Rebate Question

skinner8022

I ordered a 2013 Taurus LTD AWD on July 24, 2012. Delivery "should" be around mid-September.

At the time I placed the order Ford was offering a $1750.00 cash incentive which was to expire on October 1,2012. That rebate is no longer shown on Ford's, Costco's or Edmund's websites.

What are the chances of that incentive still applying when i take delivery of the car?

Thanks for your help.

I ordered a 2013 Taurus LTD AWD on July 24, 2012. Delivery "should" be around mid-September.

At the time I placed the order Ford was offering a $1750.00 cash incentive which was to expire on October 1,2012. That rebate is no longer shown on Ford's, Costco's or Edmund's websites.

What are the chances of that incentive still applying when i take delivery of the car?

It depends on whether it's eligible for rebate protection - that program is available but I don't know if the dealer has to register it at the time of order or not. Your dealer will know.

Don't worry, you'll get the rebate. I ordered my 2013 Taurus Limited when the rebates were only $1000 and was told that as long as you ordered the car while the rebate was offered, the dealer would honor the rebate. In my case, only 2 weeks after I took delivery, they increased the rebate to $1750...which I was not entitled to. Take note, make sure the cargo net is in your trunk. The Se/SEL do not offer the net as standard. I had to battle the dealer to get my cargo net since it was missing on delivery. Also, walk around the car and look for any small dents or creases in the metal. I took delivery without looking close at a crease that was in my door. FYI...I am hopeful your car will be fine.If you need to track your VIN, respond to this and I will send the site to your e-mail. I don't want it sent to the whole forum because they would be overwhelmed. I have a Black Limited and it is sweet...! Ford rules!

Thanks for the info, bobbyd. I talked to the dealer the other day and he confirmed that we'll get the $1750 but he also said the rebate had increase to $2000 so maybe we'll get that.

Our new Taurus will be Sterling Gray AWD with the 301A package and navigation. BTW, this will be our 5th Taurus in a row. I'm beginning to think we like them. :lol:

Sending you a PM reference the VIN which the dealer doesn't have yet.

Once the dealer gives you the VIN...go to the internet and input "researchmaniacs.com" and they will give a phone number to call and the "live"operator will track your vehicle and also a delivery to dealer date. I've had my Taurus since May 1st and simply love it. I recommend a coat of the new Turtle Wax Ice Polish applied with microfibre cloths to protect that beautiful finish! Enjoy!