Temps @ DTP

damagedone37

IF ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS WAS AN LTS YOU WOULD NOT BE SAYING THESE THINGS.

i spent 5 years as an LTS, saw my wages cut in half down to $15 bucks in 2010 and the truth is, after finding out that temps actually are due raises every 6 months whereas us full-time new hires aren't due raises for a full year, I want em gone. I don't think it's right that they have the possibility of making more than us new hires who spent so much time with the company as LTS's only to find out that once we got in full-time we were actually better off wage wise as temps.

I'm extremely happy to finally be full time, but that just blows my mind.

Edited by Goongala

I should add that if anything ,I would love to see all the temps in the system get hired in full time. I know personally what it's like to be a long term temp and how the company and UAW treats temps and know that it's entirely possible that this new crop of temps could find themselves in the same position as so many of us former temps were in for years. It's no fun constanly being brought in and laid off with no support from the UAW, wanting only to be made full-time, yet knowing full well that if the company had it their way we'd stay temps forever. So hopefull the UAW stands up for these new temps the way they didn't for us for so long and gets them hired in some place in the near future. Being a temp for the long haul is not fun.

IF ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS WAS AN LTS YOU WOULD NOT BE SAYING THESE THINGS.

"IF" problem is im not able to get my friends and family a job, most of the temps that i worked around were shit. the biggest problem i saw was managed would have them train on every job on our line, while only a few people know all the jobs.. then the temps get the boot and we still have only 2 people that know other jobs.. so we're stuck unable to rotate jobs still.