Recall Overreaction?

mikeo56

I believe the reaction on these message boards are a overreaction.

I think the ones that post are the people that are frustrated and are venting.

Yes they had problems with their Escape's and yes been threw the recalls maybe more than once,

some are fed up, I believe that, but the new Escape for the most part will be a great little car.

When a person only reads these message boards they may walk away with a very distorted view, for the most part people are very happy with their car, minus the inconvenience with taking their car in.

In my honest opinion.

Owner of a SEL 1.6 150 miles 21 city 30 HWY. approximately so far.

Thoughts?

Edited by mikeo56

Ford Escape sales drop again but set sales record
Business FirstDate: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 12:58pm EST

Ford Motor Co. reported increased U.S. sales for December, with vehicle sales rising 2.9 percent, according to a news release.

Overall, the company sold 214,222 vehicles in December, capping a year when total sales rose 4.7 percent to 2.25 million.

“Ford finished 2012 strong, with retail sales showing improved strength as more customers returned to dealer showrooms,” Ken Czubay, Ford’s vice president of U.S. marketing, sales and service, said in a news release. “Ford’s fuel-efficient cars and hybrid vehicles showed the most dramatic growth for the year, and we achieved our best year for commercial vehicle sales since 2008.”

Ford’s car sales rose 22.8 percent in December and 5.3 percent in 2012.

Sales of utilties, including the Louisville-made Escape compact sport-utility vehicle model, fell 3 percent in December but rose 7.1 percent for the year.

December Escape sales fell 21.3 percent, to 20,131 units, but sales for the year rose 2.6 percent, to 261,008 units.

The Louisville-built had a record sales year in 2012, surpassing 2011 record sales of 254,293 vehicles.

Ford’s F-Series sold 68,787 vehicles in December, up 0.7 percent. For the year, F-Series sales, including sales of Super Duty models made in Louisville, rose 10.3 percent, to 645,316 vehicles.

Dearborn, Mich.-based Ford (NYSE: F) operates the Kentucky Truck Plant and the Louisville Assembly Plant in Louisville.