'13 Escape on order...

btbrewer

Just ordered my first Ford. A 2013 Escape. Looking forward to getting it soon. Hope to keep up with useful info on here. Already going to search on the topic of the foot activated liftgate. I got the towing package, so I understand that this feature is disabled. I saw one at the dealer and it appeared to still have the sensors in place. Hoping someone will have a way to enable this feature when I'm not towing.

Just ordered my first Ford. A 2013 Escape. Looking forward to getting it soon. Hope to keep up with useful info on here. Already going to search on the topic of the foot activated liftgate. I got the towing package, so I understand that this feature is disabled. I saw one at the dealer and it appeared to still have the sensors in place. Hoping someone will have a way to enable this feature when I'm not towing.

Congratulations and welcome. Let's see, from the clues you have given, I'll guess you ordered a Titanium because the Titanium with the 2.0 is a better value than upgrading an SEL. What options other than the tow pkg did you get?

Edited by transitman

• 1 month later...

Congratulations and welcome. Let's see, from the clues you have given, I'll guess you ordered a Titanium because the Titanium with the 2.0 is a better value than upgrading an SEL. What options other than the tow pkg did you get?

Exactly, SEL doesn't make any sense - if you add just a couple of options it gets so expensive that the Titanium appears to be a much better deal. I've ordered 2013 Escape Titanium + parking tech + navigation. So, a lot of gadgets and no unnesessary luxury options like full leather and moonroof :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply. I did get the Titanium. I selected all of the options. It's fantastic. Having driven it (well mostly my wife drives it) for a few months now I have had to look hard to find any complaints. Not even complaints, just minor room for improvements. Here goes:

1. Bigger gas tank - mileage is good but range is too short. Would be nice to have a few more gallons on board

2. Rain sensing wipers could be improved - I have this feature on a 2007 Audi A3 and works much better there. Seems the Ford is a little conservative when it comes to wiper speed and how quickly it reacts to splashes. Still a great feature, but learn from Audi (or others)

That's all that I can come up with. It's a really great vehicle and we are very happy.

Cheers!