FORD relentless & hanging on !!!

"Tank"McRoy

This is why people are losing their jobs at Ford, I refuse to go to Target, Walmart or any other business that pursues the cheapest products in the world. Now all of the plants are being closed, gas is $3 a gallon and everyones crying. Everyone think about this, pay $1 more for a pack of socks made in America, pay $10 more for a pair of shoes made in America,ect..... now China dosnt have the money or need to expand their economy. End result, there are less cars sold in China, less demand for oil and cheaper oil and resources for Americans. All these f-up Republicans that talk about how good free trade is for America, are too stupid to tell you theres a payback. The payback comes when there are no decent manufacturing jobs in America, oil, steel and other resources are expensive due to the foriegn demand, and the trillion dollar a year trade deficit is called by the rest of the world, forcing the good old USA to become a third world country. Next year? probably not I guess 20 to 25 years. But its coming open your eyes, and quit buying all of these crooked politicians double talk. Walmart is pulling out of Germany because the Germans support there own companies, as do the Japs. WAKE UP, BUY AMERICAN, if someone comes to your house to paint it and they pull up in a Jap car, tell them I'm not giving you my money to send overseas, because It wont come back to me. Maybe if we all try a little harder, things will change. I told my doctor, who drove a lexus that I wont be back to see him until he can support my brothers in the USA. Id rather die first.

This is why people are losing their jobs at Ford, I refuse to go to Target, Walmart or any other business that pursues the cheapest products in the world. Now all of the plants are being closed, gas is $3 a gallon and everyones crying. Everyone think about this, pay $1 more for a pack of socks made in America, pay $10 more for a pair of shoes made in America,ect..... now China dosnt have the money or need to expand their economy. End result, there are less cars sold in China, less demand for oil and cheaper oil and resources for Americans. All these f-up Republicans that talk about how good free trade is for America, are too stupid to tell you theres a payback. The payback comes when there are no decent manufacturing jobs in America, oil, steel and other resources are expensive due to the foriegn demand, and the trillion dollar a year trade deficit is called by the rest of the world, forcing the good old USA to become a third world country. Next year? probably not I guess 20 to 25 years. But its coming open your eyes, and quit buying all of these crooked politicians double talk. Walmart is pulling out of Germany because the Germans support there own companies, as do the Japs. WAKE UP, BUY AMERICAN, if someone comes to your house to paint it and they pull up in a Jap car, tell them I'm not giving you my money to send overseas, because It wont come back to me. Maybe if we all try a little harder, things will change. I told my doctor, who drove a lexus that I wont be back to see him until he can support my brothers in the USA. Id rather die first.

You seemed to forget the even bigger fuck ups: The Democrats! They're just as bad as the Republicans if not WORSE! They sold the union rank and file out. :headscratch: :cheerleader: :pig: :slap: How can rank and file union people continue to support them is just beyond me. :headscratch: IGNORANCE IS BLISS ISN'T IT? :fan: :fan:

Mexican Treats to go with your wheat. Fusions in the cereal of Kellogs. "THERE GR RRR RR EAT" http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060730/ford_cereal.html?.v=2

Hey IPITYDAFOOL: I think the Detroit News read your reply because in today's news they have a headline that said "They'ree GRRREAT!"

How about that? Go to www.detnews.com and look for yourself!

I'll be looking in my cereal for one of them there toys!

:play::play::play::play:

The Democrats! They're just as bad as the Republicans if not WORSE! They sold the union rank and file out. :headscratch: :cheerleader: :pig: :slap: How can rank and file union people continue to support them is just beyond me.

The UAW has to support the Democrats because they pass laws that keep the UAW officials out of jail.

OK, let's cut to the chase. Why don't you or anyone else tell me what they are going to do for a living after they lose their auto manufacturing job and what they believe they will make at that job. Will you make ninty percent of your current pay? Will you make 75 percent of your pay, or will you make 50 percent? Be specific so we can all evaluate if you're just bullshitting.

The auto industry is screwed up from top to bottom, no doubt about it, but it is uaw members that are going to get the golden screw out of this, and anyone who can read writing on the wall could have read that long ago.

What about you Dark? You keep telling me how you'll finish up your MCSE this year, what do you think you'll be making starting out in the IT field?

I'll answer that question Davdog. Since the announcement of the closing of NAP I have been job hunting. Here in the Norfolk, Va area the going wage is $12-$16 per hour for non - union construction electrician, approx. $20.70 per hour for an I.B.E.W. electrician, and top end is about $26 to $28 per hour depending on which company you apply for ( Anheuser-Busch, Ball Metal, International Paper ) in the industrial field. In North Carolina there are one or two more opportunities, but for me, it's too far to drive. Also, moving out of the area is out because of family health issues with my wife's father.

