money I save would be tremendous and I would think this would push FORD to the top of the ECO pile....like Lee Iaccoca used to say "Lead , Follow or get out of the way! "

My HVAC guy has two CNG work trucks. He converted both himself in 2007-08. His main truck is based on a 1986 GMC pickup. He can fill it up for about $2.00 per gallon gas equivalent. When he first converted his trucks, he had all kinds of options for filling up his CNG tank. A number of the stations were run by the Maryland state government and have since either closed completely or have been closed to non-government vehicles. Today, he has two stations that he can use but both are over 30 miles from his home base so he mainly uses gas around town but fills up with CNG any time he is near a station or will make a detour if he's going to a farther away customer (like me). He's quite upset that the government has limited access to stations, frequently in the name of "security".

He doesn't have natural gas at his home or he'd have a home compressor so he's now leasing a Nissan Leaf to see if he could turn one into a work truck for smaller jobs since electricity is everywhere. I would be all about a natural gas vehicle if fueling up outside the home was a realistic option in the mid atlantic region. I would be all about a two mode vehicle where I could run gas on road trips if needed and CNG for commuting. I frequently see a CNG Honda Civic in the parking garage at work. It has Virginia tags so the owner must fuel it at home.

As Ford touts the CNG F series the conversion information should be almost off the shelf tech and following the story found many CNG stations and the prices were in the $1.50-$2.00 range http://www.cngprices.com/station_map.php this link shows locations all over the place.Not trying to beat the drum to hard you can do fill ups at home too, with a pump station.Just the same effort as say plugging in a electric.I wish I could cut my tie with the gas stations.

As Ford touts the CNG F series the conversion information should be almost off the shelf tech and following the story found many CNG stations and the prices were in the $1.50-$2.00 range http://www.cngprices...station_map.php this link shows locations all over the place.Not trying to beat the drum to hard you can do fill ups at home too, with a pump station.Just the same effort as say plugging in a electric.I wish I could cut my tie with the gas stations.

The price of CNG has been fairly constant for more than 5 years.

Ford only "approves" conversion on F250/E250 and up as well as the Transit Connect.

Lots of folks talk about CNG, but stop when they find out the aftermaket conversion start at $10-12K.