AAI is no more

ffamily

I'm sorry to have to inform all of the former AAI workers but, you will not be able to return . Ford has changed the name to Flat Rock Assembly Plant . So just like the former Michigan Truck workers you will not have RTBU rights. Enjoy your remaining years at DTP . :banmolest:

I'm sorry to have to inform all of the former AAI workers but, you will not be able to return . Ford has changed the name to Flat Rock Assembly Plant . So just like the former Michigan Truck workers you will not have RTBU rights. Enjoy your remaining years at DTP . :banmolest:

Hate to tell you how wrong you are...but you ARE wrong. Michigan truck ceased to exist when the PRODUCT was moved out of state..and the facility there is NOT building trucks any longer. AAI, simply switched names and is still building the same product.

SO, those that made the mistake of ending up at that HELL HOLE called DTP, WILL have the opprotunity to return to their HOME plant. FLAT ROCK ASSEMBLY!

• Like 1

The Michigan truck people I worked with at DTP were asked if they wanted to return. The lady I worked across from as well as others told management no. These are Passed opportunities posted in the five years I was there, Chicago, LAP, KTP, Lima and Michigan Assembly etc.

Edited by FANTASTICFORD

Ford claims in the media they opened a newly revamped assembly plant, kinda misleading if you ask me.

http://mobile.bloomb...html?cmpid=yhoo

If getting new paint ovens doesnt count in some way shape or form as revamped I do not know what does.

re·vamp

   /v. riˈvæmp; n. ˈriˌvæmp/ Show Spelled[v. ree-vamp; n. ree-vamp] Show IPA

verb (used with object)

to renovate, redo, or revise: We've decided to revamp the entire show.

Ooops I gues that would count as revamped, and yes I know they are getting new ovens for a fact.

Ford said they would be hiring 1200 workers for the newly named plant .No mention of RTBU's .Trust me there is a deal in place with the union .That any additional shifts added to North American plants will be second tier . I'm sure they have time to idle the plant what with the stellar sales of the mustang . They are going to need time installing all of those donut vending machines .

My point was that Ford says they "Opened a plant", Flat Rock has been running Ford vehicles for a long time, the plant has not just opened!

Last I checked Flat Rock has been running vehicles off the line, the plant has not been idle.

I'm sure the plant will be idle with a 555 million dollar investment . Skilled trades can't even change a light bulb while the line is running . And then this is where Ford can get creative rename the car mustang II .