question on disibility

niteeyes

I got a friend who works the line, he has mouth cancer, has been off on medical a couple times, anyway he has lost so much weight and hasn't got the energy to work the 10hr shifts, he went from 230lbs down to 145 lbs, well he just went back on medical this past monday, it's not looking good for him to come back any time soon, last time he came back he was 180 lbs but keeps loosing weight so fast he only last a few months before he's back down in the 140's. anyway the question is do you know of any options, he only has 12 yrs in and is 45 yrs old, is medical retirement an option, maybe looking into ss disibility, any advise. Thanks.

Have him get in touch with the benefits rep, they will know how to get the information. My uncle did this at GM. He was deemed totally disabled by his doctor, and was approved by SS to be disabled by state.

Also have him contact a good lawyer to help with getting the information also.

Please don't rely on this or anyone else on this sight for the total answer, we mean well but the right people to contact is the union rep and a lawyer who deals with this allot.

Also, if your a really good friend stay with through the process and encourage him he will need someone to talk to since this is a big step. The union is sometime doest have or best interests in mind nor have the correct answers to our questions, that's why I say contact a disability lawyer.

Best of luck.