I knew when I hired in at Ford it was like hitting the lottery. It was a good ride while it lasted, I learned alot, and hopefully it will guide me to my next job with whatever company I can get my foot in the door with.

I'll answer that question Davdog. Since the announcement of the closing of NAP I have been job hunting. Here in the Norfolk, Va area the going wage is $12-$16 per hour for non - union construction electrician, approx. $20.70 per hour for an I.B.E.W. electrician, and top end is about $26 to $28 per hour depending on which company you apply for ( Anheuser-Busch, Ball Metal, International Paper ) in the industrial field. In North Carolina there are one or two more opportunities, but for me, it's too far to drive. Also, moving out of the area is out because of family health issues with my wife's father.

I knew when I hired in at Ford it was like hitting the lottery. It was a good ride while it lasted, I learned alot, and hopefully it will guide me to my next job with whatever company I can get my foot in the door with.

Have you got the right attitude or what? If you were an electrician at the ford plant can you slide into one of those I.B.E.W slots?

Have you got the right attitude or what? If you were an electrician at the ford plant can you slide into one of those I.B.E.W slots?

To go back with the I.B.E.W. , all I have to do is sign the books and wait for a job opening. Work out of Local #80 looks good right now and I believe the books are close to empty. I have been asked to resume teaching apprentices when my time with Ford is done. That would be a part time job being that classes are held twice aweek. I am currently in the middle of the hiring process with one of the companies I previously mentioned.

Simpleman told you how it works about signing the books for a job in the I.B.E.W. I sure he would tell you the same most will tell you about coming to Ford to work, job security, overtime, warm in the winter, and knowing where to go everyday to name a few. Based on forty hours the pay is close, the benni's are close, and the retirement is close. When I hired in the boss asked me if I could handle working ALOT of overtime because we FIX things on the weekends. He said that this is normal here and we expect it if you what a job here, boy have times changed. The year I hired into Ford I worked 3 months out of 9 I was hungry, talk about a lottery.

Simpleman told you how it works about signing the books for a job in the I.B.E.W. I sure he would tell you the same most will tell you about coming to Ford to work, job security, overtime, warm in the winter, and knowing where to go everyday to name a few. Based on forty hours the pay is close, the benni's are close, and the retirement is close. When I hired in the boss asked me if I could handle working ALOT of overtime because we FIX things on the weekends. He said that this is normal here and we expect it if you what a job here, boy have times changed. The year I hired into Ford I worked 3 months out of 9 I was hungry, talk about a lottery.

no more OT, weeks laid off, stock is down, sales are in the pits, gas prices staying high......all these things point to NAP not making it through 2007. The smart people are out looking for something more sustainable right now. If you can find something more stable (if that really does exist) it's probably to your advantage to take it and run. It may mean an adjustment to your lifestyle, but it would be better for your physical and psycological well-being in the long run. good luck

It is sad that the American work force is in such bad shape. However, we have no one to blame but ourshelves. We have become a greedy as the cooporations. We are always looking for something for nothing. At our plant we have people destroying restrooms, trashing lunch rooms and littering the hell out of parking lots. You might say, "So what." Well that all cost money to fix and clean up. Employees stealing items from the plant, etc. Just because some employees can't get their way. Then we have the GEN pool. Once again paying people not to do nothing. That's the auto companies welfare system, and we know how our welfare systems work. Just my thoughts....I think our fore fathers would be very disappointed in all of us, because they worked very hard for everything they got.

It is sad that the American work force is in such bad shape. However, we have no one to blame but ourshelves. We have become a greedy as the cooporations. We are always looking for something for nothing. At our plant we have people destroying restrooms, trashing lunch rooms and littering the hell out of parking lots. You might say, "So what." Well that all cost money to fix and clean up. Employees stealing items from the plant, etc. Just because some employees can't get their way. Then we have the GEN pool. Once again paying people not to do nothing. That's the auto companies welfare system, and we know how our welfare systems work. Just my thoughts....I think our fore fathers would be very disappointed in all of us, because they worked very hard for everything they got.

I guess the post above yours is another perfect example.

How about "CUT THAT CHECK" and a $50,000 voucher toward a new vehicle(s) sound? That would even sound better! Since they aren't selling vehicles. Give 'em away to keep people working...

But you know that will never happen!

I would not take a free FORD vehicle...THEY can kiss my ASS!!! :kissass:

With all the quality issues that vehicle would cost me money..

I would... Then turn around and sell the fucker on ebay for top $$$! :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

You wish!

I checked the prices on ebay and dealers are selling brand new 06 F150's for less than I paid 5 months ago even with A plan and a rebate plus they just announced another $1400 deduction.