Odd front end noise

boppergee

I just got my 2013 AWD escape back from my dealer after 3 days.I took it in because I was always hearing a thunk noise coming from the front end whenever I hit a smal bump or dip in the road while turning the wheel to the right.This was happening from day one but I waited until I needed an oil change for them too look at it.The dealer confirmed the noise and replaced the driver side strut,that didnt take care of the issue.So, they then replaced the sway bar link or center link(I dont have the paper work in front of me),which didnt take care of the problem either.They hooked it up to somekind of hearing machine which couldnt find the problem.At this point they were just quessing and asked ford eng for help.,which they havent heard back from yet.So, my question to the board..has anyone else encountered this issue?

Edited by boppergee

I have the same issue. The dealer said my front strut mounts were bad and replaced them. Of course that didn't fix the issue. I think it's strange that they thought my strut mounts were bad on a brand new car. I hear it driving slow on smooth surfaces when turning and breaking.

I have this, too. I am tempted to get a look at under the hood from the top and below and at suspension components to see if there is something that is somewhat loosely attached that might get knocked about. I know it is not brake related because stepping on the braes does not affect the sound whatsoever.

On my previous car people had issues with the top center nut for the strut loosening a bit and causing a similar sound. But as some have had their struts replaced without that fixing the problem.

I am not worried about it being anything important or dangerous. But it bugs me!

Thanx for the input guys.Apparently it's not just mine.I'm not worried about it either but I dont think it's normal and the sound shouldn't be there.My dealer agreed,I guess we'll see IF ford gets back to them with an answer.I'll keep the board updated if I get any new info.