800,000 Jeep Liberty Recall

range

Note to Liberty owners...you might not want to take this vehicle off-road for fear the front ball joints will break. Do they really test these things in extreme off-road conditions? Or is the "Trail Rated" badge just something they throw on to help sales? What happened to Jeeps (other then the Wrangler) you could actually use off road? My sister used to own a 1995 Cherokee Sport and that thing was great off-road.

Edited by 2005Explorer

Off road? Drive one, sometime. It sucks on-road. ;)

I had a KJ and took it offroad all the time (no, not dirt trails...offroad). Never had any ball joint problems either, didn't suck "on-road" either (of course in comparison to your Explorer, the ride is considerably different...more trucky, which I happen to like, but not bad by any means)

Note to Liberty owners...you might not want to take this vehicle off-road for fear the front ball joints will break. Do they really test these things in extreme off-road conditions? Or is the "Trail Rated" badge just something they throw on to help sales? What happened to Jeeps (other then the Wrangler) you could actually use off road? My sister used to own a 1995 Cherokee Sport and that thing was great off-road.

Trail Rated? Bah. With the exception of the Wrangler..most Jeeps are not incredibly capable off-road from the factory, including the XJ...had one of those too . They are though, one of the best foundations for building an offroad vehicle on the market. (With the exception of the new Compass & Patriot, those will be pretty much back road limited).

Check out some KJ group sites, I think you'd be amazed at what these little vehicles can do when the pavement turns to dirt...or rock...or mud.

Edited by Intrepidatious

What kind of trail does Jeep rate their vehicles on?

Loss Of Steering Defect in Jeep Liberty Forces Recall

I am by no means a Chrysler lover, but it did piss me off last night on the local news while they were reporting the sales numbers of our beloved domestics, they mentioned this recall. It kills me that they falled to mention any of Toyota's over the past little while. It's no wonder people are buying Honda's and Toyota's. I guess perception is reality....BS.