Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why

mettech

"...Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks . . . and fast.

Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.

In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.

With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.

Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone......"

Read more: Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why

No matter who wins the White House and Congrees... it appears we are going to have big issues soon...

"...Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks . . . and fast.

Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.

In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.

With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.

Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone......"

Read more: Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why

No matter who wins the White House and Congrees... it appears we are going to have big issues soon...

So says NewsMAX. I think it's fair to say that if the conservatives here are going to cry about Huffpo and links to stories from it's site, that Newsmax, American Spectator, NRO and other essentially conservative voice publications be off limits also.

The best part is that the story is merely an advertisement for a book. If you went down to the bottom you would see this link.

http://Editor’s Note: For a limited time, Newsmax is showing the Wiedemer interview and supplying viewers with copies of the new, updated Aftershock book including the final, unpublished chapter. Go here to view it now. Read more: Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why

Which leads you to a video interview and a button that says,

Get a free copy with this offer Click here

Needless to say I didn't click nor did I get the free book with that offer.

Edited by Langston Hughes

So says NewsMAX. I think it's fair to say that if the conservatives here are going to cry about Huffpo and links to stories from it's site, that Newsmax, American Spectator, NRO and other essentially conservative voice publications be off limits also.

The best part is that the story is merely an advertisement for a book. If you went down to the bottom you would see this link.

Which leads you to a video interview and a button that says,

Needless to say I didn't click nor did I get the free book with that offer.

No review on the content?

No, I don't see a reason to bother reviewing advertisements.

...and this is why our country is in so much trouble. The sale of those stocks is public record, regardless of newsmax bias. You see, some of us actually do our research to find the truth, not pick and choose which data to ignore to confirm our perception of truth. Edited by Versa-Tech
  • Like 1

...and this is why our country is in so much trouble. The sale of those stocks is public record, regardless of newsmax bias. You see, some of us actually do our research to find the truth, not pick and choose which data to ignore to confirm our perception of truth.

So did you offer up your opinion? No, you just criticized my view that i am not going to bother researching the shit thrown against the wall to see what sticks. I'm not going to spend my time chasing information to rebutt what is an obvious informercial designed to make a profit for someone.

So did you offer up your opinion? No, you just criticized my view that i am not going to bother researching the shit thrown against the wall to see what sticks. I'm not going to spend my time chasing information to rebutt what is an obvious informercial designed to make a profit for someone.

No more post about any political party or platform?

Maybe it's my dominant narcesistic mentality, but I could care less about their intentions. The story is true and serves my awareness. My awareness serves my assets, and allows me to make better financial decisions. Those decisions serve my employees everytime I make a payroll, and my clients everytime I make a shipment. I don't have the luxury of blissful ignorance on principle.

Maybe it's my dominant narcesistic mentality, but I could care less about their intentions. The story is true and serves my awareness. My awareness serves my assets, and allows me to make better financial decisions. Those decisions serve my employees everytime I make a payroll, and my clients everytime I make a shipment. I don't have the luxury of blissful ignorance on principle.

Well, it could be that, or it could be that your more likely to give opinions that fit with yours the benefit of the doubt than those that don't. After all that is a natural occurrence for most of us including myself. But the crux of the issue for me is not whether he has his data right, as I give most writers the benefit of the doubt that they are presenting reliable evidence, the issue is completely his over the top alarmist conjecture.

It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%.

One such person publishing this research is Robert Wiedemer, an esteemed economist and author of the New York Times best-selling book Aftershock.

We can spend countless days and nights playing this game and incredibly enough be completely wrong every time. This is not truth, this is speculation and an extremely open ended one at that. They don't even try to connect the author, the premise, nor the subjects to each other, they merely suggest that they "COULD" be doing it for this reason.

So there, are you happy now?